Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
When my cousin was about 4, He had a set of swimming gear that included 2 flippered "gloves" and a pair of goggles with a shark fin that went on his head. Similar to this:

We were on a family beach trip and my dad (who loves to poke fun at everyone) started calling my cousin silly names like "Fishface" and "Finhead" They went back and forth with my cousin returning fire with names like "Doody" and "poo poo head" etc. while getting increasingly frustrated.

Then with an air of finality he yells "OH YEAH?! Well You're A PENIS!!" Like he has said the worst word in the entire universe. Dad had no comeback to that one. He was too busy laughing. My Aunt and Uncle were mortified.

Yesterday I was babysitting my friend's 2 year old. He was napping when I arrived and once he woke up, it fell to me to change his way-too-full stinky diaper. I laid him down on his bed with a towel under his rear-end. As I started changing him he babbled on about how stinky he was. Then he looks at me dead in the eyes, completely serious and tells me "You'd better not get stinky on my bed. I have to lay here."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Mom loves to tell the story of when I was trying to wrestle a pillow from my uncle when I was around 3 years old.
He asked me "What are you going to do when you get it?"
My reply? :shrug: "I don't think I'm going to get it."

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My sister-in-law was playing with her son (my nephew who is 3) at the new years party we had. They were playing hide and seek and after giving him time to hide himself, she walked around saying "hmmmm I wonder where Ryan is...." "Is he....HERE?!" (we could hear giggling in the other room) "nope.... (she moved a little closer)is he.....HERE!!(giggling nearby) ...hmmmm Now where did Ryan go?" At which point he came out into the middle of the room saying "Here I am mommy! Right here!" She had to explain that's not how you're supposed to hide. :3:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
When I was young I had a great grandfather who was in WWII. He'd been hit by a bullet or some shrapnel from a land mine (I can't remember which) And had only lost the thumb on his right hand. But since he could no longer fire a gun, he was given a Purple Heart and sent home. He said it was the best thing that could have happened to him because he got to come home to his family. He had just enough of a nub left that he could hold a pencil. He was too stubborn to learn to use his left hand.

One day (I must have been 3 or 4) I was watching him do a crossword puzzle using his nub to write.

:ohdear: Grampa what happened to your thumb?
:v: I lost it in The War.
:ohdear: ...
:v: Do you know what a war is?
:ohdear: No...
:v: Do you want to know?
I looked from him to his thumb and back.
:ohdear: No...
He told me I was wise and then changed the subject :3:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
When I was very young, I used to think Oblivion was some kind of sewer city under people's bathtubs where people lived and did regular stuff. Because mom always used to tell me "Be careful when you stand up in the tub! You could slip and fall into Oblivion"

EDIT: I also recently visited Disney World and went to see the little "It's tough to be a Bug" show they do with 3D effects and interactive parts like smells and blasts of air. As we were exiting, I heard a little girl in the crowd ask
:D "Mommy! That was so cool! How do they do that?"
:) "They do it with 3D"
:aaa:"How does that work?!"
:confused: "...Actually...I don't know...We'll look it up when we get home."

I don't know why, I just thought that little exchange was adorable.

Buggiezor has a new favorite as of 17:30 on Feb 18, 2014

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

Sponch posted:

The younger kid was really intent on scaring me at work one day, and decided to tell me a scary story, but that I should be ready for nightmares because it's REALLY SCARY.

"Ok, once, there was a monster. Then, an EVEN BIGGER MONSTER came and ate him. Then, an EVEN BIGGER MONSTER came and ate HIM. Then a shark came and ate HIM. And then a whale came and ate the shark. Then a GIANT PENGUIN AS BIG AS THIS HOUSE ate the whale. The end."

:ohdear:

This post reminded me of the perfect Youtube channel for this thread.

Adults have some kids imagine up a script while they record the audio. Then the adults go out and act out the scripts but keep the kid's audio dubbed over.
It's pretty freaking adorable.

Spooky Stories
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rap9yNbzpmc

Salesman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsRk0TXYXuA

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My cousin used to call my dad "That Dave" Instead of uncle or anything else.

One year my family vacationed to the beach and my dad bought and set off some fireworks. My cousin was probably 3 at the time and for a few years after we'd say "What does That Dave do?" and he'd say "BOOM!!!!" :D

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
This thread made me think of an old story I posted in the Retail Thread in Ask/Tell

I got a woman and her young son in my line. He was very excited about the cart-full of Scooby-Doo toys he was getting. He also was getting a package of Sea Monkeys (yes those are still a thing) and was asking me questions with wonder-filled eyes like:
"Are some of the sea monkeys in here evil?"
"Do they like water?"
"Are they freshwater?"
"So they don't like salt?"
"Look it's a whole family on here, see?!"

The mother laughing the whole time while he's barraging me with questions about this and that. While she's paying he gets distracted by some Sonic the Hedgehog stuff on the other side of my register and runs off behind me (but still in Mom's sight) to look at it.

The receipt prints out and I hand it to the mom and I start passing over the bags. The mom asks her son to come help carry his new cart-full of toys. Instead of running past me to where his mom is, he makes a beeline straight for me and suddenly I am being bear hugged from behind. He yells "Thank you so muuuuuch!! :D" and then runs to his mom grinning from ear to ear as he grabs some bags. I told him he was very welcome and to enjoy the stuff. His mom smiled at him and then at me and they left. I just stood there with this look of :kimchi: on my face for like 20 minutes.

Kids like that make running register at a toy store totally worth it.

Buggiezor has a new favorite as of 21:35 on Jul 25, 2014

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
Overheard a piece of a conversation at my Toy Store job.

Kid: :buddy: "Mom's going to be SO MAD when I come home with another LEGO Set!!" :buddy:
Aunt: :raise: "I hope not"
Kid: :buddy: "YEAH!!! Because I already have like One Hundred and FORTY already!!" :dance:

:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
My close friend has a daughter who will be turning 3 in November. She's usually very shy and when asked a question she'll usually hide behind mom. We hang out every once in a while and I know she recognizes me but wasn't really sure if she knew my name or enjoyed my company more than just "That person that tries to talk to me"

Yesterday my friend came to pick me up for lunch while my car was in the shop and had her little daughter in tow. As I came out to get in the car I hear her say "Are we going to see Buggie?! :v:"
I got in the car and turned around to say Hi and she had the biggest grin on her face. That alone made me feel good.

A bit later we made a pit stop and Friend ran inside while I stayed in the car with the kid. She piped up and told me "I got a new bed!!"
"Oh yeah? What kind of bed? Is it big?"
"No, it's a little bed. It's an Elsa bed!"
We talked about beds and elsa until Friend came back.

She stayed open and talkative all afternoon! After returning to my house and hanging out for a little while and her petting my cats and wanting to play with the cat toys, Friend said it was time to go.
"Nooo! I wanna stay with Buggie!!" and she ran over to me and scrambled up in my lap. :3:
I squeezed her tight and said "Well if you stay here you have to sit in my lap right here FOREVER and be MINE!!! :unsmigghh:
She started giggling and kicking like crazy saying "Noo Wait mommy! I changed my mind!!"

I freed her and she ran to my friend laughing and my friend said "Ok, tell Buggie Bye!"
She ran back over and said "Love you Buggie!" and gave me a hug.
:kimchi: :kimchi:
It was a good day.