Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I am genuinely excited about this show. Gunpla Builders was one of the best things to come out of Gundam in the past few years so if this show can match its tone I'll be completely satisfied. The mobile suits seem to be a healthy mix between old rarely seen favorites like SUMO and Gundam X and crazy custom jobs like the shoulder arm Astray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ramba Ral is in this show. If it keeps things up this show might turn into one of my favorite Gundam shows.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Endorph posted:

Not to mention the dude wrote 00, which didn't exactly take pains to distance itself from SEED thematically.

I thought that the idea that conflict needed to be used to bring the world together was pretty far from SEED's constant pacifism talk.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

So what are the chances that this show will pull a G Gundam and have the tournament fighting fade into the background at a certain point? Some of the stuff with Reiji makes it seem like he might not exactly be from this planet.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caros posted:

It'll probably have a harder time doing that than G-gundam unless they end up going Yugioh style shadow games.

I was thinking maybe some kind of Last Starfighter scenario. It seems like the kind of wish fulfillment thing kids would like.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Is that a Gundamtank I see there?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really like this show. The fact that they made a character named the crimson comet and who has a red zaku not wear a mask says some good things about the writers. Ramba Ral showing up at the school to explain things was beautiful.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

After three episodes I'm 90% sure this show was not made to sell gunpla but to show that Ramba Ral is the greatest gundam character.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm ready to find out Reiji is from Byston Well and gritty war is hell part of the show to start.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The La Vie en Rose Garden! These people know what true comedy is.

Next week is Bearguy vs. SD gundam. Can't wait.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I don't think the female fans that SEED had were super interested in seeing female characters. That is like saying Wing had a lot of female fans because Relena was such a strong roll model.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really hope that in the last few episodes when all hope to win the tournament seems lost a Gyan swoops in to save the day. I also hope there is a team that only uses mass produced Big Zam.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Which is really weird in universe because isn't having limbs what makes mobile suits so good in space? Something about it helps them control themselves a lot better then a space jet would.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm really waiting for Sei's dad to show up. You would think he would call or something to wish his son good luck. Before Yuki became the masked man I hoped that the role would be taken my Sei's dad but still be super obvious.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

TARDISman posted:

Replace Jackie Wilson with Tobe! Gundam and you have a deal.

If the final battle of this show has Tobe! Gundam playing while the 1/1 Gundam comes alive to save the world this will become the greatest of all past and future Gundam shows.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I've been praying for this ever since the show started. Or maybe a reveal of his Dad's ace status being due to his liberal abuse of all of RX-78's gimmicky weapons. :swoon:

His secret weapon is the beam javelin.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This episode had the greatest suit from G Gundam Nether Gundam in what might be the greatest reference to European literature ever made in anime.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

They even acknowledged in the show that it was like something out of anime or manga.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It wasn't really racist it just had extreme cultural stereotypes.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

Zebra Gundam was kind of racist. :/

The Kenyan flag has a shield and spears on it so it kind of makes sense.

Edit: Oh no what have I done.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 26, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Gundam Build Fighter - Watch If You Liked G Gundam

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It this show doesn't have a shining finger or school of the undefeated of the east speech I will flip a table. Sei and his dad having a choreographed undefeated builders of the east moment is all I want.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Now I really want to see a Gunpla journalist using the Astray Outframe and a little guy comes out the back to take pictures.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I really hope they get to use the Absorb Shield again someday. Nils appears to have no beam weapons at all, and the Kampfer Amazing is full to the brim with solid weapons. So I guess maybe against Aila?

We still haven't seen the aquatic power and if we miss it I'm going to be upset.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

tsob posted:

Zaku Amazing would be trash next to the Star Build Strike though. I mean, Yuuki's a good builder, but he wasn't quite on Sei's level even back at the start of the show and Sei has improved a lot in the meantime. It would also make Allan useless if Yuuki were to build his own suit, rather than have Allan build him a new one. And while there's nothing the OP or ED to hint at a new suit, the new suits we've had from it so far have all been involved in filler episodes and not been nearly as evil as people assumed, so I can see them hiding the existence of one final upgrade for each from the OP personally. Maybe a Zaku III Amazing, a Sinanju Amazing or something?

How can you miss the obvious Zaku II Amazing joke.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

TARDISman posted:

Oh yeah, there's Generic Name and DARYL DODGE, PROUD TO BE A FLAG FIGHTER :patriot:

How dare you disrespect HOWARD MASOOOOOONN. The man who's death inspired a nation and began one man's obsession with Flags.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Level Slide posted:

If this ends with Sei and Reiji doing a Love Love Sekiha Tenkyouken, then GBF can do whatever the hell it wants. Or it could be Sei and China with Reiji being the projectile king.

The king is Reiji and Aila also doing a Love Love Sekiha Tenkyouken. Their king is Ramba Ral.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Caros posted:

I do have high hopes that this show will get a second season solely based off the fact that absolutely nothing has really been clarified about Reiji's origins as a magical dimension travelling genie prince. Perhaps its just wishful thinking, but it feels like there is a lot going on in the background that could lead to a second season.

I'm still pulling that it will be a crossover with Dunbine. I know where you are from Reiji.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

How has no one pointed put the track on the OST named "Meijin : The usual Flamenco at SIX times the Passion"? That is art.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Only on this very page. :/

drat my reading comprehension.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Part of me wishes that they announce that the last episode will be written and directed by Yoshiyuki Kill'Em All Tomino. It will be live action footage of him smashing gunpla with a hammer.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Nothing gets me more pumped up in a show as when a shows original theme song plays during the big climactic moment.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Mar 24, 2014

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm not sure how they decided on Ramba Ral for this show but I'm so glad they did. He is just perfect.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I enjoyed this show from start to finish. It was nice to see a Gundam show that was just willing to have fun with the franchise. The next show in the pipeline is Tomino directed so if it can even come close to Turn A we will be in a new golden age for Gundam with two legitimately good shows back to back.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Probably Gunpla Shingyo School like the last couple of times he did that.

Speaking of Chinan, it's a total shame his custom Master and Takeshi's Perfect Gundam didn't get a bio on the main page. Though at least we got Ral's Gouf R35.

I'm going to assume it's called that because it's his 35th Gouf.

EDIT: Beaten.

I love that Ral's Gouf has machine gun hands on top of his regular hands.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I admit I'd lose all real interest in BF if it got Serious Business. I really don't want it to go full "we're going to use this Gundam X to ASSASSINATE THE PRESIDENT' stuff.

But that is where Gunpla Detective Takeshi Iori comes in and saves the day by releasing a balloon that blocks the moon and disables the satellite cannon. Also the Gundam X would be operated by Golgo 13 and its cannon would be shaped like an M-16.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Don't mess this up Bandai.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

TARDISman posted:

The three Egyptian God Gundams.

So would would those be three God Gundams that have been customized to look like the cards from Yugioh?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

This really needs to be about new characters or Sei and the crew experiencing some sort of wacky adventure. If this is just about Sei in another world championship they have already messed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Six seasons and a movie.

• Locked thread