Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Monaghan posted:

As for cameos If you look closely you can see a genderbent heero and sarah.

When? Cause that sounds kind of hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I still think the dumbest thing was the sprew they sent to the kid made entirely of clear plastic, because "He'll have to paint them white and this will teach him the glory of gunpla."

When I was that kids age I would have been "Wait, this thing gets glowing energy fins? Sweet!"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Gundam Build Fighters - Screw the rules, I have Plavsky!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Was Sei's mom singing INVOKE while she was packing?

Also: Sei's Dad masquerading as a magical Gunpla hobo was hilarious.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Caros posted:

Well it depends on the series, Flay had a pretty decent run before her murder, as have some of the unicorn girls. If this was Victory she'd be dead, along with two other vaugely related female pilots.

We should hope she doesn't take after Flay, then she'd be sleeping with Reiji and trying to manipulate him into murdering the chairman and everyone else who's ever slighted her.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Shinjobi posted:

A friend of mine absolutely refuses to watch this show, citing that he can't stand how it's nothing more than a gigantic billboard screaming "BUY GUNPLA."

He fails to see that in the show being so upfront and honest about its aims from the get go, it has more time to actually put together a fun show. He's missing out, I'm having a blast, this show is awesome.

I just had this discussion with a friend of mine, his response was "It's like kiddy Megaman Battle Network crossed with Gundam and not in the good way"

Even the Fenice vs Build Strike fight was not enough to convince him.

Some people hate fun I guess v:confused:v

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'm slightly disappointed that Mao didn't Show up with some Gundam X Maoh/Remius abomination and fight with that. But the Maoh sword is okay I guess.

Looks like Nils is finally getting gunpla, though.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Crowetron posted:

He forgot the important middle step of wearing a big goofy mask while fighting.

I don't know, those sunglasses have ridiculous enough arms that it might count as a mask

FortMax posted:

HA!

I like the Master's taste.
So I know they're parodying G-Gundam but what does this say exactly?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Dear lord, what is the smallest amount of plastic that can theoretically be controlled by the plavsky system? Other than going against the spirit of the game, what's to prevent someone from making a Gundam filled with tiny dudes with monofilament wire, or like 30 nukes?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zedd posted:

That freezeframe previeuw image is straight out of Gurren Lagann:kamina: (or what GL took it from i guess)

The music that played at the beginning of the fight was :kamina: as hell too, had to do a doubletake to make sure it wasn't actually TTGL music.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Here is said movie, complete with gag-sub.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It probably helps that they're pulling more from Allenby than anyone from AGE or UC for Ai[l|n]a's character. I'm laying good odds that she's going to break through the embody system next episode with hot-blooded fighting spirit.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well, I don't have a younger form, so I'm just a pair of glasses here.

HOLOGRAM

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I wonder if at this point Sei just has a case full of rifles/shields/railguns back at the hotel room so he can swap them out after every fight, because they appear to be made out of the same stuff they used to make Leos.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I lost it when Ral slid into frame with disapproving glowing eyes.

I'm also glad that Al, Bernie, and Chris have found peace in Gundam Valhalla

BlitzBlast posted:

Is this something from G?

It's Master Asia's King of Heart Gundam, hence the pose. It wasn't used in the series at all and I'm fairly sure it never got a figure.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

edit: nevermind.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

TARDISman posted:

Something tells me that Mashita's own assessment as a criminal is considerably higher than it really is. He's expecting Reiji, the prince of Arian to recognize him, but for all we know he's just some guy who stole the planet's equivalent of an air conditioner.

I'm beginning to think that's exactly the case. Reiji was probably like, two, when he was exiled. He's already met him in person and has no idea who this guy is. If he had just left well enough alone and not kept meddling in things with his Arista Sei and Reiji would probably have never suspected him of any wrongdoing or had reason to question his identity or motives.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Level Slide posted:

https://twitter.com/gojooni/status/448121986632265728

There needs to be more land battles in season 2 so I can see this beauty animated. There should also be a season 2 to have more land battles in.

This is basically Eureka Seven.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYzZ4gIt1uM
It's set in a world where the planet is covered in a transparent particle(not plavsky) that provides more lift than air alone, allowing for giant robots designed by old Californian surfer dudes to have ridiculous surfing air combat battles.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Mar 24, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Gammatron 64 posted:

We didn't see the giant Gundam and Zaku move, but we did get Ramba Ral in a Gouf and Mao's sensei in the Master Gundam and I pretty much lost it at that point.

Also, it looks like Reiji does indeed live on a space colony... that's definitely a cylinder.

I kinda want Build fighters season 2 now.

Hearing Mao scream "Shisho!" was quite possibly the best thing that could have happened.

And then He pulled out the loving Gundam face tornado and the Touhoufouhai kick.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

We got one already. It was in the same side material as the (Hyper) Zeta Fire.

That is an amazing looking suit. Hot drat.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Zedd posted:

:kamina: One model kit, Equal to the gods. :kamina:

The 1/144th scale Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann would still be bigger than our Solar System. I approve.

AradoBalanga posted:

It's a shame Mao doesn't have access to Trailblazer content because of the rights issues.

I would love to see Mao bullshit in some ELS madness.

