Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Lotish posted:

Ha! That reminds me of my cousin. She got caught using the word "poo poo" as a girl and her mother found out. She was severely scolded and her mother told her to use the word "cathair" instead.

Cue a lot of confused looks when a Bunsen burner makes a huge fireball in her chem lab one day and she blurts out "cathair!" at the top of her lungs in front of her classmates.

Is that cat-hair or cath-air?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

youareoffthehook posted:

My neighbor's 3 year old kid was riding around in his BMW pedal car yesterday as the neighbor and I were talking. All of a sudden the kid starts yelling, 'get out of my way!' over and over, laughing hysterically.

All BMW drivers are assholes. Is it the car that makes the rear end in a top hat or the are assholes just drawn to BMWs? This story does nothing to solve the riddle.

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

bringmyfishback posted:

Then he fell in love with a lobster claw, named it Stan after my great-uncle, and insisted on sleeping with it every night until Stan "accidentally" got smashed underneath a book OH WHOOPS. gently caress you, Stan.

This reminds me of the time my friend and I were at Blockbuster. I was vaguely aware of a family searching for a movie. The daughter, maybe six years old, picked up "Cheaper by the Dozen" and carried it to her dad. "Dad! Dad! 'Cheaper by the Dozen'!! 'Cheaper by the Dozen'!!" Typical kid stuff and I wasn't really paying attention.

The dad kinda brushed her off so she came back by me to put the movie back on the shelf, the whole time chanting softly "Cheaper by the dozen. Cheaper by the dozen. Cheaper by the dozen." That gets my attention and I look over at her and she's got a 12 inch crab claw in one hand that she's waving with the beat of her chant, looking very determined to watch this movie.

To this day, whenever my friend or I want something really bad we'll chant "cheaper by the dozen" and shake our index finger like that claw.

Shoozy has a new favorite as of 13:11 on Oct 14, 2015

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Crow Jane posted:

...the adults were drafting their feet...

Not to derail, but I've never seen this phrase. Does it mean they were putting on their shoes?

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007
I don't have any stories. I just want to say that I get unreasonably happy everytime I see there's a new post in my user control panel. :3:

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

A Spider Covets posted:

My three-year-old niece told me recently that when she grows up, she would like to be a schoolbus. :3:

Please teach her to say, in the fiercest way possible, " VROOM VROOM, MOTHER FUCKER!" Then record it and post it here. Please and thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoozy
Apr 11, 2007

Nermal. posted:

He honestly wanted to know if I was some sort of wizard who can edit poo poo out of photos and they disappear from reality.

I didn't understand how instant coffee worked and I guess I never saw her put the mix in the cups so I used to think my mom was magically making the water turn into coffee