Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Where the hell can I preorder the Japanese physical console edition of the original trilogy if I live in the us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Fukushima?

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

This is a callous and uncalled for reply. Mods?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

moller posted:

https://twitter.com/gematsu/status/1765455741119308002

Hold on, Clear Sky on console? How's that going to work?

cool

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Maybe I'm nuts but shadow of Chernobyl at least looks like it got a small graphical update, foliage looks better to me.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it looks pretty good, could just be the 4k

the controller support feels pretty smooth. there is a low beep sound effect that is constant and kind of driving me nuts

got stuck in a rock pile and had to revert to save, authentic stalker experience

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

restarting the game seems to have fixed the beeping issue, but SHOC has crashed three times in fifteen minutes now so take that as you will

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

hawowanlawow posted:

restarting the game seems to have fixed the beeping issue, but SHOC has crashed three times in fifteen minutes now so take that as you will

That does sound like the authentic stalker experience

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
I popped a burer with a panicked no-scope single round blast of buckshot from a rusty toz34 in the underground, i didn’t even think it was possible to drop one that fast. It was at reasonable range too. Gave me a good chuckle after a few unsuccessful tries to dispatch the usual suspect bloodsucker.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

dogstile posted:

Nice, after bitching about one not dropping in 50 hours or whatever i found one randomly in a stash that's up to 100%. Ecologist one, but i'll take it.

My next step is to try and figure out how to get the mod so i can look at companions true inventory to work because hip has like, 50 guns. I did notice that she's finally killed enough things to become a trainee, though!

Edit: This exosuit is not the upgrade I was thinking it'd be, looking at the stat's I need some serious artifact work to get it as good in a straight fight as the heavy suit.

Its cool tho

The ecologist exosuit is basically one of their plastic suits with an exo frame around it, as noted other than the carry weight it doesn't have that much going for it.

The other factions have militarized versions which use that frame to carry around a very heavy suit of armour.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
But think of how much research can be done if we ditch these stupid kevlar plates and attach pocket protectors, autoclaves, and test tube mixers to our servos instead.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Kinda wishing when I went into the sarcophagus that I took back one of the exo's, I was just so overencumbered by the end.

Granted, half of that weight was me going "oh this is a cool gun with the really expensive tac kit on it".

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Most of my adventures are “ok i really need to get out to temp-stash-A and bring it back all its cool poo poo to base stash.” Followed by getting halfway there and saying “welp im now over encumbered with more cool poo poo better head back to base”

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm moving my base from Cordon to Yanov, so I had to actually ignore loot last night and do it.

The main reason for this is that aside from needing a base this far up, the workbench in the Cordon lags the game for a solid 10 seconds when I open it now.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

dogstile posted:

I'm moving my base from Cordon to Yanov, so I had to actually ignore loot last night and do it.

The main reason for this is that aside from needing a base this far up, the workbench in the Cordon lags the game for a solid 10 seconds when I open it now.

This is gonna happen everywhere, it's because the way the workbench works is that anything that's stored in the workbench will be temporarily moved into your inventory when you open it up, then put back when you close it. So if there's a shitload of items in there, it takes a while for the game to just iterate through all of them and transfer them over.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

A true hoarder will have 3 or more workbenches :v:

I ended maxing out my first so I built a second one dedicated to gun parts. Then the first filled up again so I built a third for all my armor parts, and so on....

On top of the boxes holding my gotta catch em all collections of guns and armor I'll never use, of course.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
These days I part everything out into boxes and store very little in the workbench itself. It actually helps me keep a better mental inventory of what I have when I have to manually sort through it all. Plus, half of the fun now is using all of the new hideout furniture to make own little slices of heaven in the Zone :angel:

Namnesor posted:

Home sweet home.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Namnesor posted:

These days I part everything out into boxes and store very little in the workbench itself. It actually helps me keep a better mental inventory of what I have when I have to manually sort through it all. Plus, half of the fun now is using all of the new hideout furniture to make own little slices of heaven in the Zone :angel:

I did that too, but then the boxes started getting full enough to cause performance issues...

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

aniviron posted:

I did that too, but then the boxes started getting full enough to cause performance issues...

You don't need a seventh 9mm silencer. Leave it.

Stop.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Never! Cold. Dead. Hands.

(Unless it's a Burner anomaly.)

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Upon my death, I bequeath my storage locker full of random recoil springs, trigger groups, and barrels to the Rookie Village. May they go on to become the final piece for hundreds of shittily cobbled together starter weapons.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

aniviron posted:

My boxes couldn’t hold that much each so I had a bunch of them that I’d rummage through looking for the part that I swear I had here somewhere. It’s very immersive.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Namnesor posted:

Stop.

Maybe not but I drat sure need this 18th 6 position NATO gas block.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Namnesor posted:

Stop.

Silencers and scopes are like the only thing I still pick up in the late game because they’re light and easily converted to rubles via any mechanic.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

You get the guns you want, then you don't collect guns, you collect silencers and optics eh? Art imitates life.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

The Cheshire Cat posted:

This is gonna happen everywhere, it's because the way the workbench works is that anything that's stored in the workbench will be temporarily moved into your inventory when you open it up, then put back when you close it. So if there's a shitload of items in there, it takes a while for the game to just iterate through all of them and transfer them over.

