Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Do we know if Gundaminfo'll be uploading subbed episodes of GBF like they did with Seed and Destiny HD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I totally agree with that, we just need either Funimation or Sentai to get off their asses and start talking with Sunrise again.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

This may be one of my favorite things to happen to a series in a while. I'm all for super dramatic stories and explorations of a person's inner psyche or whatever, but there are times when I really want something nonsensical and entertaining. This show does just that.
Also Ramba Ral! :allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Mister Olympus posted:

He asks every day if they have any Doms in yet.

HE WILL NEVER GET ANY DOMS.

Or better yet, every time he's about to the kid with the Gyan smacks it out of his hands.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

They managed to get SD Three Kingdoms in there, I'm more wondering how they'd work it into Dynasty Warriors Gundam, even if it is just Build Strike and Zaku Amazing.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TNG posted:

The Ide is what powers the little wish stone, which uses technology provided by The Innocent, and sold to Reiji by Amandara Kamandara.

And the Gunpla tournaments exist to find new Grand Cher pilots for Orphan.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Let's just be glad we didn't get something from a Filipino modeler.

If you're curious, that thing used to be the Sazabi.

It's like Warhammer 40k vomited all over Char's Counterattack. Instead of space Nazis there's just green idiots piloting the Geara Dogas.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Maybe it's a tease for a future tag-team tourney arc?

Makes sense, if it goes that way, then it'll let Sei learn to pilot and Reiji will learn to build models. Then it'll culminate in them facing each other in the finals of the world tournament. End with a fade to white and an epilogue that shows Sei and Reiji as adults building mobile suits. Unless the whole "Reiji's an alien" thing really starts sends things off the rails.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

Are there two dudes out there finally answering the Goku vs Superman question?

Entirely possible, I mean there is a MG Goku out there now.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

With each passing episode I'm becoming happier that I'm waiting for the Master Grade for the Build Strike, mostly because of how many off the cuff weapon upgrades Sei's been giving it. Hopefully by the time he does a full suit upgrade it'll be something on the level of the IWSP Strike pack.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I just noticed that there's an SD Knight Gundam in the opening when the Build Strike flies by everything and its cousin. This may be the best thing ever if there's an episode where Sei and Reiji have to fight a horde of SD kits.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

Was Mao humming the first OP for Gundam X while cleaning up the graffiti?

That he was, it was my favorite part of the episode, though I think I'm in the minority who likes Resolution better.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That's it, final battle of the series is going to be Sei's dad with a customized Turn A!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

This made me laugh a lot more than it should have.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

But if you get the MG you might not get the wacky as hell support pack!

I don't know what possible use a ring of prayer beads could serve, but I bet this show will make a good one. :allears:

From what I've read about the MG Build Strike and Build Mk-II they're both including their support packs so I think it's a pretty reasonable assumption that they'll include the expansions for all the Build Fighters MGs.

This... this goddamn show man. I'm already super invested in like 3 character arcs now they have to go and introduce both Nils and Aila, both piloting my 2 favorite mobile suits in the franchise, the Astray and Qubeley.
And yet I'm still super goddamn excited for next week's Beargguy vs. SD Knight Gundam fight:allears:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Reiji's race shows up and gets pissed as hell at us. "We gave you technology to help advance civilization and cure sickness, you are using it for children's modeling toys!" Yes they're all speaking in thick Swiss accents, why do you ask?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Shazaminator posted:

Yeah right. I'm betting we'll see him with a new gunpla before long.

Hey, that doesn't have nearly enough shields for Sazaki's fighting style. The boy needs enough of the suckers that a Roman phalanx would look at it and go "drat dude, ease up on the protection."

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Has there even been a Qubeley pilot who wasn't a woman? It's all Purus and Haman IIRC.

Yeah, they're always piloted by women, which makes sense considering it's named after Cybele, the Greek goddess of nature.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

MechaCrash posted:

You forgot "exists to dock with the male character's rear end."

I always knew Allelujah was into weird poo poo like that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

How the hell does this show stay so amazing like this?! I keep thinking "Goddamn the tournament's going to be a step down from these preparation episodes" then I see drunk Fellini geeking out about 08th MS Team and my expectations get surpassed every drat time!
Finally time for the Meteor Hopper to shine next episode!

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Dec 9, 2013

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Would SD Gundams be the Oompa Loompas?

Sazaki gets locked on a channel that only shows Gundam AGE. Kirara would be thrown down the garbage chute by a small army of Acsquirrels.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Gammatron 64 posted:

The 1/12 Gundam is almost as big as a man. If this is the case, I think we all know what's going to come alive at the end of the series.

