Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Gravel-voiced little girl at an aquarium, in the most stereotypical Boston accent you can imagine: "HEY, MA! I WANNA SEE THE SHAHKS!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My coworker's 5 year-old paid us a visit and was telling us how much she wants a flying lion. She'd ride it to school, because there are so many stoplights and she could just fly right over them. But you can't ride it if it's not trained. She also left a drawing in the break room that has... I'm not sure if it's the flying lion's face or the sun, another face with angry eyebrows, a bunch of people that she told me were fairies, and on the right she wrote:

I FOOD
YUM YUM

I LOVE FOOD
YUM YUM

Edit: She's back, and the face is indeed the sun, and the angry eyebrows guy is the moon, who is "angry 'cause he's sad." Also one of the fairies is an "ancient butterfly queen" who "nobody has seen, except in ancient times." She explained this while alternately eating tortilla chips and taking sips out of a little cup of nacho cheese.

Rollersnake has a new favorite as of 00:55 on Apr 11, 2019

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
I wouldn't be surprised to find recordings of train noises buried in the SMiLE sessions somewhere.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
My father-in-law says to his dog, who's getting in the way of his motorized wheelchair: "You'd better watch out, or you're going to be roadkill!" And my 10-month old yells out, "ROKILL!"

Only really funny in that it's one of his first words beyond mama and dada, but still.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
My kid's started blending words he knows to create new sounds, which is really cool, but the words he chose for this were "dad" and "kick." So the other day he was babbling kick, kick, kick, dad, dad, dad, dit, dit, dit, dick, dick, dick... He liked that last one so much he's started substituting it for "kick"—which he seems to understand as the thing being kicked rather than the act of kicking.

So, yeah, now he refers to balls as dicks.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
"The Farmer's Lament" as my wife is calling it: my 11 month-old has started repeating "E-I-E-I-O" when you sing Old MacDonald to him, and he does it even when he's crying and throwing a fit. I guess it doesn't really come across in text, but it's one of the funniest loving things I've ever heard.

:cry: E.. I... E I... O...

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Update on the 1 year-old: still says dick, instead of kick, instead of ball. His favorite word is "kittycat," which he uses to refer to cats, but also just says sometimes when he's happy about something.

He was really excited about a ball the other day, and that translated to: "KITTYCAT! Dick dick... dick..."

Life is ridiculous.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
presenting my 3 year-old's masterpiece, "a woman falling down to the ground from the stinky wind, but her shoes help her float""

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
:v: "Hey, Dad, I'm gonna tell you a thing that's funny, but also stinky... STINKY BUTT!!!"

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
My 4 year-old, watching one of those inflatable wiggly guys at a used car lot: "What does it WANT?"

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
My mom is EXTREMELY house-proud, and make the mistake of asking my 4-year old if he liked her house.

Kid: "Not really. I kind of like the outside, I guess."
My wife (trying to soften the blow): "But doesn't Granny have lots of cool things in her house?"
Kid: "Where?"

He also yelled "HI, FARTBUTT!!!" at me when my wife was picking me up from work yesterday, but I strongly suspect that may have been her idea.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
Kid: (singing) M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-C!
Wife: It's M-O-U-S-E, you know. If it were C, his name would be Mousc.
Kid: Actually, my brother's name is Mousc. My littlest brother.
Wife: Uh huh.
Kid: You know, (cousin's name) is my sister!
Wife: I thought she was your cousin?
Kid: She's BOTH!

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
(I start playing an album to listen to with my 4 year-old. There's audience noise, and chatter from the band.)

Kid: Oh, I don't want to listen to this.

Me: Just wait a minute, they haven't started yet. This is a real concert. It's live music.

Kid: I want to listen to dead music.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
After listening to Talking Heads, he declared that he has a band named Yelling Butts. And then yesterday was Drumming Penis.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
4 year-old, yelling in frustration: "I CAN'T TAKE HANDLE OF IT!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
"Mom, pretend that my butt doesn't stink, or have a bruise on it, and that I'm a Pikachu."

"Maybe there's someone out there stealing a stick right now. Or a computer game. Or a bow tie."

(Mr. Vain by Culture Beat starts playing) "I like this song! It makes me want to make my booty wiggle."