Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme

M. Night Skymall posted:

If you want a wider tire I have a PR4 rear for my SV650 sitting in my garage that I want to give away. It has maybe 5k on it? It's a 160/60 but the internet claims it'll fit on the duke 390. Though looking at the youtube video of it fitting doesn't make it look like a great idea.

Goes for anyone else, I have a front/rear PR4 off an SV650 with plenty of miles left on them, I swapped Q3s onto it for the track and saved them but at this point I'd rather have the space in my garage. I should probably give some bikes away too I haven't ridden at all since my kid was born in June. Anyone want to buy a VFR800?

I was wondering how that whole thing was going since you've been so quiet on this thread. Congratulations on the baby and I hope you're enjoying the parenthood experience. It starts getting good right about now.

If Skreemer doesn't claim that rear tire, I might like to take those PR4s off your hands for cash money or a bottle of good wine or an economy pack of diapers or something. My PR2s are old now, and although they have plenty of tread left, they're a little squared off and they don't feel as good on my pathetically rare rides as they once did.

Can't help you with the VFR though. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Most kind, both of you.

My SV remains functional, even on the old tires, so if you need this more, please don't let me take priority.

But if you felt like meeting me in Plano with said tires I'd be happy to buy you...well, with your schedule, would it be breakfast? I was going to say lunch but would you be in bed by then? What works for you?

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Then again I would need to get something back to MNS in thanks for those tires, were I to take them.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
If I hear back from MNS about buying his unused-at-the-moment PR4s I would like to take you up on that sometime soon. I have pretty good taste in booze if I may say so myself.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
What time you thinking of meeting in McKinney? I'm not sure what we have going on Sunday but I'd love to get out if I can.

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Cool! I'm pretty sure I can make it to this one. I think I've been on this route with you guys once; I remember windmills, and the race track, but I've never been to Sweetie Pie's. Just Babe's.

If you only have to budget 5 minutes for Sena fuckery then you must have figured out the tricks. All I know how to do is play music through mine.

e: Well I misinterpreted the meeting time and missed everybody, so I'll just go do my own thing. Hope you guys have a great time.

Alceste fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alceste
Dec 5, 2003

Ramrod XTreme
Caught my mistake before I left the house, but it was well after noon. Dumb error on my part. I actually followed most of your course though, just by myself. Got to enjoy the one lane / gravel / chipseal bullshit on 455 west of Sanger too.

Would have enjoyed everyone's company but I had myself a good ride anyway and I'm glad you all were safe. I saw a lot of emergency vehicles and heard many sirens today, and every time I hoped it wasn't any of you guys.

• Locked thread