Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sponch
Jun 4, 2006

i dunno lol
I nanny two girls, aged seven and four, who are ridiculously smart and nerdy for their age.

I was taking the four year old out, and she had on this ridiculously sparkly pink tiara she likes to wear. An older lady stopped us and went "Oh look at the little princess!", to which she responded

"NO I AM THE RAT-PRINCESS-ASTRONAUT" <:mad:>

A couple days ago, I wore a shirt to work with Princess Zelda on it. The seven year old asked me who the lady on my shirt was.

Me: That's Princess Zelda. She's my favorite princess because she's smart and brave, and really cool.

7yo: Not as cool as Queen Elizabeth I :colbert:

I have a little RC robot I built as a prop for a comedy thing I'm involved with, which both girls absolutely adore. The four year old, so much so, that he's become her imaginary friend. Whenever we're driving in the car she tells me about how he's followed us and what he's doing.

:3: SPONCH! SPONCH! SCAFFY'S IN SPACE!!!!
:): Oh, he is? I wonder how he got out there...
:3: HE'S STICKING HIS HEAD IN A BLACK HOLE!!!
:): In a black hole? He won't be sticking his head back out any time soon, will he?
:3: NO HE'S GOING TO BE SUCKED IN BY GRAVITY AND BE RIPPED APART INTO ALL HIS INDIVIDUAL ATOMS!!!
:): Well, that's what happens when you go around sticking your head into black holes.

One time she drew me a picture of him throwing the Earth into an active volcano on Mars :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponch
Jun 4, 2006

i dunno lol
:keke:"LOOK SPONCH I CAN WINK WITH BOTH EYES!!!"
:raise: "You mean blinking?"
:keke: "Oh..."

Sponch
Jun 4, 2006

i dunno lol
The younger kid was really intent on scaring me at work one day, and decided to tell me a scary story, but that I should be ready for nightmares because it's REALLY SCARY.

"Ok, once, there was a monster. Then, an EVEN BIGGER MONSTER came and ate him. Then, an EVEN BIGGER MONSTER came and ate HIM. Then a shark came and ate HIM. And then a whale came and ate the shark. Then a GIANT PENGUIN AS BIG AS THIS HOUSE ate the whale. The end."

:ohdear:

Sponch
Jun 4, 2006

i dunno lol
The older kid I nanny is REALLY into Greek mythology right now. She asked me who my favorite Greek goddess was and I told her Artemis, so now she likes to pretend to be Artemis :kimchi:

:3:: Remember when I turned that guy Acon into a stag?
:): You mean Acteon?
:3:: Yeah, whatever. He's a stag now so who cares?

:iceburn:

Sponch
Jun 4, 2006

i dunno lol
The kids I watch had a friend over, who was completely fascinated by their pomegranate tree, as she'd never had one before. A few of them were ripe, so I offered to cut one up for a snack for them so she could try it. She stuck to me like glue as I opened it up, and whispered, full of wonder:

"Pomegwanites look like wed, wed woobies." :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponch
Jun 4, 2006

i dunno lol
The baby I watch is really into looking at her baby animal book while she points to the various farm animals and makes the corresponding sound. One day she brought over her big brother's Zombie Survival Guide book, pointed to the zombie on the cover, and went "UUUUUUUUUURGGGHGHGHGGHH!"

Yes, kiddo, that IS what the zombie says :kimchi: