Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My nephew is just shy of two at the moment and he absolutely loves my dog. His default word when upset is "Bell!" If we ever dare to show up without the dog, he stands at the door and just waits for her :3:

One day he's petting her and starts to get a little rough for my liking, so I tell him "Gentle."

He looks up at me with the biggest smile on his face, goes "Nice Bell!" and kisses the top of her head.

Being an aunt rules :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My sister borrowed our car for the weekend. He's very used to our dog Belle coming out of the car.

In the morning, he looked at my sister's car and said "Mommy car." Then he looked at our car in their driveway and said "Belle car!"

My dog, the car owner.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My two year old nephew was over visiting. First thing in the morning, my sister and I are having coffee and watching him play. Our Great Dane, Belle is nearby sleeping on her ottoman.

Without any prompting, he walks up to the dog gives her a big hug and says "I love you, Belle."

Our immediate reaction was :3:

Five seconds later, my sister frowns. "He doesn't even say that to me!"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My 2 year old nephew woke up from his nap.

"I had a dream."

The daycare worker was intrigued. "What did you dream about?"

:haw: "Cookies!"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My 2 1/2 year old nephew has two obsessions in life: firetrucks, and Belle, my Great Dane.

We had a party in our garden yesterday, and he heard the sirens. So I whisked him up and we went to the sidewalk, getting there just in time to see the truck go by.

After that, we head back to the party.

The first thing he sees is the dog.

:byodood: BELLE, I SAW A FIRETRUCK!

Belle was very excited by the news.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
3 year old nephew: Auntie Cat, what that?

Me: That's a dolphin.

Nephew: No, that's a fishie.

Me: You're the one who asked me.

Nephew: No auntie Cat, I'm sorry. That's a fishie.

Me: Okay, then.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Cath: Hey buddy, why don't you tell me a story?

3 year old nephew: Once upon a time, Spiderman was on a motorcycle on a road. The end.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Me: Buddy, why don't you tell me a story?

3 year old nephew: Once upon a time, Spiderman was on a road on a motorcycle. The end.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

razorrozar posted:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I forgot to mention that when he finished, he immediately fell asleep. Guess that counted for his bedtime story :haw:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Nephew: We should trick grandmama.

Me: How are we going to do that?

Nephew: :haw: By taking a cookie from the cookie jar.

Grandmama: That's his favorite trick.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tasty_Crayon posted:

Your kid is wonderful.

My friends child said his first word the other day. It was "booty".

Awww.

My nephew's first word was Belle. It's the name of my dog :3:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
When my nephew really started talking, the family was sitting around, asking him questions.

It started out with the usual questions. "What does a doggie say? What does a cow say? What does a duck say?"

I got bored. "Hey buddy, what does Mommy say?"

The kiddo was quiet for a second, then busted out "Blahblahblahblahblah..."

My brother in law immediately said "I didn't teach him that!"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
3 1/2 year old nephew was in the living room, just him and the dog. In the kitchen, we could hear him giggling. Mom: "He's having too much fun. Go check."

I go into the living room to find that my nephew has placed every blanket, stuffed animal and cushion he could find on top of the dog. Little dude was so proud of himself.

A few minutes later, the dog got up.

:cry: Now she's not comfortable!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
"Don't worry, buddy, Auntie Cath is just being silly."

:stare: Is someone controlling you?

Dude, you're three, where do you pick up these things?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Sponch posted:

The kids I watch had a friend over, who was completely fascinated by their pomegranate tree, as she'd never had one before. A few of them were ripe, so I offered to cut one up for a snack for them so she could try it. She stuck to me like glue as I opened it up, and whispered, full of wonder:

"Pomegwanites look like wed, wed woobies." :kimchi:

I love that accent kids have at that age.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Admiral Bosch posted:

There seems to be an awful lot of people in this thread who named their dog 'Belle'. That was my first dog's name when I was young. :3: good stories everyone.

"Belle" is my Great Dane. This was my nephew's first word. :3:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Okay, so last weekend, the nephew and I went pottery painting; you buy a piece, paint it and get it back. He did a racecar. My sister asked for a spoon rest, so the stove doesn't get dirty.