How's Trailblazer still stuck in legal hell if S2 is fair game?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Just a 1/144th scale Char figure strapped with 5 GN Drives, a satellite cannon, Moonlight Butterfly, the V2's minovsky drive, and every single "Like a newtype but not" system that they've ever come up with(Trans Am, Seed mode, etc.)

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I would love to see the episode of build fighters S2 where someone cleans house with a modified* Cancer.
*The only modification is to give it legs, the more ridiculous the legs the better

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

The fact that they went with Build Burning Gundam rather than God Gundam threw me for a loop.

Did someone at Bandai realize that they were getting heavy hits on youtube stateside for this and changed the name to lessen confusion? That or they're going for a more fire themed thing so the name change was intentional.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

It would be amazing if not!Reiji was from America originally, but still a fan of the series, then they could make tons of localization jokes :allears:

Yeah that's the God Gundam's chestpiece and head crest. It just looks really odd without the core booster backpack and the wristguards.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

You know what I want? Since the GBF-verse is Gundam Valhalla at all, I really want Fumina to meet Treize at some point, possibly by the time she'd need to upgrade her Gunpla.

All just so Treize tells her she's wrong for calling something a "Winning Gundam", and she should strive to be not a winner, but a loser.

And so, Fumina's upgrade appears: The Losing Gundam.

And then Wufei shows up and claims that he has discovered the true meaning of justice. His New Altron/Infinite Justice kitbash.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

In UC everything from F91 on is 15 meters because apparently the F91 and the related suits represented an industrial revolution or something.
e:

ImpAtom posted:

They stayed small. The high point of UC size was the CCA/Hathaway's Flash suits. After that beam weaponry became so powerful for its size that having a small and agile mobile suit was more effective than a bigger or heavily armored one.
Well, Unicorn Destroy is 22 meters tall, same with banshee norn. Still shrimpy next to the Xi. but bigger than the OG Gundam.

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Sep 17, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I thought it went CCA, Hathaway, Unicorn. My bad. :shobon:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Probably the worst part is that you know it's a generational show so it's not a question of if they'll get together. It's which one of the women will get chosen as the mother and moved permanently to the sidelines.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I'd love to see a heavily modified Destiny Gundam in the vein of the Sengoku Astray. Just give it an even bigger sword, sure, why not.

BlitzBlast posted:

Give me all of the Gundam X cameos. Like, literally all of them. Just an entire episode with all the grunts, all the Gundams, and a giant HEY GO BUY GUNDAM X MERCHANDISE sign.

I may or may not compromise with a DX Maoh Divider + Crossbone G-Falcon.

Full Armor ZZ or V2 Assault Buster would be nice too, just because I want to see them animated again.

You and I can be friends.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Pureauthor posted:

I want a Gundam to pilot another Gundam.

It's been done, though the 1/144th scale Gunpla of it would be 24 km tall.

e: I did the math wrong. it's Kilometers, not meters..

Kurieg fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Sep 19, 2014

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

That's just the Choginga Gurren Lagann, the TTGL would still be many times larger than the solar system at 1/144th scale.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Having someone drop their model and break it right before a match would be glorious (even better if it's a Leo (doubly great if the guy shows up towards the end of the series and is an absolute terror with it)). Just replace Gyan Kid with a Leo Kid, is what I'm saying.

He should start with jobbing in a Virgo II and he gets progressively more skilled as he moves down the OZ suit line until he beats the crap out of someone with a lovingly crafted Leo.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I thought you meant cloaked like "keeps it hidden under a cape at all times like a wandering swordsman". The reality is considerably less interesting.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

My FLGS actually used to stock gunpla model kits before Gundam SEED came out and his supplier stopped carrying them due to lack of interest.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Every interview I've seen suggests that it wasn't because of Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED just happened to hit when they were tired of trying. The big blame was on the G Gundam kits. Not because people didn't want G Gundam kits but because the G Gundam kits that were being made were poo poo like Zebra Gundam or Mummy Gundam, with the big-name protagonist Gundams people wanted being unavailable or only available in Battle Damaged format. They did the same with 0079 kits where you could get Random GM or whatever but not the Zaku or Gundam.

The toy boom with Gundam took off with Gundam Wing because they actually had the main Gundams available. You could buy any of the Wing boys suits in any format you liked. (And that is even why Battle Damaged took off because they could sell Wing Zero twice.) So they had the stupid idea that if they limited the availability of the popular suits and over-produced the unpopular suits, people would buy the unpopular suits AND the popular suits. Not only did they do this, they did this with G Gundam where you're far less likely to get people buying random mook suits because they look cool because... let's be honest, Zebra Gundam ain't selling poo poo to someone not buying it ironically.

That's odd because that's where I got my 1/60th scale non-battle-damaged God Gundam and Maxter

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

They did sell the protagonist stuff, it is just they massive underproduced it. Model kits also did slightly better in that regards than the actual toys but were understocked in general.

Yeah I remember the Target stores around here had tons of Mandala Gundams and whatever that one crazy ball they force Allenby to pilot was (Wendell?)

Probably because Bandai thought it'd be like Transformers and everyone would buy the 3rd redeco of the Scud gundam just so they could have the whole set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Well how else am I going to recreate doumon's training in the mountains without 350 DeathDark Army units?

• Locked thread