Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

ArfJason posted:

So I already did a mad dash into the chernobyl nuclear power plant, but these monolith assholes keep one shotting me cause I'm almost completely out of armor.
Is there a way to cheat yourself some armor or something? I honestly don't like this whole Quickload every 10 seconds thing right now.

Nevermind, just soldiered on and finished the game. I'm really surprised how short the game is, not taking into account sidequests or going out of your way for stashes or artifacts. I'm disappointed in how useless money was, I ended the game with like 400k and not much to spend it on other than ammo for the g17 or whatever that gun was.
Also the ending was loving terrible, or at least the one I got if there are multiple ones. The Marked One wished for money, which seemed way too out of character, since the whole thing was about finding Strelok and what happened to you before they found you unconscious. Got no closure and it didn't make much sense. Did the money I had accumulated play a factor into deciding the ending I got?
Other than that, game was excellent, and I'm gonna install the complete mod and replay through it, knowing how short it is.

Yeah there are multiple endings, and if I remember correctly they are triggered by different little things that you don't really pay much attention to during the game. Yours for instance was probably triggered by having so much unspent cash so the game thought you were playing greedy, even if it is super easy to become the richest man in Eastern Europe after two hours. Some others include wishing yourself to rule the world if you killed the duty and freedom leaders, or wishing the zone to disappear if you had good reputation ect. And even these aren't the "TRUE ENDING":heysexy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Can anyone tell where you can go to survive blowouts in Lost Alpha? When one started I was hanging out with the SIN guys in the cordon when a blowout started, on the map their little shack had the shelter icon over it so I thought it was safe. Nope, died. I had to go back to a previous save because my save always gave me about twenty seconds till the blowout so I never managed to get away in time.

I got another blowout when I was deep in the underground corridors under the anomaly field in the train bridge tunnel, I figured I'm underground so it's all good right? Nope died.

And went into the metal factory with the icon and died there from blowout despite the shelter icon too.

Oh and I'm using Ddraig's addon with latest patch if that makes any difference.

OhGreatAGinger fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 25, 2015

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

Discussion> Games> S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: we may never solve the mystery of the doggles

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
So I keep getting a CTD when I reach the area west of the bar in the great metal where you first see snorks, it doesn't generate an xray engine error message or anything, just straight to desktop. Anyone else had this problem? I'm playing Lost Alpha with Ddraig's latest patch btw.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
First time encountering snorks on LA so I'm not sure yet. I was doing the quest where you get the family rifle back for the guy at the bar, I managed to accomplish it by steering clear of that general area with the snorks if that's any help.

No saurons eye, just had two sparklers in my belt. Wasn't zombified either.

Didn't have any problem with the one burer I encountered while searching for Strelok's stash underground.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
So I got another crash. Every time I try to enter lab X14 in Rostok Factory on Lost Alpha with Ddraig's mod, gives me this error report:

Expression : ovi->rate==44100
Function : CSoundRender_Source::LoadWave
File : SoundRender_Source_loader.cpp
Line : 71
Description : Invalid source rate:
Arguments : c:\program files (x86)\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - lost alpha\gamedata\sounds\detectors\da-2_noise1_loop.ogg

Exception Reason
XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Lost Alpha\bins\xrCore.dll" at 0023:73384188, xrDebug::backend()+168 byte(s)

Damnit Stalker LA, can't you see I'm trying to tell you I love you!

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

Swartz posted:

*Edit*: Except for OhGreatAGinger. That sounds like they forgot to save that particular file in the proper format for the game. If you know how to edit Xray ogg files go ahead and re-comment it, otherwise tell Team Dezowave that they're incompetent.

Well, if it's a problem with the format it might actually be an oops by Ddraig as the gamedata folder doesn't exist for a standard install of Lost Alpha without installing his mod.

Removing the file in question allowed X14 to load without crashing. Though if you or anyone wouldn't mind, how would one go about editing Xray ogg files? Not knowing how important that file is, just taking it out feels a bit like pulling out a random tube in a car engine... or at least the car's radio.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Ugh, so I hope I'm not making GBS threads up the thread too much by constant bug reporting but... I've got another CTD in Countryside (Lost Alpha, Ddraig's mod patched) while approaching the old church to find the guy that knows another entrance to X16.

Checked the log this time and found this at the bottom:

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CModelPool::Instance_Load
[error]File : ..\xrRender\ModelPool.cpp
[error]Line : 117
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't find model file 'actors\unic\stalker_drunk.ogf'.

Also I might add since I assume it's a Ddraig added item, the CYSTA Exosuit has no textures when being worn(in 3rd person view).

Also, I love you.

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012

Ddraig posted:

Here you go buddy:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eqjix7hiq68db5u/gamedata.7z

Should fix the crash and add a nice new texture to your scientist's exo.

I love you too :glomp:

Aww, you're my everyday valentine!

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
So... got another one! Happens about two seconds after loading into X16 every time.

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CInifile::r_section
[error]File : Xr_ini.cpp
[error]Line : 499
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : Can't open section 'bolt_anim_sci(det_artefact_none)'

File doesn't look familiar though, could this be a vanilla bug?

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Another crash(Lost Alpha, Ddraigs mod) it seems is caused by controllers, and only when they detect/try to attack me. In other words, if I see them and they can't see me, everything is fine and I kill them from afar no problem. If they see me and begin to engage me however, the game crashes without generating an error report, it also doesn't seem to say anything about it in the logs either. Most notably this has occured in x16 when you have to shut off the giant brain, and Radar after finding Nomad's shack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
If I remember correctly, he's in the basement.