Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Level Slide posted:

Draw me like one of your Goufs.
Straight from the animation director's twitter.

I'm amazed he stopped to include a towel over Ramba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Sei's room is filled with SEED kits, so I doubt it. He's about the right age to have grown up with SEED as his first Gundam series too.
Then again, his dream sequence in the first episode had him launching from the Albion from 0083.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

I hope there's a water stage in the future, so we could get Kapools in.
Bring on the beach episode!

Oh, and the swimsuit fanservice can come along, I...guess? :shrug:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Valhawk posted:

I think it's probably significant that in the ending credits when everyone is in a gunpla costume Sei's in the Build Strike, and Reiji's in the Build Mk. II.
Maybe it's a tease for a future tag-team tourney arc?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Let's not forget that there's also a man who looks EXACTLY like Ramba Ral in this universe. Off-the-rails should be expected.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

There is a 100% chance there is going to be at least one major upgrade. The Strike and Mk.II are both "first-generation" robots from their respective series. Odds are extremely good we're going to see an upgraded Build for each. Build Zeta is unlikely (they're doing that in a sidestory manga already) but it could easily become Build Nu or Build ZZ or Build Unicorn or something. Strike will probably become Build Freedom or Build Akatsuki. (The latter of which already has a model.) You can expect them to stay in the UC/CE because UC/CE are the 'big sellers' so they're probably not going to end up with Build Exia or something like that.

If it goes long enough you can expect similar upgrades to the other characters, all of whom are also using first-generation MS as their build bases. Gundam XX Maou or Wing Zero Fenice or whatever.
But what would they use for the Sengoku Astray upgrade? Powered Red Frame? The Mars Jacket?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Demicol posted:

I can't get over Ailas last name, being from Finland my self, not to mention when they say it out loud. Is this how it feels whenever there's like German or some other popular country presented?

But it was still a really awesome episode, a bit sad the Tallgeese got destroyed so fast though. But the new Astray was cool.
As someone with a last name of Dutch origin, I understand how odd it sounded. Though, this WAS the first time the cast got to say Aila's full name, so there probably will be some smoothing of the edges in future episodes. Then again, this isn't 00, where everyone uses their full names left and right.

As for the episode:
La Vie En Rose Garden. Nice way to feature New York's own Madison Square Garden and work it into the wacky universe without having to pay royalties for using the original name. Very disappointed that neither of the announcers looked like Stalker (I'll let the Tomino lookalike slide). I will not give up hope on him making a cameo, goddamnit. :colbert:
Really do not like Aila's...."suit" thingie. We already have a Char, we don't need a second one running around. And it looks stupid. Also bummed we really didn't get to see Detonator QubeleyQubeley Papillion in action.
I can't wait for next week. China vs. SD Knight Gundam!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

An interesting reference some have noticed:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

After seeing this week's cliffhanger and the Gaw appearing, I am all ready for crazy stuff like someone using the Ra Calium or, to go even crazier, a model of Gigantis to appear.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I chuckled at how in this universe, Sunrise has even expanded into firearms manufacturing.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am surprised no one mentioned the best surprising part of the episode: Johnny Ridden got acknowledged in the same tier of pilots as Char and Gato.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

RentACop posted:

I can either admit I'm an idiot, or pretend like I thought it was an eight man all along.

So with 4, Luang, Mao, Aila, Meijin seems most likely to me. Of course that leaves Nils and the twins dangling
Except, Mao vs Sei/Reiji is going be episode 17, according to leaked spoilers for future episodes.

As for today's episode, I went into this thinking that Yuuichi Nakamura would engage full-throttle ham during the fight. I was not expecting a heartfelt glimpse into the deep bond he has with Wing Fenice. Definitely a good surprise.

Also, the cameos continue. Gyunei got rocked by Aila, and then Garma and (some) of the Zabi family cameoed in the bar.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Magazine Scans have revealed the Exia Dark Matter and The Miss Sazabi.

Exia
Miss Sazabi

The Sazabi is so good :allears: It's reminds me a lot of the Tallgeese. Maybe that's just the color scheme, but still.
Exia Dark Matter.....is not what I expected. :stare:

But yeah, I do see the Tallgeese similarities with Miss Sazabi. Although, what is it holding in its right hand? An axe...gun?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

That is Sazabi's canonical weapon although it has a different hilt.
Oh, so a customized beam shotrifle. I see.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Actually it is supposed to be a variant of Sazabi's Beam Axe/Sword.

[edit]I just noticed Miss Sazabi doesn't have the backpack binders and thus (seemingly?) lacks funnels.
:doh:
I forgot all about that.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

From /m/,
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a0jgt
Can you feel the Rhythm Emotion?

The most bizarre thing about this video is that it somehow got flagged as "age-restricted content" despite having nothing offensive in it. :psyduck:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

At this rate, maybe the thread title should be changed to "Gundam Build Fighters - Actually Pretty Good".
Gundam Build Fighters - Better Than It Looks (P.S.: BUY GUNPLA NOW!)

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sonata Mused posted:

Gundam Build Fighters - We Can Build It Better, Faster, More Amazing
Also throwing my support behind this one.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

To break up the renaming discussion a little bit, meet Miss Sazabi and Exia Dark Matter. Also the Gunpla Battle Arms on the left.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

tsob posted:

Are they to scale? That thing is loving huge compared to the Edgia.
Vanilla Sazabi is 25.6 meters tall, while vanilla Exia is 18.3 meters tall. It makes sense for Miss Sazabi to be taller than Exia Dark Matter.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

VanishXZone posted:

Was the reporter who interrupted her the corespondent from the end of the 00 movie or someone else?
All the reporters with faces were based on other characters. The blonde was Fran Doll from Turn-A, the black-haired woman next to her was Kinue Crossroad from 00 and the male reporter was a fellow 00 cameo, Ikeda.

