Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My friend's five year old daughter is obsessed with US presidents. It's really odd, but adorable. She will happily list facts about them like other kids talk about Pokemon or whatever.

He once told her that he rented one of the Garfield movies for her, and she got really excited. After about ten minutes of the movie, she turned to him with tears in her eyes, and said "you told me this movie was about Garfield, but it's just about a talking cat!". She refused to watch the rest of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My birthday's December 19th. My folks always made it special when I was a kid, but it sucked when I was in college. I had precisely one friend who was still in town on my 21st

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I was just texting with a friend of mine who lives in Boston, because I haven't heard from him in a while and was kind of concerned that he'd succumbed to the terrible winter they're having. I made the comment that his two and a half year old has probably forgotten what grass looks like. My friend texted back that the kid throws daily tantrums where he screams "SNOW ISN'T FUN WHEN IT'S OVER YOUR HEADDDD!!!!!" at the top of his lungs.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

This isn't really something a kid said, but I thought it was pretty cute. I was at the farmer's market yesterday, and one of the vendors, who was selling goat cheese, had brought a couple of adorable little goats (which I must say, is extremely effective marketing. I don't even like goat cheese that much, but I felt compelled to buy some after petting one of those little guys :3:). While I was at the stand, a couple came by with their baby girl. For whatever reason, the little girl thought the goats were the most HILARIOUS thing she had ever seen in her life. She was pointing at them, throwing back her head and just howling with laughter, despite the fact that they weren't really doing anything except standing around being goats. Like, I seriously don't remember the last time I found anything as funny as that baby found those goats. She was still there, just cackling away, when I walked by again about five minutes later. The goats were beginning to look a little self-conscious.

Kids and kids are a pretty fun combination, I guess.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My boss's five year old daughter is obsessed with presidents, for some reason. Makes him read her encyclopedia entries about them in lieu of bedtime stories, has a poster of all of them on her wall, etc. Last Christmas, he told her they were going to watch the Garfield special, one of his childhood favorites, and she got really excited. After a few minutes, she got really pouty and told him to turn it off. When he asked why, she replied, very accusingly:

"You told me this was about President Garfield, and it's just about an orange cat :mad:"

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I are visiting some friends in about a month. Their three year old is very excited about it, despite not having seen us since he was tiny. Apparently he's been asking every day when "Auntie Spider and Uncle Bug" are going to get there.

*my name sounds nothing like spider, but my boyfriend's name rhymes with bug. I think the kid just remembered that those two things kinda go together :3:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My parents allowed me to pick names for our goldfish when I was three or so. I went with Mindu-sindu-gindu-can-can and Sixteen. Despite this, I was also allowed to name the cat, but I went with the surprisingly dull Mary for her.

Anyway, I'm going out of town to visit friends this week. I texted my friend asking what his son is into, because I want to be the cool aunt and bring him a cool gift. Apparently he's into "Trucks, trains, dinosaurs, checking people's butts for poopies, puzzles, smothering cats, "accidentally" kicking men in the nuts, and pepperoni." I think I'll probably just get him a cool book about dinosaurs, but I am entertaining the idea of just kicking my friend in the nuts repeatedly in order to win the kid over. This is going to be a fun vacation.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Oct 6, 2015

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I spent most of the last week with my friends and their insanely energetic and friendly three year old. Whenever we were planning on heading out somewhere and the adults were drafting their feet, the kid would run around the house screaming "Let's go, let's go! It's the hour! IT'S THE HOUR!"

He also decided that the pony he rode on at the fair was named Karen, and the dragon hand puppet I bought him was named Timmy. Once he figured out how to work Timmy's mouth, he used it to bite our fingers and laughed hysterically when we pretended to cry out in pain.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Nope, only English. His parents have no idea where it came from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Rihanna for president. Either the kid or the singer will do, I'm not picky.