Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Carthag Tuek posted:

It's such a wild threshold when their thoughts are way more developed than their language & they either get super pissed cause they cant say what they mean or we dont get it and then it clicks and they're so into speaking cause it super rules to get others to understand what you're feeling or thinking. It oscillates for a while there but oh man those moments :allears:

There's still a running joke in my family regarding my oldest cousin, when he was very young he loved to talk (and he was obviously trying to talk, not just babble) but absolutely nobody could understand him, so he wound up saying "Eeot" and walked away once. They figured out he meant "idiot", so any time we see bad drivers and the like we talk about all the "eeots" running around :D.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged
I still remember being highly amused when one of those fake "we're the IRS send us all your money" calls hit me at my work phone... at H&R Block. It's too bad it was a recording or I'd have had so much fun with that one - "You're with the IRS? Great, I was waiting for you guys to get back to me!". Geez, know your target when trying a scam though, people. Little less amusing when I had angry clients calling in about those calls saying "How could you screw up our return?!!" and I had to inform them the IRS NEVER calls you (hell, they can barely let you call them sometimes).