Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
The boyfriend and I went out for breakfast on Christmas Eve, and sitting near us were a couple with their daughter, maybe 4 years old. As they're ordering, the girl is chanting "butter butter butter butter." I look over maybe ten minutes later and she's got one of the little butter things from the table and is eating it, looking happy as a clam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

My friend's three year old earlier at my daughter's birthday party: "I need a cupcake because my stomach hurts."

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Carthag Tuek posted:

Preface: in Danish, grandparent nomenclature are basically "mormor" mom-mom for maternal grandmother, "farmor" dad-mom for paternal grandmother, etc

But my niece has mixed it up a bit and instead of "morfar", she calls her maternal grandfather "forfar" which means "ancestor"

Also she says "søsyg" (seasick) when she means "tørstig" (thirsty)

She'll get it soon enough, she's only idk 18 months but I love that period where communicating is still like learning a foreign language even for the so-called adults :kiddo:

It's hilarious. My older daughter will be two in about a month, and she calls my husband "die" (or "dah-ee" but it really just sounds like die). "Daddy" is of course the stuffed dog she got from ikea.

She also gleefully says "baby ghai" every time the baby cries, and sometimes when she's not crying. We sort of wonder if she thinks cry is the baby's name. That would at least make the glee less concerning.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

First thing my toddler said on seeing me this evening when I got home from work while she and my husband were eating dinner: "Mommy tiiiired."

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

Jade Rider posted:

My brother's 4-year-old daughter doing a "grownup impression":

:j:: I drink coffee EVERY DAY, and fall asleep on the couch, and rock my baby to sleep!

Wow, I feel so seen.

Toddler: I want Christmas baby shark again!
Me: Can you say "please can we watch Christmas baby shark again?"
Toddler: OK
Me: Can you please say that?
Toddler: Say that.