Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Reinstalled S.T.A.L.K.E.R. after I don't know how long and loaded up Misery 2.1.1, started with a knife and a flashlight in pitch black and immediately get turned to mulch by zombie gunfire. :gibs:

Feels good to be back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Here's part of the design notes for emissions I had planned.

http://pastebin.com/L82DgMig

Disturbing cloud patterns was right. I actually got a really cool texture artist to make a slight variation of the emission cloud patterns leading up to it that was pretty much a huge Skull looking down on the Zone if you looked at it right. A bitch to implement subtly but it was kind of neat when a few people I tested it with looked up and saw death itself staring down at them, kind of.

Please finish this :pray:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
In Misery 2.1.1 where do I find evidence of Tremors' involvment with the missing stalkers?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Gave up on Misery 2.1, hit a brick wall where I couldn't afford a seva suit, no money to loan Vano, no artefact spawns and every expedition into the zone was costing me more than I could make back.
Though I really enjoyed being a survivalist mutant hunter living off cooked Flesh bacon and Chimera steak. Too bad nothing else about the mod was as fun.

Worst part about it was the incomprehensible walls of text and gibberish numbers on every loving item description.

What's this Lost Alpha thing I keep hearing about?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Lost Alpha is basically a free, full standalone game that is built on the X-Ray Engine (that's been vastly improved with multicore support, more modern features etc.)

It's an attempt to recreate the "alpha" builds of Shadow of Chernobyl. It's basically the closest thing we're likely to get to Stalker 2.

From the couple of hours I've played of it, it's about 200x times better than Misery in every single way. It also works! Which is a huge plus.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha

Neat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Lost Alpha opening cinematic. Wow.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

* Dynamic Huds. Virtually every suit now has a hud associated with it, that can be damaged and have other neat effects applied.

Did you add the sound of breaking glass when helmets get damaged? I hope you didn't. :(

quote:

* Fully customizable options! Virtually every new gameplay feature I've added has been given an associated config so you can switch off/on elements as you please. Want food spoilage but no weapon explosions? Knock yourself out. Want to switch off Horror Time entirely? Feel free.

You're the best. :h:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

e: I think once I finish this Lost Alpha thing I may just attempt to work on my Misery tweak thing again. If I can make it 0.001% better than it is I'll have achieved more than MDT did :v:

First thing you should do is trim down and simplify the bloated system of repair items. There's so much more and I know I don't need to tell you that :v:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Surprised no one has added Short Change Hero to the radio, really fits imo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1QUZzeZoPQ

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Volumetric Smoke, wet surfaces and that's it, I think.

If DX10 is crashing, this sounds like a very common issue that's easily fixed by uninstalling Windows Update KB2670838

This broke DX10 for a few games, I believe. Clear Sky/Call of Pripyat is the most common

Whoa, was wondering what was causing this, nice.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
You should add a Slenderman mutant to CoP Ddraig.
Something that you don't kill but just evade as it stalks(:smug:) you, teleporting you around and loving with your head in every way imaginable.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

I have no problem with dumb poo poo in games, it just has to be consistent with its own logic. Feel free to have the most hosed up story imaginable with the most ridiculous characters ever, but for god's sake at least try to think it over slightly and say "Given the very lax rules we do have, is this plausible or does it not make sense?"

There's a stash in the Garbage with the name "gar_field_cache"

It has a dog tail in it, with the comment "OMG ODIES TAIL LOL"

:laffo:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Swartz posted:

Source code to Call of Pripyat has been released/leaked.

Don't know if anyone cares, but I'm very happy about it.

I'll be porting the work I did on CS to COP now, and there are several people interested in joining forces, including K.D. of OGSE (he did all the shaders and graphics).

I'm excited about it, keep us all updated bro.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Eagerly awaiting.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Welp, here it is

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1R4RHpB68V6c1F1Ykd4SWFScGM/edit?usp=sharing

This is as-is at the moment. This is what I managed to recover from my old computer's hard drive after it died and has been adapted to Misery 2.1.1

Very feature incomplete, to the point where I can't remember exactly what I have or haven't included.

Should hopefully be no major gamebreaking bugs but I've only got to Jupiter. I will try to fix any problems, though.

quote:

Sorry, you can't view or download this file at this time.

Too many users have viewed or downloaded this file recently.

:sigh:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Any day when you don't have to use your AK is a good day (in the Zone)

Keep up the good work Ddraig! :h:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

- Removed the scripted blowout from Stancia1

Is that the Blow Out with the military assaulting the NPP? Why don't they keep that in and have it cleared when you return? That Blow Out is the best. :black101:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If I'm going to sharpen a shovel, I drat well be using it to thrust, slash at and decapitate mutants and people.

I've always wanted a mod that let's you lock on to enemies like a bloodsucker and use screwdrivers and poo poo to kill an enemy before they can kill you. But that's probably not what the Misery team has in mind seeing as how you can pick up crowbars, sledgehammers and what not but they're useless outside of a few percentage points in repairs.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Playing Arsenal Overhaul 3, anyone else not able to get FOV to 75*?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
What's this all about?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Liking Arsenal Overhaul spawn changes where zombies come in big herds.

There was another group of six further up where you start the vanilla game.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

:stare:
These people are monsters.

Also really like the Arsenal Overhaul changes to the rail gun.

The only draw back is the slower fire rate, I can't take out all the mercs and scientists at the meeting in Pripyat. But more grievous, I can't take out Monolith forces out as fast on the Evacuation mission and kept getting a 1 minute timer pop up because EVERYONE WAS DEAD before I could even set foot in the escape zone.

