Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Call a local squad and they should come running. If you mouse over the dot on the map you can get the squads ID, and then go to Settings->Squads on the radio menu to call them to a point of your choosing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

SolitarySolidarity posted:

I'm about to play Shadow of Chernobyl for the first time but I'm going to install the Zone Reclamation mod. From looking at the file size it doesn't seem like this mod updates the textures like the (obsolete) Complete 2009. Would you guys recommend any texture packs?

Argus textures look pretty good. I'm not sure if atmosfear comes with its own but you may want to look into that as well

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
If you do end up clearing the Depot out there's an invincible merc who chills at the bar. I'm not sure what he does but he seems ok.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NeoSeeker posted:

If you take a base do you get their trader/mechanic?

One guy from the squad you called in becomes a repair dude and another becomes a guide. I think a map change makes proper traders set up.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
https://mega.co.nz/#!b5VE2aQC!9lBrgLiTDNmnms7jH57kcf0UtUlmD1oDXpyNq6KZJ_g

theres the turret fix.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
If that's the case, then the Bandit base is missing something very important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9wgI6rCbY4

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I mainly just run urchins/fireballs and moonlights, rounded out with a slime/-bleeding and whatever high tier artifacts i run across

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

EvanSchenck posted:

Same. Playing for Defiance I figured that the best bet was an AS VAL with a shotgun backup, and I worked my way to it. A fully upgraded VAL is just unfair. At long range it comes with PSO-1 mount by default and it's pinpoint accurate in single shots, in short range it has good iron sights and low recoil for a high ROF, and with AP 9x39mm you can kill basically anybody in two shots to the body. Plus it's silenced so occasionally bad guys would fail to notice their buddies falling dead all around them. The only HQ attack that gave me trouble was the Mobile Science Lab, because it's in a mostly open area and it was full of Merc snipers with PSG-1s who would just swivel and kill me instantly with one shot any time they could see me for more than 1 second. I had to reload that one a bunch of times.

Even so you're still guaranteed five or six hectic Stalker shootouts in the process of storming everybody's castle, which is pretty fun. You can also refrain from going for the throat and farm fun shootouts. I think if I played again I would probably try for a self-imposed challenge like only using really shoddy kit, like a Mosin-Nagant and a TOZ-34.

Don't talk poo poo about the nugget

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

AHungryRobot posted:

What does getting XP/levels do in the faction wars mod?

You get a choice between two perks. The first one is a choice between seeing the health of Stalkers or mutants when you mouse over them or hit them, and the second one is being able to see stalkers/mutants within 25m on your minimap.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Worn Undergarments (No Skids) [75 RU]

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Measly Twerp posted:

I'm wandering around TFW with a fully upgraded sniper rifle and an exo suit. And it feels good. But yeah, none of the other guns are really notable, shotguns seem to lack the punch to clear rooms let alone clear out mutants.

Instead I've just been shooting the sniper rifle from the hip and taking cover, one shot kills pretty much anyone.

I wish TFW was ported to Lost Alpha, more maps more bases!

What the hell are you talking about, shotguns own in TFW. The super shorty with a side of nugget is all I need to stunt\

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Vorenus posted:

Playing through Limansk is an exercise in masochism.

Clear out the MG nest and grab the MGL and the 40 grenades stashed in a crate.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Go for the true CHEEKI experience and join the Bandits. I was hardly ever in the dark valley when I was doing poo poo for them

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Azran posted:

Got my Survarium invite. :toot: I just realized how goofy the name is.

You see, you need to survive in the terrarium that the planet has become

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Another reason to play TFW: the Deag equip animation is the same as CSGO's

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Is there much of an endgame in TFW? I'm at the point where the only faction left is Clear Sky and I'm wondering if I get an objective to build a throne of wodke on the sarcophagus of the NPP or if it's something I have to do of my own volition.

The VSS also rules, to the point where it makes the game point and click retard whack-a-mole after you upgrade to flatness to be +200%

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Just found an RPK and a Robocop helmet

http://i.imgur.com/BEbe7js.webm

:getin:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
In TFW is it possible to find a person who upgrades stuff outside your faction?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I hope that there's a .44 revolver so I can live out my Bud Dwyer RP to the fullest extent

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Overwined posted:

Finally got around to playing TFW mod and I really like it so far. Finally got enough rep to sign up with Freedom (because they're chill dudes). But poo poo, Bandits are loving everywhere. They have owned the entry zone to the Army Warehouses for ages and the northern exit to the zone always gets me killed by pseudodogs mindfucking me. Is this normal? I can sometimes sneak by to the Garbage, but it's a pain in the rear end.

Look around the base, there should be a rookie willing to join you and soak up fire. If you're having trouble taking a point call a squad from base or a local squad before you start popping off.

