Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

sicDaniel posted:

I just remembered, when I was around six years old, I told my parents I wanted to be a cashier when I grow up. Because people just hand them money all day every day, it must be the coolest job ever, right?

When my nephew was about that same age he wanted to be a meat cutter at the grocery store I work at, I should ask him if he still does. This is the same nephew who told my mom when he was around four that his imaginary friend Boy Felix had an arch nemesis Boy Felix Jones.

Radio Help posted:

Hehe, my dad brought out the same reaction in all of my younger cousins. He's a super intimidating-looking dude with a massive mustache and dark features. My youngest cousin called him "Uncle NOO" for like three years.

Couple of summers ago we went to an relative's wedding, we got there and found out that my cousin, who we were staying with, had a little girl who was about 2 and was terrified of beards, because not only the general kid reaction to beards but her grandpa apparently thought it was hilarious to chase her around and make her touch his beard. Anyway my dad has a full beard about 15 inches long and of course she freaked a bit when he got out of the van. So while my dad, little sister and I went for a ride in my other cousin's custom dune buggy, mom stayed and visited with the first cousin's family. Well when we got back mom had gone with the cousin's to their house, when we got over there ourselves we found out that the girl told her mom that [Mom Gib] could stay there but, "Him with the beard has to sleep in the car!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Slight background, my dad has a fairly long beard that is mostly grey/white, and his coat is red and this year he bought a Santa hat to wear for winter, so of course guess who all children think he is.

So the other night we were out for pizza and while we were eating this lady walked by with two little girls I'm guessing around 5 or 6, and they were just staring at my dad. The mom said to us, "They're pretty sure this is really happening." So my dad said hi to them and they giggled and ran off to their table. We went back to eating and pretending we notice them staring, until they came back by and asked if they could tell "Santa" what they wanted for Christmas. The first girl asked for a Barbie, the second screwed up her courage to ask Santa to bring her "a kitchen from Costco" it was adorable.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Recently remembered one that happened many years ago while I was waiting to give my sister a ride home from her job as a hairdresser.

:gay: (Caretaker for my sisters last client): We're here for client's name's appointment.
:haw: (My 4 or 5 year old nephew, hearing his effeminate voice): Are you a boy or a girl?
:gay: I'm a boy.
:haw: Well you sound like a girl, which you Are!

Luckily the guy was cool about it but I felt so bad for him.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Speedboat Jones posted:

Andy, the 8th grader, singing: "Watch out for my body rolls, WATCH OUT FOR MY BODY ROLLS, HIIIIGH KICKS HIIIIGH KICKS

I just listened to that again the other day.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

HopperUK posted:

My sister's child is now 22 months old and last night she wanted to do something unwise, like use the blender or something. My sister told her, "No, you're too little. Mummy will do it." The kiddo said crossly, "Baby ALWAYS too little."

Here she is today. I think she's telling Santa about what happened.

When did Santa start having buckles on his sleeves?

Going back to the early use of big words when my older sister was five we we're eating out somewhere and she told the server, "For my beverage I will have the lemonade."

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Alhazred posted:

Some of the sculptures in the parks we visit are really phallic:

Turns out that this really inspired the kids. And it's cool that they enjoy the art and are able to retain the image of it, but if you don't know the context it looks like they're making dicks out of play-doh

What is that first one supposed to be, all I can see is a nude yoga dude with a giant wang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
So where is this weird sex art park I think I need to make a road trip.