Oh I know, its just this time i'll definitely only use this workbench for weapon parts, only this one for armour parts, only this one for artifact hunting, i'll keep a spare box for guns and ammo.

Check back with me in another 20 hours when they're all full of random 1% barrels again

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

dogstile posted:

Oh I know, its just this time i'll definitely only use this workbench for weapon parts, only this one for armour parts, only this one for artifact hunting, i'll keep a spare box for guns and ammo.

Check back with me in another 20 hours when they're all full of random 1% barrels again

Any weapon part below 60% is functionally useless, and anything below 20% is actually useless. Get rid of 'em.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Oh I know, i'm just lazy and keep hitting "loot all".

I was sensible for the first 30 or so hours of playing! I only took 60% plus things!

Then I discovered that it doesn't matter if cloth is at 1%, you can still craft with it.

Then i stopped caring at all

moller
Jan 10, 2007

There’s an intelligent autoloot feature bound to left alt by default. It’s not perfect but it’ll automatically field strip viable parts and dismantle junk items into their base components, etc.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

dogstile posted:

Oh I know, i'm just lazy and keep hitting "loot all".

I was sensible for the first 30 or so hours of playing! I only took 60% plus things!

Then I discovered that it doesn't matter if cloth is at 1%, you can still craft with it.

Then i stopped caring at all

Yea, realizing that even a 1% item is valid for crafting was my downfall, I disassemble everything.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

It's me, swinging by the Cordon car park to huck a grenade into the barn and blow up those three bandits huddling by the fire for the scraps of cloth I can dismantle their bandit masks for.

Also maybe sweet revenge for how many tries it took me to take that place my first go on SoC like 15 years ago.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Bullying the poo poo out of bandits is one of the finer pleasures once you’re over the mid game power hump

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Bandit masks are also really good for boosting repair % when used with other repair items. I don't often bother with the secondary repair boosters (unless its junk I already have in my inventory that I want to get rid of) but I'll keep around a trunk full of masks for repairs at my base, given how frequently they drop from all the bandits you kill.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Im assaulting the brain scorcher again, brought three backpacks with me to stash monolith loot as I progressed through. Ive just made it into the lab, already acquired almost 200 kg of poo poo and that is with disassembling all armours and guns. Why am I Iike this???

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The secret to the human condition is that even in the Zone, number goes up releases dopamine. Can't let any of the loot stay behind.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Dragged it all back to outside freedom’s base. 312kg. 98 monolith patches. Sure was fun fighting what felt like 50 more monolith on the way back down from the lab, usually i sneak off through red forest.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

The Noah's Ark challenge: stash two of every item (possible without cheats) in Noah's barge

Elrond Hubbard
Mar 30, 2007

To ERH
*everyone applauds*
Outskirts is a bit ridiculous in the new version of Gamma.

Nothing like running into seven controllers, a burer and a poltergeist all at once.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009
Are there any NPCs that give quests to find the gunsmithing kits? Not sure if I should be selling these past the first one since the tool and drug kits have fetch quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I think Grok was considering adding quest asking for gunsmithing kits but afaik has not yet.

Speaking Grok he announced some upcoming changes he has planned for artefacts. The melter is going away.

Grokitach posted:

Change of plans for the future update:

For the next update I wanted to make armor balance my priority, but I think the artefacts system is not good enough to start balancing armors around it.

I will thus rather focus on changing the artefacts system to make it more appealing and engaging, as well as less RNG.

The melter charges system will be abandoned because I think it adds too much micromanagement for a lot of people.

Artefacts will be able to be sold no matter their condition. That way it’s the player choice to make a bit of cash, or keep the artefacts for later use.

Instead of requiring 2 artefacts to make 1 artefact of higher tier, the recipes will convert 1 artefact of one tier, to one artefact of a tier above, by using mutant parts in the recipe. By doing this the upgrade path of artefacts will be clearer and less RNG. And this will also properly gate artefact crafting progression because some strong mutants don’t really spawn in the South. This will also push the player to keep certain mutant parts, and actively hunt mutant to craft better artefacts. I always wanted mutant parts to be used as something else than money maker, and this is the perfect opportunity.

T3+ artefacts (Snowflake, Full Empty…) will be removed from the fields spawns. But artefacts in the north will spawn with higher conditions. A general sentiment is that artefacts hunting is only valuable in the north because you can find T3 artefacts. This won’t be the case anymore.

Map based artefacts conditions: artefacts will spawn with higher condition in the north maps compared to the south maps. This means artefacts hunting will still be quicker in the north, but to go to T3 and T4 artefacts (compass…) you will need to craft them.

Detectors will passively beep in your pocket (MCM configurable) so you won’t miss artefacts in the field.

Overall I think this will push the player to get faster into artefacts crafting while making the endgame artefacts a bit longer to make, while making it less frustrating (that one single artefacts you need to upgrade your T3 artefact that never drops), and while making mutant parts actually useful.

I think that after the first iteration, some balancing patches will be rolled out, especially to nail the number of mutant parts needed for the artefacts crafting. I hope a majority will like the changes.