Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard
I have two daughters, one biological, one adopted. They are roughly the same age. The adopted daughter we took possession of when she was 3 through the Foster program, and finalized the adoption right before her fourth birthday. So she is aware she is adopted, she remembers her biological parents all that good stuff. Later that year, both girls are four, She asks some questions and the wife and I go through our prepared responses "you have two mommies and two daddies, blah blah this is what adopted means." Everything seems to be going great when our biological daughter starts crying. "Whats wrong?"

Her response? "I wanna be e-dopted!" she bellows through her tears. So we go on explaining that if she were adopted she wouldn't get to live with us anymore. "I want grandmum to e-dopt me" She bawled and cried for 5 minutes or so that she wanted grandmum to adopt her. then she got over it and it was hunky dory time. weird-o.

Thankfully we captured it all on video because it was funny. My mom did not end up adopting her, she's stuck with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard

Bad Skeleton posted:

I was introducing my 6 year old cousin to Mario 3 and she was doing really well until she died and said "Oh no! I noodled it!"

I don't know if it's from a TV show or if she made it up, but it struck me as such a perfect way to express a minor screw-up that I've adopted it.

Mr Noodle is from Elmo's World, and he screws up everything.

My kids would rather see me die in a video game then succeed, when they see me play something it's always "you're going to die" then if I don't they try to urge me to die. "Jump over there, hit that thing", "No if I do that I will die", "I know... Doooooooo it." They are jerks.

Lap-Lem
Oct 21, 2005
Lap-Lem the Village Tard
I have two brothers, Middle Brother (MB) and Older Brother (OB). OB drives a new BMW, it is important to the story, and also gives you a good mental image of the type of guy we are dealing with.

So I am at my parents house with my brothers, we're just lounging about and chatting, when MBs son comes in and MB prompts him.

MB : What do we say about OB?
nephew : OB, you're a CHUMP!
OB : Oh yeah, well I have an awesome car. (Since we have to show up a 7 year old.)
nephew : Yeah? *pause* A CHUMP CAR!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. High fives all around.