Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

Exia Dark Matter.....is not what I expected. :stare:

But yeah, I do see the Tallgeese similarities with Miss Sazabi. Although, what is it holding in its right hand? An axe...gun?

That is Sazabi's canonical weapon although it has a different hilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

HG Exia always looked disproportionate so that doesn't help either.

If that backback can have it's wings fold out like a giant Deathscyte Hell Custom-esque look it would look a lot better already.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

That is Sazabi's canonical weapon although it has a different hilt.
Oh, so a customized beam shotrifle. I see.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Actually it is supposed to be a variant of Sazabi's Beam Axe/Sword.

[edit]I just noticed Miss Sazabi doesn't have the backpack binders and thus (seemingly?) lacks funnels.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 22, 2014

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Miss Sazabi's weapon makes it look more like a rapier for some reason. If its not Baker's or gal from the top 16 I'm going to assume its China's rivals just so we get to see another match with those two :allears:.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Galaga Galaxian posted:

[edit]I just noticed Miss Sazabi doesn't have the backpack binders and thus (seemingly?) lacks funnels.

Funnels are for nerds. Miss Baker seems more the Direct Type, so the funnels just aren't her style. Assuming this is for her.

If this turns out to be Caro-raaaaain's revenge I think it would just be that she doesn't know what Funnels are.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

:doh:
I forgot all about that.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
Dark Exia looks like someone took Exia and Grahams Black Flag and combined all the pieces together. Miss Sazabi is really nice looking. The legs look like Tallgeese parts. It looks like there is some sort of armor backpack instead of funnels.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Oh my god it's loving RAVEN MODE in an official Gundam production.

I can't handle this. There is no :psyduck: that is :psyduck: enough to show what I'm feeling.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Exia was such a good base for an amazing custom, and what we got was something even a 12 year-old would think was dumb. It's even red and black! So cool, right guys?

:ughh:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

Exia was such a good base for an amazing custom, and what we got was something even a 12 year-old would think was dumb. It's even red and black! So cool, right guys?

Wait if it's actually piloted by Mashita it makes perfect sense! Mashita is the biggest manchild in the series so naturally he gets the suit with the "edgiest" color scheme!

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Red and black can be good for color scheme, like johnny ridden's zaku, but one color should be the dominate one. This one just seems like a loving mess.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

Since it looks like The Chairman's the one who pilots it I really like it. He'sthe Man Child President who doesn't know dick about Gundam and he Pilots an overdesigned nightmare of a Gundam that's trying too hard to be threatening. It's 100% in character.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Oh, I know it makes perfect sense in the context of the show. And I also think that black and red Gundams can look fantastic (Blitz and Strike Noir come to mind).

I hope everyone's reaction to it in the show is appropriately damning. For some reason I can imagine Sei and Mao dry-heaving at the mere sight of the thing.

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jan 22, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The best part is that it can probably go Trans-Am.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

All Hail Shadow starts blaring through the stadium PA system at max volume when it does.

Someone in the main Gundam thread thought it was an Astraea F. :laffo:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jan 22, 2014

0x0hShit
Mar 11, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Not edgy enough. Maybe TRANS AM REDLINE! :rice: ... :suicide:

On the other hand I actually kind of like the Ms Sazabi version more then the original. There's just something about the proportions that works, although I'm wondering what's attached to the things back. The paint job is pretty bare like the Tallgeese is, but that might actually make it a great kit to start with customizing with. Damnit. Once this show is over I'm going to have to go High Grade shopping.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Bloody Pom posted:

All Hail Shadow starts blaring through the stadium PA system at max volume when it does.

This would honestly just make things better.

then Sonic Build Strike can reply with LIVE AND LEARN

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Bloody Pom posted:

Eej kinda pointed this out in the other thread when he misidentified it, but Exia's predecessor the Astraea got upgraded to Type F and turned red/black too. Even got a mask like Dark Matter.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Sonic Build Strike thankfully made me think of a speaker striker pack before the hedgehog.
We need Kirara to get a new suit with a giant amp/speaker backpack.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SpikeMcclane posted:

Sonic Build Strike thankfully made me think of a speaker striker pack before the hedgehog.
We need KiraraNot-Basara to get a new suit with a giant amp/speaker backpack.

C'mon, it's the perfect excuse for the best possible Macross to cover with Gundam.

LISTEN TO MY GUNPLA'S SONG.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

C'mon, it's the perfect excuse for the best possible Macross to cover with Gundam.

LISTEN TO MY GUNPLA'S SONG.

Guitar and drum controlled Gundams :allears:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Atleast we have Extreme.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That already showed up actually. It's what Mao used to pay for his meal.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

SpikeMcclane posted:

We need Kirara to get a new suit with a giant amp/speaker backpack.

Give her the Big Zam repainted and instead of a mega particle beam cannon it's a giant sub woofer and hi-def speaker system. Sing the enemy into submission.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Is it safe to say there will be a model kit for all the custom gunpla seen in this show? I want the Thai champ's Abigorbine.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I don't think we'll see that one since there isn't a recentish HG of the kit it's made from.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

muike posted:

I don't think we'll see that one since there isn't a recentish HG of the kit it's made from.

Yeah I saw the Abigor. I'll wait and see I guess.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

That Miss Sazabi looks sorta Gyan to me, Super/Hi-Mo Gyan even :allears:

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Pimpmust posted:

That Miss Sazabi looks sorta Gyan to me, Super/Hi-Mo Gyan even :allears:

Maybe Sazaki will show up again as Baker's long lost son or something with the Gyan Gya Gyan AMAZING and they fight Sei and someone else in a Tag Team Battle.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

King of Braves GyaGyanGar.

Speaking of Gyan, of all the joke Sazaki/Gyan pictures I've seen cropping up, this has to be one of the most absurd:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Gyan-Claude van Damme.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

mr. stefan posted:

Gyan-Claude van Damme.

I feel Jean-Claude van Gyan is stronger.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

BizarroAzrael posted:

I feel Jean-Claude van Gyan is stronger.

Gyan-Claude Gya Gyamme?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

OneDeadman posted:

Maybe Sazaki will show up again as Baker's long lost son or something with the Gyan Gya Gyan AMAZING and they fight Sei and someone else in a Tag Team Battle.

Wait, wait. Sazaki is a boy?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Wait, wait. Sazaki is a boy?

Sazaki is a man's name and he is a MAN.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

I'll be let down if Sazaki and Ramba doesn't get another shot at this whole tournament thing. Gouf and Gyan, gattai!

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
I am just waiting tell Reji and Sei have to fight a Gouf and Mr. Ral is torn between cheering for the kids or the Gouf. It'll break his heart.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Sazaki is a man's name and he is a MAN.

Sorry, no. Not buying it. I mean... Look at him/her. I know my anime and that's a lady anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

From /m/,
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a0jgt
Can you feel the Rhythm Emotion?

The most bizarre thing about this video is that it somehow got flagged as "age-restricted content" despite having nothing offensive in it. :psyduck:

• Locked thread