Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

My son when he was about 4 or 5:

On seeing a man getting out of a Porsche convertible, asked in a big loud voice , “Dad has that man’s car got no roof because he is poor and can’t afford one?”

The guys face was a picture, made even better when i just replied “that’s right, Son."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

quote:

TIFU by realizing I taught my son the wrong word for ribs.

A little backstory, So 3 weeks ago I bought a grill and was BBQing ribs(my first time) and they looked GOOD. So when I came back in from checking on them I yelled "Babe them ribs lookin SMACKALICIOUS!"(idk why I chose this word but it was the first one that came to mind) Then my 3 year old son copied me like "lookin mackawicious!" and I was like yeah SMACKALICIOUS! Giving him high fives and me and him was just repeating that they looked SMACKALICIOUS the whole time I was grilling. I didn't think much of it and my wife and I thought it was cute every time he would copy me and say "MACKAWICIOUS!" Now fast forward to yesterday, I grilled ribs again but this time I wasn't as excited as I knew what I was doing and knew they would be good. I never once called them smackalicious or anything of the sort. I pull em off the grill, put em on the island and am letting em cool down a bit when my son walks up to me with his plate and said "daddy can I have some mackawicious?" I was like "huh? some what" and he pointed at the ribs and said " SOME MACKAWICIOUS!" and I just started cracking up and look over at my wife who is shaking her head at me while holding back a laugh. I then put some on his plate and said "no buddy they are called ribs" and he smiles at me and says "nooo its a mackawicious!" So now I have to find out a way to turn the fun word of "mackawicious" into the boring word "ribs".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
That pupper will be a big ol’ woofer by then.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

marshmallow creep posted:

My 8 year old autistic son got into his mom's nail polish to paint his fingernails.

Me: "Do you have permission?"
Him: "I have infinite permission."

sudo chmod -R 777 /*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Henry’s idea is cool & good and could create liquefaction that enables the ship to settle deeper into the water and into the sediment. A sufficiently powerful earthquake right now would do the same thing.

Do use tugboats rather than helicopters to spin it around, though.

I can only find one paper on induced liquefaction to free grounded ships, so it may actually be a bad idea.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/AlixEHarrow/status/1352254973443264515

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The bottomfeeder should have been the Nazi.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

sweeperbravo posted:

my favorite part is that, like, some more complex words, like "applesauce," come out perfectly enunciated, and even others like "cardiologist" come out pretty intelligible with maybe one extra syllable in there. but then you get "gebbedondon" or "gebbedondondon," which naturally is "helicopter"

Almost everyone pronounced that wrong, though. They split the Greek roots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwnPjJVxa8

This guy is right.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Calexio posted:

Another girl was so excited that Mrs Calexio was going to have a baby. Then she looked at me.
:thunkher:"Wait... Mr Calexio, you will have a child too?"
:confused:"Uh, yes? That's how it- The baby will be mine and Mrs Calexio's."
:thunkher:"Hmmm."

Powerful posting energy from this kid.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The comment section has a ton more: https://old.reddit.com/r/CuratedTumblr/comments/1chglnd/kids_these_days/

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 22:08 on May 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
I choose to believe that the three‐year‐old pronounced “cephalopod” in the Greek, beginning with a ‘k’ sound.