Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Our family has a traditional Christmas Eve lunch at a fancy restaurant. This year, they put out little LED candles instead of real ones, and naturally the younger cousins were playing with them. My mom and I were sitting by the oldest of the cousins, who had a reputation for being a bit of a comedian.

Mom: Every time I see you reach in there I think you're gonna get burned.
Cousin: I've lived a good seven years. ...I'm nine.

And on Christmas:

Cousin: Mom, do we have to write thank-you notes for Christmas presents?
Her mom: No, sweetie.
Cousin: Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

My mother was in a minor traffic accident the other day (nobody was hurt, thankfully), and today she told a friend of hers and her 5-year-old daughter about it.

Daughter: "Was there BLOOD all over the inside of the car?" :aaa:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

Fenrir posted:

My oldest niece made most of my WoW characters... this means I have a small army of female blood elves and a "moo-cow!" :3:

My last visit over, I was playing to kill some time, then my brother gets home with the girls from school. Said niece rushes to me at the computer all "hey, uncle Fenrir! are you playing warcraft?"

Me: "Yep, was just waiting for you guys. There's a roast beast in the oven!"
Her: "Yay!" *hugs me, then immediately eyeballs the computer screen* "Ooo, who are you playing?" *sees Troll shaman, makes frumply face* "He's ugly."
Me: "That's one my first characters - I made it back before you were even born." (she's 9)
Her: "It's a good thing I came along then, your characters suck."

She needs to learn a proper appreciation for trolls :colbert:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

From my brother and his daughter/my niece:

Brother: "How old is (her name)?"
Niece: "One!"
Brother: "And how old is daddy?"
Niece: "...four!"

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

The kids got in trouble last Thursday.

G4: "Everything is awesooooooome! Everything is coool when you're part of a team--"
ME: "G4, I don't feel very awesome."
G4: "Oh." *silence* "EVERYTHING'S NOT AWESOOOOOOME! EVERYTHING'S NOT COOL AND THE TEAM IS BAD!!!!!"

:3: His English is getting way better!

I hope he sang that to the same tune. :allears:

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

Carthag Tuek posted:

H also has a thing where he'll go "I'm gonna get cozy" and he gets on the couch and gets blankets and pillows and sits up very straight like it's a serious thing to get cozy :kimchi:

It is truly a serious thing to get cozy. Or comfy, whichever you prefer. :comfyzelda:

For content, my year-old niece has taken up the habit of sitting in boxes. No cats at their house, so no clue where she picked it up.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

My dad got a letter recently from his 4-year-old granddaughter (with envelope-addressing help from her dad, of course):

"Dear (his name),

Please tell Nana to send more treats

Love, C"

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

a mysterious cloak posted:

:lol:

Kids know what's up!

Always meant to ask, what's the thread title from?

One poster was working as an English teacher in... I forget what country, but they printed out various comic strips with the dialogue removed so the students could write their own in. One student had Calvin on the phone referencing The Ring with the titular phrase.

E: Found it. It's the last one in the link.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

In order to end this derail, I offer Korean Calvin and Hobbes, vintage goodness from 2014:

Korean Kid Komix

Jade Rider has a new favorite as of 08:01 on Jul 26, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

My brother's 4-year-old daughter doing a "grownup impression":

:j:: I drink coffee EVERY DAY, and fall asleep on the couch, and rock my baby to sleep!