Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.

Arschlochkind posted:

My mom brought home a stack of acrostic poetry done by 4th graders at her school. They were told to pick some kind of theme related to Thanksgiving and draw a picture at the bottom, and the vast majority of them were about what you'd expect for 8- and 9-year-olds. Out of maybe 100 papers I looked at, 3 or 4 chose "God" as their word. I get the feeling that a couple of them picked God for the same reasons the handful of "Ham" kids did - it's a short word so they had less to write. One of them actually had some thought put into it.

And then there was the GOD poem. The GOD poem.

At the bottom the kid crudely drew what appeared to be a beam of holy light coming down from between two banks of dark storm clouds, with bolts of lightning shooting from them.

Here is the entire text of the GOD poem:

code:
GOD

Good
Olive
Dumplings
I almost died laughing when I hit that in the middle of all the generic "Turkey" and "Pumpkin Pie" poems about family and eating and football. And no, "olive dumplings" are not a thing as far as I am aware, at least not down here. Those are separate thoughts, like the other poems. ...I think.

So are you gonna hang it on your fridge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
I hear this story a lot. Apparently, while I was like three or something, my mom was giving a ride to a couple of friends of hers, and I just gave her the most judgemental look and said, "Do I have to sit with that man?"

In my defense, he had a beard.