Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ultimateforce posted:

I have all kinds of new stuff because I hired my old manager at Mazworx! You are going to see some serious poo poo now.

Welp, see ya!
I can't remember, but is the manager the one who had you making supply carts and didn't know how to run things, or was that the owner of Mazworx (if that's a different person)?

Glad to see you doing well for yourself! Keep it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ultimateforce posted:

W124: Sold
S13: Sold

SN95: Parts ordered to get it running
SF5: Running great

D21: Back in the mix

Feels good, man.

On a side note, these high payments are paying off. I am in the last year of student loan payments. :getin:
One of the best posts in this thread.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
When payroll checks start bouncing that's usually a good sign your employer isn't going to be around much longer, unfortunately. Have your vendors been getting paid?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ultimateforce posted:

This is one of the last manifolds I made at the old shop.

I don't know poo poo about welding, but comparing that to the one the new guy is making is night and day.

Also, whoever is taking their pictures now sucks.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Wrar posted:

I don't understand why you aren't making 100k+ welding in some oil field to save up for your shop.
He doesn't even have to move to Australia or Canada/North Dakota. If he moved to the Houston area there are plenty of oilfield welding jobs. Granted, Houston's probably not much of an upgrade, if it even is, to South/Central Florida.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

He would not, could not. Surely you jest!

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
It even has the right haircut.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Will you post a breakdown like that of when you worked at RAW?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
Congrats, man. Glad to see that you stuck out the job even though it seemed like you got off to a rough start. Things are starting to go your way, keep it up.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ultimateforce posted:

How to ruin your car:
- Pull factory open differential.
- Dump the fluid in to old coffee can.
- Spray the gears and housing with brake cleaner.
- Dump whatever comes out also into coffee can.
- Weld all around the middle gears. gently caress them up really bad.
- Dump whatever stuff is in the coffee can back into the diff, reuse the factory gasket.
- GO DRIFTING.

I love it.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
I'd also consider swapping the position of education entries. I know when I'm looking at resumes, I want to see what's relevant first.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

kastein posted:

Also is the debt involved out-of-statute and can you gently caress them over hard for this?

IANAL and it is a different state, but I had one account that a similar thing happened to. After 7 years, a debt is supposed to be written off and removed from record, but if it's sold to another party, that time is reset. At least that's what I found when doing some research.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

ultimateforce posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gunI_vbCivo

Got a call back for a job interview making another $30k a year.

Good luck, UF!

• Locked thread