Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The Shield is rad bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Burning finger has a way better build up. That Music starts playing, the Burning/Shining go into its gently caress poo poo up mode, Domon starts yelling about love and anger, and then he crushes the gundams loving skull. It's metal as gently caress. Meanwhile the build strike makes its hand glow and then punches the enemy, boring as gently caress.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

If you decide to continue, I suggest going with Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket next to see the series at its absolute best.

And then G-Gundam for sweet 90s robot punching robot action.

Are you trying to kill him via mood whiplash?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

StrifeHira posted:

So, everyone, cameos/new suits you'd like to see in Try.

Gaia-Gear/Gunboy-Wilbur/GM-Gigantis team please. :v:

Baund Doc so it gets a model maybe.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I really doubt we'll see another Strike, considering we've gotten four variants of the drat thing in the past year. What I'd really like to see is a HGCE/HGBF Buster Gundam, and considering most of the G-Project Gundams have the same basic body, it isn't that far a stretch :pray:. And yes, I also want a Heavy Arms Custom (gotta go with at least the dual-wielded double-chainguns) that has as many missiles as possible, and then even more added on for fun.

Also I'm guessing the Mobile Armor fights are so they have an excuse to get them in as three-man-crewed single machines.

Make a Heavyarms custom in the vein of the sword calamity and give it no ranged options and some bigass swords.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Every interview I've seen suggests that it wasn't because of Gundam SEED, Gundam SEED just happened to hit when they were tired of trying. The big blame was on the G Gundam kits. Not because people didn't want G Gundam kits but because the G Gundam kits that were being made were poo poo like Zebra Gundam or Mummy Gundam, with the big-name protagonist Gundams people wanted being unavailable or only available in Battle Damaged format. They did the same with 0079 kits where you could get Random GM or whatever but not the Zaku or Gundam.

The toy boom with Gundam took off with Gundam Wing because they actually had the main Gundams available. You could buy any of the Wing boys suits in any format you liked. (And that is even why Battle Damaged took off because they could sell Wing Zero twice.) So they had the stupid idea that if they limited the availability of the popular suits and over-produced the unpopular suits, people would buy the unpopular suits AND the popular suits. Not only did they do this, they did this with G Gundam where you're far less likely to get people buying random mook suits because they look cool because... let's be honest, Zebra Gundam ain't selling poo poo to someone not buying it ironically.

I got the Zebra Gundam for Christmas one year.

Kurieg posted:

Yeah I remember the Target stores around here had tons of Mandala Gundams and whatever that one crazy ball they force Allenby to pilot was (Wendell?)

Probably because Bandai thought it'd be like Transformers and everyone would buy the 3rd redeco of the Scud gundam just so they could have the whole set.

I had both of those as well. If only my mom had kept buying me lovely gundams maybe gundam wouldn't be dead in the west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Raxivace posted:

:negative:

Oh wow I didn't realize he voiced Hideyoshi in Umineko.

And he was Kan Yu in VOTOMS.

• Locked thread