I want to see Sei and Reji controlling the 1/1 Gundam with an NES advantage controller while they listen to Jackie Wilson.

Replace Jackie Wilson with Tobe! Gundam and you have a deal.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Level Slide posted:

From one of the animation director's Twitter.
Is that China and Sazaki with Meijin's glasses? If so that's adorable and hilarious, respectively.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Zedd posted:

According to some summary leaks he might show up soon

Probably to cheer up Sei, who's not taking to the loss too well.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

So it's confirmed to be a 20-ish episode count?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

The funny thing is that Nils is super-weeaboo, too, but he doesn't give a crap about Gundam. I guess he takes Inu Yasha or something way too seriously.

He walks into a hobby shop and asks which Gundam can use the Wind Scar and the slightly confused clerk points him towards the Astray Red Frame.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Blackchamber posted:

But no hate for Aila's no effort matches? Fickle crowd.

The other thing is if Fellini threw the match figuring he'd just fight Reiji later when it mattered, and Reiji (plot armor aside) lost to someone else and was eliminated they wouldn't have gone head to head at all in the tournament leaving unfinished business between them.

Nah, Aila's matches are like halftime, it's when everyone goes to the bathroom, gets some overpriced food and beer. I'm actually hoping for any of the primary characters to fight Aila soon so we can actually have a fight that's longer than "The gently caress?!" (explosion) and a shot of Qubeley Papillion with its hand on its hip.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

Exia was such a good base for an amazing custom, and what we got was something even a 12 year-old would think was dumb. It's even red and black! So cool, right guys?

:ughh:

Wait if it's actually piloted by Mashita it makes perfect sense! Mashita is the biggest manchild in the series so naturally he gets the suit with the "edgiest" color scheme!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sonata Mused posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - We Can Build It Better, Faster, More Amazing

Gotta support this one.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Schneider Heim posted:

Has there been a pilot named for Miss Sazabi yet?

Nothing yet, personally think it's Mashita's secretary but who knows with this show.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Sei's dad showing up at the closed shop post credits was the greatest drat thing! I need to start doing the clipper trick on my stuff... I still clip as close as possible because I'm a bit of a doofus like that.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kurieg posted:

Was Sei's mom singing INVOKE while she was packing?

Also: Sei's Dad masquerading as a magical Gunpla hobo was hilarious.

It totally was, even better considering she's voiced by Murrue!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pimpmust posted:

Rest of the series? She'd be dead by like the end of the episode and banished to the Newtype Ghost dimension.

This is true, any other series would do the whole awkward tsundere thing for 3, maybe 4 episodes then she'd get killed off by some random guy to piss off Reiji, probably Gunpla Mafia man

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

No no no, Sei would trip and accidentally gut her with a hobby knife. :v:

Aila was 15! She loved Japanese food!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

I honestly have to wonder at the thought process behind giving Yuuki spanish guitars as part of his theme. Definitely not complaining though.

Common misconception about bullfighters waving red cloth about. Bullfighters are frequently associated with Spain. Bam, thought process found!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Kanos posted:

I'm so happy that this show rewarded all of my faith in the writers since the thread had that big argument over whether or not China and Kirara were sexist characters way back when the series was just starting. It could have easily gone the other way.

Also some people argued it couldn't be as amazing as G Gundam because it's not as deep and self aware, and I like to think that the show's proven that point wrong multiple times over.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Faltion posted:

Really not disappointed in seeing Luang crushed so easily since I thought he was one of the least developed and least interesting characters.

Was really expecting there to be an scene where the the Gundam X Maoh and Build Strike floated in space with the pilots exchanging last words before the X, sparking dangerously, exploded in typical Gundam fashion. The lack of a scene was kind of a cop out in my opinion. Was my favorite episode so far though.

While a slow acoustic version of either Imagination>Reality or Half Pants Spirit plays in the background. I have a tear in my eye just thinking about it...

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Was this the first time they used the RG system and Sei didn't have to rebuild the entire unit afterwards?

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Randomzx posted:

How is it going against the spirit of the game when Funnels and other remote weapons exist? Not to mention Sei and Reiji also used wire triggered beam backback to launch a flanking attack against the Wing Gundam. The zeon soldiers are just glorified missile/seeker-mine.

But funnels and the like are actually a part of the machine, whereas a squadron of dudes running around sticking C4 on stuff just feels cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Typical Feddie scum, always underestimating the strength and character of the average Zeon soldier.

Also my local comic shop has started selling gunpla of all grades and basically said they'll order everything I need for the kitbash of my dreams. I'm trying to save money but the siren call of Gunpla has taken my heart :negative:

Typical dirty Zeke, always using underhanded tricks instead of true skill! :v:

• Locked thread