Today, I gave him both things. He loved his car, then we put the owl shaped spoon rest on the stove. He looked over at me. "Grandmama has a green one." This is true, I made a green spoon rest for my mom years ago. "But I like this one better because we made it together and it's for mommy."

:3:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My older nephew has a little brother who hasn't started talking yet. He refers to the little dude as "My baby."

My sister brought Evan, the older one, a present. Evan's been taught that it's rude to ask for presents before they're offered. Ever the clever one, Evan looked up at my sister with big eyes.

"My baby really wants to know what you got me!"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My five year old nephew's brother has had a cold this past week. It's caused some sleepless nights.

My sister was up with the baby in the middle of the night.

Nephew: "Ugh, Alec, you're killin' me!"

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
"You know, Auntie Cath, when I was a kid..."

Little dude, you're five.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Baby nephew is crazy about Finding Dory. I picked him up a Dory plushie.

He got super excited when he recognized it. "Dory!" And then he gave it a big kiss.

Writer Cath has a new favorite as of 00:56 on Jun 2, 2017

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

:3: Have you ever tried watching real undersea nature docs with him? I was at a store that had the TVs playing Oceans or something like that and kids were reacting to clownfish footage like the Beatles were in town.

Not yet, but that could work. When his brother was this age, I use to watch the Sea World live feed with him.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My little nephew is 2.5 and he's had a bit of an issue going to bed lately. He has shortened Auntie Cat to "Achia" for some reason and is obsessed with my car.

My dad said I missed a call from my sister, so I called her.

Me: "Hey, buddy."
Nephew: "Achia... Achia car?"
Me: "No friend, Achia car dodo."
Nephew: "Achia car dodo? Achia car dodo."
Me: "Achia car dodo. Achia dodo. Alec dodo."

A second later, my sister came on the line and said. "He just turned around and went to bed."

I suspect I'll be getting many more phone calls from her in the future.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
It was the French Canadian one. He didn't want to go to sleep, so I had to tel him that the car was asleep, that I was going to sleep and that he should also go to sleep.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I got a call on Sunday. My three year old nephew was like "I saw a triceratops. I saw a dinosaur. I saw a spinosaurus. I'm dinosaur crazy. There's Mommy. I saw indominus rex. I saw a raptor. I'm dinosaur crazy. They have eyes. I see Daddy."

After about ten minutes, I hear "After while crocodile" and he hangs up.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
"One time a missile came out and hit the German army. Some sharks came out. A few of their guys were killed."

Never forget.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Sis: "What did you do with Auntie Cat today?"
3 year old Nephew: "Eat."
Sis: "And?"
Nephew: "We had cheesy noodles."
Sis: "And what else did you do?"
Nephew: "And bacon."

(Kid loves to eat. We did do other stuff.)

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Out of nowhere, my nephews (4 and 7) started singing Thriller.

4 year old: "And then Godzilla danced and destroyed the ciiiiiiiiiityyyyyyy."

All while keeping in tune.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Got my nephews some Star Wars Lego from a con recently, along with a few dinosaurs and a shark.

Grand Admiral Thrawn got shortened to Uncle Thrawn.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
My mom was taking the grandkids somewhere.

Older Nephew: "Grandmama, I don't really care for apple juice."

Younger Nephew: "Grandmama, I REALLY care for apple juice.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tiggum posted:

Because they lack the vocabulary to express themselves clearly and don't understand subtext or implication.

"Auntie Cat, I got lots of Spiderman toys for my birthday. You should come over and we can play with them. I got a Batman toy too. You can take that one home and bury it."

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
8 year old nephew, talking about his little brother.

"It's like we're pancakes, but I got all the chocolate chips."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Had a mom bring her kids into my store the other day. Kiddos had a riot playing with some toys while they were waiting and I answered their questions when they wanted to know what I was doing.

As they were leaving, one girl looks at her mom and goes "The best thing about this place is that SHE'S HERE."

I rode that high for quite a while.