Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Robin: (Boringly, chewing on a piece of white bread with mayo spread on it) I'm really sad that I'm a ghost, and can only be seen for Regina guilt purposes. I guess I'll just stand here and flex my ghost muscles, and talk in my accent, with sadness and regret, and muscle flexing.

Zelina: *winking*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I am riffing this episode out loud like a goddamn champ and my wife is away with friends so there is nobody to hear it, this is the worst.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Bahaha. A few hours to go for me, but now I'm really looking forward to this!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

As a family, the Charmings could really stand to learn that swords are not a weapon that you throw at people.

e: I can't believe there was nobody hear to hear me respond to Morpheus's "Hello mother. Hello father." with "Here I am at Camp Granada."

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 5, 2016

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Wow, Regina went from very clever to deeply brain-damaged in about three seconds. Seriously. SQUEALING IN EXCITEMENT at dwarves?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rumple goes from "one of the aliens in Galaxy Quest" to Achenar from Myst in like 4 seconds in this episode.

Bicyclops fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Dec 5, 2016

cailleask
May 6, 2007

MARCH?! That's like forever!

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Also what the hell. Robin. Ruining everything, as usual. Regina was barely rubbing two braincells together by the end there, but ugh then even those kicked the bucket at the end. So lame.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Dammit Barry.

I like how everyone keeps arguing about not knowing where Emma went, as if any of them could possibly know where a magical genie magicked her off to. Not to mention that it should have been pretty obvious anyway just from the content of the wish.

Ahahaha Regina just wished to be sent to the same place as Emma instead of just wishing Emma back.

Henry's first move as a knight is to chuck his sword at the queen.

They sure are being cavalier about this alternate world; how does Regina know it's fake? She sure is Westworlding it up here.

jazz babies
Mar 7, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

"Oh, hey, look at that. The Once Upon A Time thread has a ton of new posts and its Monday. I stopped watching a few weeks ago but looks like something major and pretty exciting happened last night. I should check and see if its something that interests me to start watching again."

Opens thread.

"Oh."

Me, right this second.

I miss clever Regina. She just seems to be giving up so easily now. :(

jazz babies fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Dec 5, 2016

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Argue posted:

Dammit Barry.

I like how everyone keeps arguing about not knowing where Emma went, as if any of them could possibly know where a magical genie magicked her off to. Not to mention that it should have been pretty obvious anyway just from the content of the wish.

Ahahaha Regina just wished to be sent to the same place as Emma instead of just wishing Emma back.
That was addressed. Apparently there is a clause that "wishes cannot be undone".

Also laughing at the idiot king Charming for "I wish the evil queen gets everything she deserves".

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Binary Logic posted:

That was addressed. Apparently there is a clause that "wishes cannot be undone".

Also laughing at the idiot king Charming for "I wish the evil queen gets everything she deserves".

Well the Evil Queen turned into a snake in a cage and Regina met Robin again, so... maybe that's meant to be the proper output? Still dumb. He even made his dumb face while he did it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I know they'll never be together, that the writers aren't intentionally queer baiting, but damnit, Emma was singing, "Someday My Prince Will Come," and Regina comes in to save her :sparkles:

...and then Robin comes in and ruins it.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I love that she still married Neil, who is somehow still the same age and in the Enchanted Forest, in the alternate Universe, and that he's still dead.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???

Bicyclops posted:

I love that she still married Neil, who is somehow still the same age and in the Enchanted Forest, in the alternate Universe, and that he's still dead.

Out of all the dumb plot holes, this one bothered me the most. If Neil/Baelfire never left the enchanted forest then Rumple's dumb curse would've never existed, so why is it still a thing?

Edit: Wait if Fake Rumple could get a magic bean that easily then he never needed the curse in the first place to get to our world, but if Neil never left, then why leave? And why not just use the magic bean himself if he's so salty about Fake Regina loving up his curse that made no sense? :psyduck:

a computer ghost fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Dec 6, 2016

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Adel posted:

Edit: Wait if Fake Rumple could get a magic bean that easily then he never needed the curse in the first place to get to our world, but if Neil never left, then why leave? And why not just use the magic bean himself if he's so salty about Fake Regina loving up his curse that made no sense? :psyduck:

:lol: I hadn't even thought of the fact that the Magic Bean eliminates his entire weird-rear end plan

cailleask
May 6, 2007

I saw this elsewhere on the internet, and... yes. We have officially found the king of all lampshading.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Pan Dulce posted:

I know they'll never be together, that the writers aren't intentionally queer baiting, but damnit, Emma was singing, "Someday My Prince Will Come," and Regina comes in to save her :sparkles:

...and then Robin comes in and ruins it.

I suddenly realize that I really want some Utena style OUaT fanart.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Are you me?

Also I have a buddy who kills it in that classic shoujou style. Maybe it's time I ask him a favour. There's Utena art he made framed on my wall with a bunch of dry rosepetals, poo poo is boss.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I would very much enjoy that

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
A sweet summer child who lost her parents at a young age and fights to do what is good meets a mysterious, demonized witch who slowly learns to become her own person...