As for the episode, that was a great filler/breather episode. Takeshi is clearly where Sei gets his goofy Gunpla side from. The cameos and references were hilarious, from Side 6 to Axis (I think) to the whole Gunpla building. God, this show is amazing.

Sunrise, do not let this show's staff go after GBF ends. That is all.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I'll join in on the "episode felt off" crowd, but I enjoyed it. Looking forward to next week.

I did enjoy seeing S Gundam in motion and not being a display cameo. Now, give us the Deep Striker and I'll be happy. :unsmigghh:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Aila, stop that! Command Gundam isn't food.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

And the translated version.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Man, you know what I feel bad for? The Build Mk.II. That's a mecha that never got to do anything.
As much as I hate to say it, the Build Mk.II has sadly become the "backup Gunpla in case the lead Gunpla is down" unit. The only thing it really has done is....get Sei and Reiji into the World Tournament. And that was only because Sei and Reiji trashed the Build Strike fighting Yuuki.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

In a stunning twist, Yuuki's final suit is a Destiny. :getin:
No. The twist is that his final suit is Gigantis. :kheldragar:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Caroraaaaaaaaain is still being the best character that doesn't pilot a Gyan. A Good episode even without the fights.

EDIT: Holy poo poo did they cut some animation corners this episode. I wish I had a gif of Sei and Reiji walking down the stairs after the fight. Jesus.
Man, the staff weren't kidding about Sengoku Astray being a bitch to animate. Half the fight was in total black shading just to get around all of this. I can only imagine how the DVD/BD version will look.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, meet the mystery silhouette that was teased earlier:

It's Crossbone Gundam.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Blackchamber posted:

I wanted to mention this and see if anyone else thought the same thing...
When China gets interviewed about how Sei is in school and she tells the world he's a goof off, I know his mom was upset because that casts her son in a bad light. But did anyone else flashback to her daydream about being the center of attention at a media conference where shes pointed out as being such a lovely woman as much as her having a gunpla family and think maybe she was also a little upset they asked some classmate about Sei when they could/should have put her in the spotlight instead?
I think it was a bit of both. Here's a big interview for Sei...and they ask China instead of Rinko to be interviewed. On the flip side, here's Sei getting somewhat embarrassed on live TV because China is nervous and Rinko can't really do much about it or else it'd send the reporters into a speculation frenzy.

As for the episode itself, I did laugh at Fellini opting for the Heero solution, only for the whole sequence to turn into a giant Trowa callback. Also, Sei being hypnotized into reciting ALL of Amuro's lines was hilarious.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

By that you mean create a giant Samurai-themed Red Frame Powered.
Had to correct you on that one, sorry.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I know what he said.

I just find the Power Loader to be way too bulky. And I doubt Nils would even use it. I mean, how would you even mount Fuunsaiki with the Power Loader?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Power Loader for Funnsaiki too.
That is completely insane.

And yet....it could maybe work for Build Fighters. Emphasis on "maybe".

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I laughed at the Layzner-inspired name for Reiji. Overall, the episode was fun. Glad that Aila gets her happy ending. Enjoy having an extra roommate, Sei!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bloody Pom posted:

That can't be right, his facial expression isn't a lifeless Hirai face. :v:
Murrue's cameo was done in the GBF artstyle, so....

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah, and isn't that great. Kai looks so happy :unsmith: A bit peeved that he's got a Jim and not a motherfucking Guncannon.
Might be a nod to The Origin. Kai switches over to a GM around the time they reach Jaburo, IIRC.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

In related news, the OST is out. Search your usual places and all that flamenco.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

theCalamity posted:

I think that asteroid thing is Reiji's home
Or, Reiji's having the natural reaction of "Why the gently caress is a giant asteroid base now hovering within spitting distance from me?".

Zedd posted:

For something different: Sengoku Astray's extra weapons look silly and I love it

They're part of the...Matsuri(?) special weapons pack that was revealed a long time ago, which the Sengoku Astray kit helped to promote. Said pack includes sandals with rocket thrusters in them. I am not making this up.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Level Slide posted:

How many more years until Sunrise can use AGE units in GBF? I'm still awaiting the day when AGE-3 Orbital doesn't get instantly wrecked. Or rather, since GBF was big on customizing, a Gunpla that's based on the Orbital design.
2016 for the TV series, 2018 for Memories of Eden.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

I just want a better showing from the Future Century this time around. Season 1, the only times FC suits got to shine were:
  • The Nether Gundam being the windmill in Nils's Don Quixote imagine spot.
  • Nils winning with Fuunsaiki in the Wacky Races episode.
  • Master Chinan schooling a bunch of fools with his custom Haow Gundam in Mao's flashback in episode 17.
  • Master Chinan's Master Gundam blowing up a bunch of Mocks in the final episode.
That's it. Every other time a suit from G Gundam showed up, it was to job for something else. :smith:
Technically, the contest winner that was used by Totally Not Al From 0080 used God Gundam's torso and arms. It did not job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Wait, they had units from X in the show that weren't the Gundam X?
Virsago and Ashtaron Hermit Crab were in as well. Both lost quickly (Virsago to Aila, Ashtaron HC lost during the whole "Cziommer grabs some dudes and gangs up on Fellini" sequence) to their opponents.

• Locked thread