Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

For a while we had two identical Nissan sedans, the only difference being the color. My daughter only rode in the blue one because that was the one that had been set up for kids, so we'd say "time to get in the blue car!" whenever we had to go someplace. Eventually we replaced the not-blue car with a van, but we kept the habit of calling the sedan the blue car for a little while. Cue my daughter thinking all sedans--regardless of color, make or model--are "blue cars."

"Look at that blue car!"
"It's red, baby girl."
"You're right! A red blue car!"

For no reason we can fathom she decided the van was a "monster backpack" which I think is pretty awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So Math posted:

Years ago, my mom got some Victoria's Secret for her birthday. Cue my kid sister:

:newlol: "Oh, that's for your happies."
:stare: "What."
:newlol: "These." Pointing at mom's chest.

When I was in preschool, some kid taught everyone the word gently caress. The teachers found out and told us to say "rattail" instead. To this day, my dad still screams rattail when heckling sports tv.

Ha! That reminds me of my cousin. She got caught using the word "poo poo" as a girl and her mother found out. She was severely scolded and her mother told her to use the word "cathair" instead.

Cue a lot of confused looks when a Bunsen burner makes a huge fireball in her chem lab one day and she blurts out "cathair!" at the top of her lungs in front of her classmates.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm dancing with my son. My daughter objects, "No dancing. EVIL dancing!" I ask her to do an evil dance and she starts doing the Robot.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My one year old is smiling, and my daughter says, "He's not happy. He's EVIL happy!"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My son saw a Thunderbird and said, "I think that's a shar-pei!"

"Do you mean 'Chevrolet?'"

"Yeah!"

I mean, wrong either way, but at least one makes more sense.

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 22:27 on Mar 14, 2019

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Are halal sausages beef or what?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My eldest son complaining about his little brother on a long car ride: "His eyes are talking!"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"Playing with strangers are illegal."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I don't recognize myself if i shave.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My wife and I were talking about that video of a guy kicking a black bear, so we asked our son, "Is it smart to kick a bear?"

"No. It's not September!"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Me: "You need to go brush your hair."
My autistic 6 year old: "I can't! I don't have a head!"

He continues to insist he left his head at school.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"The sun is deleted! Time for bed!"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"Metal spikes will slow you down."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"I drink apple juice all the time because it's beer for kids!"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"Eyelashes always betray us."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Today the kids played shop. Their shop sold babies and pink milkshake.

Do they deliver? My eldest son has said repeatedly that he wants us to buy a baby since his little brother is too old now.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Moral of the story: Doctor was a man...named HOOK!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

left_unattended posted:

Had a memory come up on Facebook recently about the social media generation discovering magic eye pictures, and some little poo poo commented, "my Dad has a whole book of these!" I could feel the grey hairs growing. I'm only loving 32.

That's about when I got my first grey hair. Welcome to old.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My youngest has been watching science programs.

"What is density?"
"Well, you are shorter than your brother, but you're heavier, so you're more dense."
"Oh, so THAT'S why I'm afraid of water!"

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My 8 year old autistic son got into his mom's nail polish to paint his fingernails.

Me: "Do you have permission?"
Him: "I have infinite permission."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"Jupiter is my favorite planet. I love its secrets."

"What kind of secrets?"

"The biggest."

I think my son is conspiring with Jupiter.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My son is nine, and learning what he likes about girls and how to express his attractions.

"When I see her butt, it gives me butt anxiety."

"Butt anxiety?"

"Yeah, it makes my penis fly away."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

My son was mad about a family situation. I asked him if he wanted to talk about it and he replied "dad, when I'm like this.... Your voice sounds like a toilet flushing".

Been online almost 30 years, never been owned this hard.

From one dad to another: "lol owned"

Your son sounds very mature and honest though. I suspect good parenting.

marshmallow creep has a new favorite as of 15:45 on Mar 6, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

My wife, laughing so hard she pulled something.

Me: "We better not make momma laugh anymore or she's gonna die."

My son, no hesitation: "Knock, knock!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

Stolen from the Blessed Pictures thread.

When I first saw this, I thought it was a kid who didn't understand the structure of a joke. But then I turned on the sound and no, he absolutely does.