Nope, I don't see the resemblance at all :v:

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

esperterra posted:

Are you me?

Also I have a buddy who kills it in that classic shoujou style. Maybe it's time I ask him a favour. There's Utena art he made framed on my wall with a bunch of dry rosepetals, poo poo is boss.

If nothing else you should totally post a pic of the piece you have, that sounds rad.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Dresh posted:

If nothing else you should totally post a pic of the piece you have, that sounds rad.

Yes please! You all are the best.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Fat old drunk Hook made my night. The rest was pretty meh, but my god did I enjoy fat old Hook.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

It went back to season one hopefulness and flashbacks about hope, which was nice. I also love how subtle they are about the direction Robin Hood got. "Yeah, we know we hosed up, so here's a hard reset. No data on this new Robin."

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The Robin thing is... weird. Wonder if they'll remember he used to have a son, that's gonna be awkward.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

cailleask posted:

Fat old drunk Hook made my night. The rest was pretty meh, but my god did I enjoy fat old Hook.

Yup. I also liked Robby Carlyse's acting but JESUS CHRIST at the idea that he can do anything that should make Belle want to spend time with him any time soon.

Also: did Pinocchio need... like... a moment alone with himself? What the hell was up with his odd, euphoric satisfaction with "[his] father's tools"? I kept expecting him to flex his muscles and wink every half sentence.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Yup. I also liked Robby Carlyse's acting but JESUS CHRIST at the idea that he can do anything that should make Belle want to spend time with him any time soon.

Also: did Pinocchio need... like... a moment alone with himself? What the hell was up with his odd, euphoric satisfaction with "[his] father's tools"? I kept expecting him to flex his muscles and wink every half sentence.

Right? Belle seemed high on something because she just didn't seem to give a crap about anything that happened - especially for a woman who gave birth what, like last week?

Also can we take a minute to mourn that apparently today we received our last ever Lily Sparks review? End of an era, man. Now where will I get my amazing memes from?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

cailleask posted:

Also can we take a minute to mourn that apparently today we received our last ever Lily Sparks review?

What?

no

please no

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I am heartbroken

looks like she got a better job though so kudos to her

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

There are rumors this is going to be the last season, anyway. I guess there comes a point where the increasing cost of paying actors to continue a show that has already solidly hit the syndication number to continue in its time slot.

I do wonder if they're going to try to find some replacement that takes a sort of sideways look at the Disney brand way of fairy tales, but maybe they've sort of given up on that in favor of flat-out remakes like the Beauty and the Beast movie and Duck Tales reboot.

cailleask
May 6, 2007

I was hoping she would stick around for that supposed musical episode later this season, at the very least. It's sure to be ridiculous and I was so looking forward to her taking it apart with sassy memes.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Bicyclops posted:

I am riffing this episode out loud like a goddamn champ and my wife is away with friends so there is nobody to hear it, this is the worst.

That's what I've been doing and my dogs think I'm a nutter. I got bashed to poo poo in this thread a while back for mentioning that Belle looks pretty silly being all fat in flashbacks and it throws you off the plot because it looks so incongruous and dumb.

I laugh at every special effect and every over-speechified moment. It's like they're on a stage and trying to emote for the people in the way back. It's friggin' hilarious and the plots make ZERO sense and just go around in circles and I definitely hate-watch it for the comedy and the Self-MST3K dialogue that goes on in my head. I was actually kind of weirded out by the vehement chick-love of OBVIOUSLY horrible camp actresses trying to make this poo poo-pile of writing work at all. I kind of think this is just a thread where a lot of bad-taste lesbians want to watch some chicks be strong or make out or something, because they obviously have no idea what makes a compelling TV show whatsoever. :black101:

Ruh-roh?? :laffo:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

DoggPickle posted:

That's what I've been doing and my dogs think I'm a nutter. I got bashed to poo poo in this thread a while back for mentioning that Belle looks pretty silly being all fat in flashbacks and it throws you off the plot because it looks so incongruous and dumb.

You were bashed to poo poo for a good loving reason.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Ahh OUAT thread, you are so my frienemy. And I kinda love you for it. :dance:

cailleask
May 6, 2007

Gnossiennes posted:

You were bashed to poo poo for a good loving reason.

Seriously. I can't fathom why you keep reminding us of it like a point of pride or something? There's not all that many people here.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Like you could probably find a more popular show's thread to own yourself over and over again in the same weirdly specific way.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Holy poo poo, that's hosed up. So now, not only did you sleep with the woman who would eventually be the mother to your ex-baby daddy, but you killed your love's grandfather too.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bicyclops posted:

There are rumors this is going to be the last season, anyway. I guess there comes a point where the increasing cost of paying actors to continue a show that has already solidly hit the syndication number to continue in its time slot.

I've heard they might be rebooting it if it continues next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Oh good, a last season reboot, that'll work out.

• Locked thread