Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
Yesterday at work (I work in a supermarket) I hear the following exchange between a mother and her 6/7 year old daughter:

:): Honey, would you like to pick up some prunes for morning tea snacks at school?
:byodood:: NO! I HATE THEM! HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM!
*after a fairly long pause; starts spinning in circles speaking to nobody in particular*
:byodood: And by the way I've never tried them but I know I hate them!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!
We have super cheap $19 cellphones for sale at the supermarket I work at. A family with two children come into my aisle and the younger boy (about 6?) is complaining to his dad, annoyed that his older sister got a phone.

:mad:: Why does [sister's name] get a phone? Can I have one?

:geno:: No, it's another $20.

:mad:: No it's not, it's $19!

:geno:: You're not getting a phone today.

:mad:: Who died...who died and let you make the rules?

Sorry kid, no phone for you.

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Florida Betty posted:

I teach an ESL class a couple nights a week, and sometimes people bring their kids along. One girl came up to me before class and we had this conversation:

Her: Is your mom dead yet?
Me: No, she's still alive.
Her: You're going to be really sad when she dies. You're going to cry for days and weeks and months.
Me: Yes, definitely.
Her: She's probably going to die soon.

I think I need to call my mom.

My grandma passed away when I was about 6, and a while after her funeral we were at my aunt's house for lunch. Apparently I turned to my dad and said, "do you think gran is a skeleton yet?"

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

My boss's five year old daughter is obsessed with presidents, for some reason. Makes him read her encyclopedia entries about them in lieu of bedtime stories, has a poster of all of them on her wall, etc. Last Christmas, he told her they were going to watch the Garfield special, one of his childhood favorites, and she got really excited. After a few minutes, she got really pouty and told him to turn it off. When he asked why, she replied, very accusingly:

"You told me this was about President Garfield, and it's just about an orange cat :mad:"

Sounds like the sweet girl who was on Ellen a little while ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFismjYRcRM

Seems like these two would be the best of friends :3:

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

I couldn't say "l" sounds for years when I was younger.

On pain:
"Ouch! I hurt my yeg."

Hearing a siren:
"Oh yisten! It's the poyice!"