Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
When my daughter was 4 or 5 we played the "I love you more than" game. We would name bigger and bigger things until one day she ended it with "I love you more than toilet paper."

Where do you go from there? She's 15 now and we still say that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
Last night at work I had to give medicine to a 4 year old. She was not happy and at one point her mother was holding her down to make it easier. The little girl stopped crying for a second and deadpanned "Mom, why are you betraying me like this?" It took everything I had to not laugh at her.

My friends granddaughter was upset with me once because I wouldn't let her run around with scissors. She looked at me and put her hand on her chest and said, "LoveMeDead, you are breaking my heart."

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
When my son was 4-5 he became obsessed with Lenny Kravitz. I have no real idea why. But one day we were in the car and the radio announced they were giving away tickets to his concert.

My son threw a screaming fit that I would not pull over to find a phone and win tickets and take him. He starting screaming "Lenny will never love me now!“

His dad and I still tease him about that.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
Talking with my 8 year old nephew on the phone about an upcoming visit.

Me: Where do you want to go to dinner when we visit?
Him: Chuck E Cheese!
Me: I was thinking somewhere a little nicer and with better food.
Him: Chuck E Cheese is nice, mom makes me wear pants.

And because we usually see them at Christmas and make cookies together.

Me: I was thinking instead of making cookies that we could make some candy. What kind do you want to make?
Him: JELLY BEANS!
Me: :doh:

He loves to call me on his mom's phone and just chat. He called me one afternoon and was whispering "You have to talk some sense into her, she's gone crazy" I was concerned for a minute until I heard my sister in law in the background yelling "Kid, you better get out here and explain why you fed the pot roast to the dog!" I died laughing and told him to own up to it.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
At my sister's wedding, my two nieces (who are cousins) got to wear matching dresses that are replicas of Cinderella's wedding dress from the recent movie. They are 5 and 6, and are best friends. Before the wedding we were standing around visiting and people kept stopping to take pictures of the adorable girls. The wedding photographer spent 10 minutes taking pictures and putting them in poses.

When we sat down for the ceremony, I had this conversation with the 6 year old

:sparkles: People keep taking my picture

Me: They do

:sparkles: (in a stage whisper) I think I'm famous

I just had to smile. She was so sincere.

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
I asked my nephews and nieces what they wanted for Christmas. My 12 year old nephew wants "cool clothes" and a hat (did not specify what kind of hat). My 10 year old nephew wants Star Wars stuff, especially guns and "a real X wing fighter to fly to school". The 8 year old niece wants nursing stuff (I'm a nurse and bought her a stethoscope and small first aid kit last year. She apparently listens to the dog's heart and stomach all the time). And my 7 year old niece wants a "puzzle of the entire universe" and a trip to Japan. The boys also want a sports car for their dad. And everyone wants a trip to Disney World. :)

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011

The Orange Mage posted:

So a fedora, black and flames button-up shirt, cargo jorts, and, uh, socks with sandals?

Yes! We should get him started early. Is there an MRA handbook I could get him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoveMeDead
Feb 16, 2011
I couldn't be with extended family this year, so we "adopted" animals from WWF for my nieces and nephews. They got a stuffed animal, and information about the animals. My 8 year old niece was concerned about when her actual sea turtle would be arriving and where they would keep it. And my 10 year old nephew wanted to plan a trip to visit his tiger.

They also told me that they ate 100 cookies each, but only so they wouldn't hurt Grandmas feelings.

And the 8 year old told me she knows that Santa isn't real, but not to tell her brothers because they still believe. They have been trying to convince her that Santa is real to keep the magic alive or something, and she's interpreted that as them still believing. It's cute.