Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TFW is way too good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How's artifact hunting in TFW? I was thinking of taking my squad hunting in Pripyat

E: I mean liminsk?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Suvivarium isn't good

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

frank.club posted:

Suvivarium isn't good

Hold up you guys might be right I'll change this opinion in a bit

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah it's starting to grow on me. The f2p model sucks tho but I might be willing to throw cash at it if/when it gets pve stuff

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jehde posted:

Actually it's one of the best balanced f2p games out there, I don't think you quite understand how it works. You can purchase weapons using the in game currency you get from each match, or buy premium currency to buy the same stuff with. The only thing that only premium currency can buy is customizations like camo and decals. But the thing that matters is that each weapon (and armour, and ammo, etc) has a different equipment level, so different loadouts will have different overall equipment levels. The equipment level is what determines who you get matched up with, not your experience level. This is something a lot of new players don't get because it's not really explained in the game. So if you just start the game and spend a bunch of money buying an AK, then you'll be put in matches with other people with AKs and similarly leveled equipment. However, because as mentioned before, there's a lot of new blood, so the matchmaking is a bit wonky right now.

I don't know why you're so insistant on being able to pick up guns from dead bodies, this isn't STALKER where you can just nick a VSS to make everything trivial. Yes it's currently a loadout based arena shooter, if you're averse to this, then it's not for you. There may be some looting aspect in the PvE part, but it's just PvP for now. Being able to resupply ammo at the base or something would be nice, but I never run out of ammo unless I'm dumb and forget to restock before a match. May I suggest not wasting ammo so much? If you're running out of ammo after 4-5 kills then you are wasting a whole lot. Also there's no point in taking the TT33 along with the PPSh, take the TT33 if you're using the mosin.

I did manually switch on the website, but I suspect they only bought one server farm on the east coast or something. They are a small studio in Ukraine though so it's understandable that they have very limited resources. 100 is a lot less than 200 though so I shouldn't complain too much. :v:

Yeah plus you can get an over under with slugs pretty quick and bam it's amazing

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I found out about tk'ing because of some dude who perfectly Ron Perlman'd into my shot. I got the collateral and killed the guy I was aiming for too. I'm down to squad up are your steam names same as your forums

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Played Survarium a bit today and yesterday, its actually pretty fun. Love the aesthetics, gunplay is good, sound is phenomenal.

The new update they detailed seems really cool too. Roaming murderous anomalies

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

I think Pripyat and the like are all looted out.

What's surprising is that there are actually people who live in the area. Illegally, of course, but there's a few villages of people who continue to live around there despite their children getting horrible cancers etc. :smith:

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/hanging-out-with-the-only-residents-of-chernobyls-exclusion-zone

I really need to update the OP. I've been putting it off for ages but I'll get around to it sometime over the weekend.

I think a lot of the copper wiring and stuff got ripped out of prypiat a while ago. Enjoy the radioactive wolves kids!

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When the screen does that slow side to side sway what does that mean and how do I stop it
How do I lower the bridge into liminsk

frank.club fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 9, 2015

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

Good news for Retro Stalker enthusiasts...

Kanyhalos, one of the OG stalker modders, is planning on releasing something potentially big on the 15th.

Oblivion Lost 3.0

Oh hell yes

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
poo poo I had no idea that was out already

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Started a new faction wars and decided to go mercenary. They load up you really good no questions asked. I took a job nearby and ended up in the zombie warehouse. After killing a bunch of those guys I noticed that their weapons were all in flawless condition. Scored pretty well

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

Oblivion Lost 3.0 is out

http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-oblivion-lost-30

Retro stalker today.

Very nice

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Once the total CoP/SoC comes out (officially) we'll have great overhauls of all three games. Counting TFW for CS.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gestalt Intellect posted:

God drat it what are they doing.

I can't wait to look at some tiny icons in the menu for hours so I can sharpen a loving shovel. Nothing says immersion like squinting at a billion .pngs in a menu.

Hahahah Jesus Christ

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VDay posted:

Arsenal Overhaul 3 came out yesterday: http://www.moddb.com/mods/arsenal-overhaul

the download link on the site isn't currently working.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't even know AI could punch

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beyond sane knolls posted:

Ok so I did this, found an exoskeleton on the way which turned my hands and presumably the rest of me invisible, got to the wish granter on my last few bars of life and wished for immortality just so I could make it out of there. Instead I became a zombie and was teleported to the Cordon, where I wrought havoc on the unsuspecting loners as an immortal haunted suit of armor. 5/5

Awesome.
You didn't seriously make a functioning wish granter right

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Walked out of the merc base and saw a pseudo doc get launched into the stratosphere by a whirly gig anomaly. CoC is amazing.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ddraig posted:

Fun little thing about Tushkano. I expect a lot of people won't notice this because the prompt is quite hard to read in the heat of battle, but there's a special interaction you can do with them in COC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKINcQQr7I

Hahahah, awesome

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Friendly squad AI is loving useless. I get constantly shot by them

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dandywalken posted:

The cordon minefield is hilarious for this reason.

"Ok Private, today's patrol takes us... directly left outside the gate." and they just walk right into poo poo and die en masse.

I walked into that and got vaporized mid way through a reload. Actually scared me lol

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gotta wait for Misery 3.0 to get your ultra realistic meth role play going

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
did you take any pictures

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Avocados posted:

you guys ready to play some games?

Get back in the exosuit, Stalker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can anyone recall that little mod that helped with the stutter in CoP? I've googled for it but cant find it.