Welp, Kovalsky posthumously gets a medal and The Zone keeps it's secrets as Streloks blood soaks into the streets of Pripyat.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just noticed, Sokolov didn't even make it out of the laundromat.

My guess is he tripped and face planted sending his nose bone into his brain.
Does this have to do with the 'Realistic Damage' optional?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

e: while we're at it, does MISERY: the Armed Zone do anything to correct all the bullshit of Misery 2.0+?

Nope! :)

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Made it to Pripyat and successfully obtained the unidentified weapon using the trench coat and the TT-33 and Mosin.

Really like that AO3 added an upgrade tree to the TT-33, used to be a pain when it would start jamming fairly quickly with no +% to reliability

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

your evil twin posted:

Will there still be some kind of plot? Like the option to do SoC's main storyline, or CoP's?

God, I hope not.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If you install Absolute Nature 3 make sure to delete Allspawn file or you'll get start the game on the Zaton promontory overlooking the Skadovsk no matter what faction you choose.

Or don't and start as a monolith trooper, b line for some weapon stashes and clear out the Skadovsk. For the Monolith. :jihad:

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 29, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
And NPCs punching is really great, now if I can figure out how to mod you punching back and maybe even using one of those big iron files to jab into another guys eye socket.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Couldn't get to the wish granter, the teleport right under it doesn't seem to do anything but make noise and look pretty when I get near it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Minarchist posted:

Look on the wall opposite the Wish Granter, theres a ladder up and then you can parkour your way to it.

Neat. :)

Too bad I'm back down in Dead City on my way to Yantar to give the scientist a Pseudogiant hand. Of which I have loads of from the NPP area. :jihad:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Oberleutnant posted:

All these stories about people's experiences in CoC reminds me of when SoC was first released and every discussion of Stalker was not about the plot, but was an excited babble of people telling each other about their adventures. That's a really nostalgic moment for me. SoC seemed to capture people's enthusiasm and I saw not only a lack of cynicism but actual child like excitement about a game. That's games at their best imo

Yeah, Epic Stalker team has done something really magical here.

Especially with the NPCs giving you elbows and grabbing poo poo out of your hands. Had to fight off some mercs to get to a bed in Dead City and had one grab my AK74 and try to shoot me with it while I stabbed him to death. :ese:

e;

Ddraig posted:

COC definitely does that. I'd almost forgotten how creepy some of the levels can be. Going through the Wild Territory at night and suddenly being under attack from a band of mercenaries nearly made me close the game down and take a breather.

When you find yourself in that position, drink a bottle of vodka and keep on truckin'

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Sep 30, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

Fun little thing about Tushkano. I expect a lot of people won't notice this because the prompt is quite hard to read in the heat of battle, but there's a special interaction you can do with them in COC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKINcQQr7I

Found that out in the Jupiter Underground, made things really interesting when I tried scoring field goals between wrecked vehicles.

Also, :siren: POST YOUR CURRENT LOAD OUT! :siren:

e; Hot tip: The 'Never Again' anomaly in Red Forest is a great spot if you're hunting artifacts.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Oct 1, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Stingray-gate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i81xImKYECI

e; @Ddraig
I thim I'm doing something wrong with the DB converter, I put the extracted converters and folder in Gamedata, the converter app runs for a bit then when it asks "Press any key to continue" it closes and nothing has happened.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Oct 1, 2015

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Dandywalken posted:

I'm poor as gently caress, and cant even afford a suit of armor thats 12k atm. How do you make so much cash? I cant sell guns due to the durability thing so I just sell ammo en masse to vendors and its not very efficent. I'll check that anomaly though.

Didn't bother with picking up weapons, ammo or anything I wasn't gonna use actually.
Also, found the Svarog detector off a dead ecologist in Yantar which was a really big help.

A real big cash boost was bringing back and selling the two exoskeletons from inside the Chernobyl NPP one at a time. And I also had visited EVERY anomaly field and drained them of their artifacts. A little tough because the detector suffers from the same CoP vanilla problem of teeny tiny little green pixel markers for artifacts.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Something I want to work on, since Degtayrev is the USS observer in the Zone where would he be hanging out you think?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

your evil twin posted:

Any idea why they need to remove the "AI Die In Anomaly" feature in the next version? How is it messing up the NPC AI?

AI seem to just wander into anomalies willy nilly with no regard to their own safety. Then others go to loot them or aid them, and so on and so on.

Which is funny and all but I can see how it might mess with things.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
GIMP is the people's image editing software. :ussr:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
The military outpost at the NPP has a rocket launcher laying on some crates. Along with some other goods.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Any reason Beard is particular on what artifacts he buys now?

Wowzers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Ddraig posted:

I have a few other little ideas for what to include in the Monolith loving. I need a nice icon, but I'd like to include an "ultimate sacrifice" item. Quest item, with no weight. When you use it you pull the pin out of an grenade you've got in your inventory and kill yourself and anyone around you.

Also going to give the Monolith slightly different outcomes from asking their God for a wish. It's a vengeful, angry God.

Was writing down some stuff I wanted to work on that I titled Monolith Rising but I doubt I'll get anything past the Idea Guy stage while all my time is eaten up by looking for a job and donating plasma for food money.

That and I still can't get the DB converter to work properly. :suicide:

Is it okay if I PM you my notes and what little I have to see if anything interests you?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Oct 14, 2015