Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Background: I was wearing a black-and-white t-shirt of the old-school Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Like, original-comics Turtles. Kid is also wearing a Turtles shirt, but some incarnation that she, presumably, watches.

Kid: Are those the Ninja Turtles? Like mine!
Me: Yes, they are! You're very smart.
Kid: (with the most indignant face I've seen on anyone) No they are NOT!
Me: But {name}, they are! See, here's Leonardo, here's Raphael, here's-
Kid: THE TURTLES ARE GWEEEEEEEEEN! THOSE ARE WHITE! (to fully visualize this, it's that pose kids do when they aren't sure if they are just mad or think they are gonna start beating your rear end)
Me: No no, it's just a black and white tshirt! These Turtles are green, too. It's okay!
Kid: Ohhhh, okay. (pause) Those aren't good Turtles, mine are better. (walks away)

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 00:46 on Mar 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Not really what a kid said, but one of the kids I work with was very angry over something, in a way he could only express by saying "I AM ANGRY!". I figured it'd be a teaching moment, so I asked him what he should do when he's angry to make himself not so angry.

His response was to hunch over, spread his legs, and try and poo poo his goddamned pants.

:negative:

I meant like 'count to ten' or 'think of something that makes you happy', kid. kee-rist.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Apr 18, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Some terrible parent showed their kid Jack Packard's I make poo poos and pee pees song, the singing of it has spread to every child here and they will not stop.

This is a warcrime.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

The Lord Bude posted:

I have no objection to this song; or its singing. Your kids have culture.

You'd think so. I'll fully admit it was cute the first couple times. The first couple iterations. Before it spread as quickly as Eloba, an SCP, or that bug in World of Warcraft that the CDC actually studied.

Then it got taxing.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 05:07 on May 13, 2018

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
backstory: about a year ago I left the job where I worked with kids about a year ago, because I was moving. Had one of those conversations with the kids where you're about to cry because you're going to not see these wonderful tiny people anymore, and they don't really understand time well enough to feel bad. At the end of the day I'd always say to each one "Bye {name}, I love you, and be good."

Yesterday I was at a restaurant, and I saw one of those kids. He was so excited to see me and we had one of those conversations where he excitedly tells you everything that has happened since we last saw each other (read: everything that happened in the past three days, because time is a strange thing for kids), which really isn't the topic for the thread.

No, what feels important is that when he had to leave, he had me kneel down. Then he hugged me and, wagging his finger at me like he's making a formal list of demands, and said "Bye {Bibs}. Be good. Love you."

Lost it for the rest of the night. Goddrat I miss those kids :3: