Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I was just thinking about a story I've had in my head for a while, and a part of it involves giant, inhabited trees. I was doing this as I was generating a new medium sized world, since I think Small sized worlds are just too small with all of the new biomes... Anyway, the first thing I see in this new world is a giant goddamn hollowed out tree. Below there's an entire goddamn dungeon. I don't know how common this is with 1.2, but I'm excited at the idea of having a literal tree-base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The halloween stuff is neat, but does anybody have a good ichor farming strategy? Just getting the right mob to spawn in the wild is a loving feat in and of itself for me, and I want the Golden Shower without resorting to cheating.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Terraria is really served by playing friends, if you're going to kill/grind on the bosses. Building arenas take half as long, bosses die faster, etc.

Even with just one other person, running things out of hamachi and all that, it's a much better game this way.

I'd probably be angrier about the grind if I had to do it alone, but I don't. You shouldn't, either.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

dijon du jour posted:

Well WHOOP DE DOO look at Mister Popular over here ohh look at me everyone I'm Mister Popular I have friends that I can play video games with lah de dah aren't I just so very special. :mad:

I'm starting over since my characters weren't saved when I uninstalled apparently, but I'll play terraria with you if you want :)

Super Space Jam 64 posted:

I see a lot of people gurgling about difficulty or hardmode bosses or whatever every day in this thread but Terraria is fantastic and it's developers are agile and make great stuff, if you want a legit bad game to complain about might I recommend the Starbound thread?

What's wrong with Starbound? I haven't played in a while but it was perfectly serviceable last time I played it. Terraria in space.

Riot Bimbo fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 2, 2014

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Well, using allowed in-game methods isn't the same as inventory editing on a fundamental level. I was pretty annoyed at some of the changes that followed 1.2. Nothing I didn't get over but valid in-game strategies that got removed arbitrarily is not the same as outright cheating. Some parts of this game aren't in a great spot mechanically. Like I said in my last post, multiplayer is really good in this game and makes it a lot better if you have a world you can share with one or two other people, and this is how I shrug and get over some of Redigit's stupid changes, as his anti-fun nerfs to things and bullet sponge enemies matter less when you have a crew to slaughter them with.

It's okay to disagree with redigit, and since there's no apparent rhyme or reason to it beyond him just not liking something, he's managed to piss off plenty of people with his weird little nerfs to player choice when it comes to dealing with his spongey bosses.

I'm still excited for 1.3 and this is a new conversation for me, just saying that he's done annoying things and comparing those nerfed things to inventory and memory editing is insane.

• Locked thread