Also if you're hard up for cash/good weapons hang out around the base and wait for an army helo to spawn. Some idiot normally gets caught out and eats it.

E: also don't worry about the red forest for now. The garbage has a lot of points to hold so you might be spreading your squads pretty thin but it and the depot work as a hub. Overall it's worth it to take immediately after securing your faction's zone

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 22, 2014

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
You can also hold f and any items inside lockers and drawers will have their names pop up and more often than not you can hoover them up just by being close enough

E:also, if you need 9x19 ammo head to the Scrapyard in the Garbage, head to the watch tower, look up, and shoot the crates

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Use ddraigs version, I'm. P sure it's in the op

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
You're not gonna kill much with bird shot

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
For someone whose Russian vocabulary consists of 'сука блять', how hard of a time would I have with the new OGSE release? Is there anything that would gently caress over a 0.6.9.2 vet due to me not knowing Russian?

e: more like a director's cut if anything
VVVV

Robot Randy fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Jan 30, 2015

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

TheTrend posted:

New and exciting issues!!! So I just merc'ed the merc camp again usuing CoP reborn and Arsenal Overhaul (though I think this is related to the latter) and the scopes on the guns i looted from the bosses are fuuuuuuuucked up.

The first image is me aiming at the door for reference:

the second image is where the scope says I am aiming:

Who can tell me wtf?

Seems to be a resizing problem depending on some graphics stuff. I think I have it fixed but i'm waiting to download the mod all over again. :argh:

You probably didn't install the 16:9 scope textures

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The bandit trader gets good gear, sakharov will still be in the bunker even after you take over too

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
The bandit dude sells exos for sure, how many resource points do you hold?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
There's a tracksuit, the Kleibold koat, and then I think a faction specific berill for the bandits, then exo. If you need more resources try taking over freedom or wherever else you have available, you might just be 1 or 2 away from the next tier.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Dvsilverwing posted:

Do actual faction bases count as resources, or do you actually need to put a squad up into the little blue circle territories?

Yeah, they do. I think the only one that's weird is the hangar in garbage, where it's only counted as a base. IMO you should shoot for bases/resources over controlling the zones to get in/out of places, since they'll give you a huge boost to the amount squads you're able to field, as well as their gear and combat effectiveness.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Dvsilverwing posted:

But you don't get money for putting squads into those zones, right? The only way to get money from capturing is to go for the areas marked with objectives it seems. Does just calling in reinforcements into those resource zones count as controlling them?

If they're stationed at the point, yes. You don't get more money but you get more squads to back up and send out, and you'll be rollin in the dough p quick

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
If anyone else wants to hop on the Cheeki Breeki CS train, here's a link for my account. I'm not sure how many people it's good for, so first come first serve I guess.

https://account.survarium.com/en/referal/967C72DE5270FF5

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Dvsilverwing posted:

Kiparis OP.

What levels and ranks for the factions are you all? I just hit level 12 and I have full Scavenger/Black Market, First Sergeant in Renaissance Army, and about 400 rep away from Huntsman in Fringe Settlers. Some of the missions really suck, getting grenade kills is annoying because they are severely underpowered and the steal an enemy battery is super frustrating, I usually have to drop down to way low tier gear to get it.

Low tier is the best, it's just a bunch of jackasses in sweaters running around with surplus WWII weaponry.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Swartz posted:

Just thought I'd post a cool new thing Bangalore did that does the following:
1) Greatly reduces microstutter in the game
2) Decreases lag caused by lua files
3) Increased memory ceiling before a crash

http://www.mediafire.com/download/15brgil3s1z47rs/lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll

It works with CS and COP. Make sure you back up your original lua.JIT.1.1.4.dll.

Cantaloupe posted:

Can somebody post a copy of this, the link in the OP is set to private.

quotin for new page

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
New post so people see it:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ

This is the new location of the optimized .dll.

You'll want to download the EXPERIMENTAL_latest .rar, back up shiny.dll and JIT.1.1.4.dll, and and copy the optimized .dlls from the resources folder.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Arsenal Overhaul is p cool, been having a lot of fun so far. Is there any way to harvest parts from mutants?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

I haven't played the latest update yet (it just came out yesterday/today or something) but the readme says you can harvest mutant parts. In other mods, this amounts to just walking up to the mutant and pressing the loot button (default F) like you would with a stalker's corpse. Then enjoy the flesh eyeballs and dog tails.

I've been trying that but whenever I'm standing on top of one I don't get a prompt and nothing happens when I hit F.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I was able to skip hauling around a 15kg tank of bullshit

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Misery owns bc you can smoke a doob to stop controllers from loving with you :2bong:

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
its still TFW, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
NA servers just went up for Surviviviarium if anyone has been holding out