Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

bringmyfishback posted:

I teach English in a Korea elementary school. I do an American culture class with my 5th grade students every Monday.

This week's topic was Korean things that are popular in America, so I opened the class by asking them to name some American things that were popular in Korea. Most of them involved food, Justin Bieber (not American," and "English" (arguably...kind of correct?)

One kid busted out with, "1945, America bomb Japan. Very popular Korea!"

:stare:

Oh wow. I am working as an assistant teacher for the German department in an English school and last week they did a kind of quiz about Germany in year 10 (~14-15 years old kids) because we Germans have Unification Day on October 3rd. The teacher asked if anyone knew what the Berlin Wall was actually seperating? Noone had any idea but one kid had a wild guess and said: "Rich people and poor people?"
Not completely wrong, in a way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
I just remembered, when I was around six years old, I told my parents I wanted to be a cashier when I grow up. Because people just hand them money all day every day, it must be the coolest job ever, right?