Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Dessel posted:

This episode made me realize that battleships are probably not completely out of the question in this show. I've watched a bit of Gundam but I'm still absolutely clueless about pretty much everything concerning names or units, I completely gloss over them - and frankly I don't care - Well, I have a rough idea what a Zaku looks like and what-not but still... But give me Archangel (or any battleship) kicking some rear end (Hah, I wish) complete with a nerdy crew acting out weapons officer roles and what-not like from some Artemis LAN party and I'd be completely swooned over. That makes me think, how come some people get a co-pilot with them in Gunpla battles? Can they actually check instruments/do fiddling with power management, etc. so the pilot can actually focus on piloting? How is that fair towards solo pilots? Or are they not just shown in the anime?

I unironically like SEED best just because of the drat battleship scenes... I prefer the "gritty realistic" battles of... 08th MS Team - name escapes me... and god drat spaceship battles over flashy shounen bullshit. Am I weird? I mean, I probably shouldn't be watching Gundam for battleships, right?

...Does any specific Gundam show do ship battles better than others?

vv Yeah, which is why I'd love to see a full crew of a battleship in some episode, even if they fail spectacularly. Subset of Gundam fans that are neglected and want to show that ships are not completely useless, if you will. A bit similar in theme with the bar full of Zeon military hardcore nuts and this episode's ex-girlfriend squad. It'd fit the theme, in a way.

While ship battles would be great Bandai doesn't really make ship models to scale with the 1/144 scale Gundams. Most ships are something like 1/448 scale. I'm not even sure if the carrier we saw ever came out as a kit or if the guy scratch build the whole drat thing himself for the sake of girlfriend revenge. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
One thing that's been bothering me this whole time is where Sei's dad is. We know that he got second place in the World Tournament years ago but no one's asked where he is or what he's doing. I guess we're just to assume he's salary manning it up somewhere.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

BlitzBlast posted:

Apparently the guys working on this show just had an in-house Gunpla contest based on the Bearguy III.

This is probably the best entry. (Representing the production process.)

The one in front of the China picture is dressed as an idol if you're wondering what's up with that.

EDIT: Oh, and the OST has finally been announced. Two discs, 3500 yen, coming out March 12. Cover art's pretty neat.

What kit did they bash to make the green dress on Bearguy; Zeong skirt? That's pretty awesome.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Dark Exia looks like someone took Exia and Grahams Black Flag and combined all the pieces together. Miss Sazabi is really nice looking. The legs look like Tallgeese parts. It looks like there is some sort of armor backpack instead of funnels.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SpikeMcclane posted:

Sonic Build Strike thankfully made me think of a speaker striker pack before the hedgehog.
We need Kirara to get a new suit with a giant amp/speaker backpack.

Give her the Big Zam repainted and instead of a mega particle beam cannon it's a giant sub woofer and hi-def speaker system. Sing the enemy into submission.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
This episode was more about Nils realizing that he actually likes and cares about Gunpla then Sei or Reiji. In a way the two of them were the supporting characters this episode. I did like how at the minute break you actually get to see him get upset that his 'toy' got damaged. Originally it was just a means to an end but it never occurred to him that it would ever get hit let alone damaged.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Kanos posted:

While this would have been awesome, the description of the second Meijin as a huge rear end in a top hat who no one liked and cared only about winning at all costs is utterly at odds with Ral in every respect.

What if Ral was the first Meijin then? Would explain his love for Gunpla and the game.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

BlitzBlast posted:

these three small as poo poo cameos in the background of Fellini's race

That is a Blue painted Gundam Savior from Gundam Seed.

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/ZGMF-X23S_Saviour_Gundam

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Watching this weeks episode cements the fact that they production crew are really taking a lot of jabs at the corporate heads of Sunrise. What with the chairman demanding that Yuuki win at all cost and the other higher up with the grandson that tells Aila to win the trophy. Every time the higher ups come in a demand results for some esoteric reason poo poo gets ruined and the fun is lost. However whenever the Gunpla pilots (read: staff of the show) say screw this poo poo and do what they want it all ends up being fun again.

Looking forward to the final battle of 1:1 Gundam/Zaku vs. Every Competitor in the Gunpla Tournament.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Since the preview shows Sei and Reiji already piloting their suits that can only mean that the 1:1 Gundam and Zaku will be piloted by Sei's Dad in the RX-78 and Ral in the Zaku. :dance: Monday can't come soon enough.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

W.T. Fits posted:

Wow, that was a trip. Saw this series recommended over in Poptarts Ninja's "Let's Play BattleTech" thread and blitzed through it over the course of last week. (It was the screencap of Bernie and Chris congratulating Al on his win that did it.) Great stuff all around.

Also reawakened my old addiction to Gunpla; went and dug a bunch of old models I never started work on out of storage, and even ended up ordering an HGBF Zaku Amazing and Miss Sazabi.

... Now I need to get some actual modeling supplies so I can actually work on this stuff.

Also, dumb question: even though the subs had him calling her by her family name, what was Sei actually calling China during the series? It sounded like he was saying "Incho" or something like that.

I believe that Sei was calling China 'class president' the whole time. Which by the end kinda irritated me because for a guy that likes her he never says her name and she is oddly okay with it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Doesn't the Crossbone Gundam Maoh use a Gundam Age torso for the cannon?

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

This with the announcement of a new line of Gundam model grade has me hopeful that we'll see even crazier kit bashes. Cautiously optimistic.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Well Manicured Man posted:

The 00 Raiser being able to produce a beam saber so massive that the bad guys thought it was a beam cannon at first was dumb as gently caress in the series but would be right at home (not to mention totally badass) in Build Fighters.

If they're going to do that then they better bring back Sengoku Astray and make him Powered with the Anti-Ship cleaving sword. I want to see that vs. Raiser Sword.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Yeah, Powered GM looks pretty boss. Definitely going to get the kit for that when it comes out.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
So Winning Gundam looks like it has a flyer mode. Can't tell if it's supposed to be akin to Zeta or Wing but it looks fun. I can't wait to build them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Once you mentioned it, I'd half-expected it to turn out that way too.

But this time it's a single kit and accessories for all three variations :toot:.

Is it wrong that I want to buy three Ez -8s and three weapon kits? That way I can make an Ez-8 gun cannon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

The Custom Bearguy San comes with the little Bearguy called "PuchiGuy" and it sits on the "Chair Striker". I need this right now. :3:

• Locked thread