Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Basscop posted:

But then she broke up with him and he proclaimed (loosely translated): "Oh calamity!" And went to his room.
A full 20 minutes later he returned with a poem:

Once, life was wonderful
I was happy then.
But everything changed.
I still sing this song
I try, hoping for results
But in vain
It all ends here.

Unironically better than most of the poetry you'd find on deviantart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

rectal cushion posted:

:confused: people normally don't go shopping naked
:) papa goes shopping naked :colbert:

You should really ask your husband what's up with that.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Dietrich posted:

The other day my wife and I were in the kitchen discussing thanksgiving plans while my daughter played in the basement. I said "We'll have to buy a nice fat turkey." and from the basement I hear my 3 year old daughter shout "FAT IS A BAD WORD DADDY".

Have you been letting her on Tumblr?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

bringmyfishback posted:

There are a lot. Like, most of the Asia-specific threads in T&T have a majority of ESL teachers as posters, I think.

It really does sound like it would make for an interesting thread. I don't even speak English, but I've always been interested in this sort of thing.

e: should have scrolled down before replying

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

pookel posted:

My 6-year-old is still having issues with potty training (again, autism) and my 8-year-old decided to try to offer him some helpful advice:

Him: You know how you can tell when you need to pee? When your penis gets all STRAIGHT.
Me: Uh, yeah. That happens to boys sometimes.
Him: No, Mommy. It happens ALL THE TIME.

This is the worst advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

pookel posted:

Oh, God. Boys and their weiners. My two, at around 8 and 5.5 (younger is autistic and was slow to potty train):

Elder: Hey, I have an idea for how you can tell when you need to pee.
Younger: Oh? How can I tell?
Elder: Because your penis gets all STRAIGHT.
Me: Yes, that's something that happens sometimes when boys need to pee.
Elder: No, Mommy. It happens to me ALL THE TIME.

That would actually make it harder to pee, though. It's not very good advice.