Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Ashsaber posted:

Okay, there's definitely something off with how suitable NPC housing is determined now. I just went back to my old worlds and noticed an NPC moved, and the room they used to stay in was deemed unsuitable, despite nothing changing. So I put down a table and a chair, and added another torch, and it was still seen as unsuitable. Any idea what's changed?

Seems to be some really goofy poo poo with accessibility to the outdoors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Man, I never realized how amazing the waterbolt is against goblin armies. :psyduck: Two or three bolts with just bounce and bounce between a cluster of them, leaving nothing behind but a trail of carnage, coins, and caltrops.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Fewd posted:

What is this approximate distance by the way? I have no idea how far they spawn, I've just been building on "this probably be far enough" gut feeling.

Where did you get that pretty green wood? :allears:

I think it's just painted wood? One of the shades of green. Really want some of those shackled skeleton wall ornaments.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Raskolnikov posted:

I love reading this thread and feeling pretty cool with my demonite pick and you guys are talking about rainbow bricks, unicorns and other crazy crap.

I'm right there with ya, just beat the Brain and feel pretty good about my progression. v:shobon:v Dunno, haven't had time to just play for hours on end though and honestly since I'm just waiting for Starbound, the more time I can waste on this the better.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Saxophone posted:

I've really liked the idea of underground bases and I certainly don't mind digging, but the hammering out the dirt with a hammer part of it is the worst. Is this still a thing?

Yeah if your base isn't deep enough there will be dirt walls to be hammered.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Supposedly they drop from cavebats at like 1/2500. :negative:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Geomancing posted:

Well, trip report so far in Hard Mode. Destroyer was pretty easy with my Mushroom Spear, especially once I got some better armor. The Twins completely ripped me apart the couple of times they spawned at night. Only seen one Eclipse and I was deep underground at the time, so no idea what that entailed since it didn't seem to change anything down there.

Killed the ice golem miniboss during a blizzard probably a dozen times trying to get a complete set of Frost Armor. Had six legs and five chestplates before a helmet dropped. Got two pirate maps while trying to get a diving helmet during a blood moon, but haven't used them.

While gathering chlorophyte to make some Turtle/Chloro armor, I managed to get a Jungle Key. Made a new world to find the box there and get the Piranha Gun, because screw trying that while the dungeon's in Hard Mode. Used the Piranha Gun to chew Plantera's face off, entered the Temple, found out I had gotten that bug where the Altar doesn't spawn, so no Golem for me.

Used the Piranha Gun to kill the Twins; spent most of the fight just flying in circles avoiding fire and lasers. Easy but boring. That's basically what Plantera was like too; didn't try to take it up to the surface.

All in all, I think I like the pre-Hard-Mode gameplay more. I definitely like exploring more than just pure combat. I wish I could, upon killing the Wall of Flesh, drop my base and all my NPCs into a new world where I don't know where anything is and I have to investigate and explore all over again.

I think I'm just going to make a new character and world and just take it slow, build more decorative buildings and whatnot. The Hard Mode stuff just feels like throwing myself at a wall sometimes, hard to tell if you're really making progress at points.

You could probably just generate a new world, build at least the minimal requirements for the NPCs to live in, and enable them all in T-Edit before you get to exploring the place.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Logan 5 posted:

Just keep building. The entire surface, all castle :v:

Fuuuuck, now I'm going to have to redecorate.

Oh yeah, and if my Pirate can live in a pirate ship, my Cyborg is going to live in its natural habitat:

This has to be the coolest building I've seen yet. :allears:

Did the Honey Balloon get removed? Tried the wiki recipe for it and nothing, while the guide also has nothing for it from the Shiny Red balloon or the Honey Comb.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

20 worlds and only one drat living tree that actually had an underground tunnel. No living tree wand. :negative:

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Akett posted:

I think the drops for the immunity accessories are slightly screwy for the dudes who can drop two of the things. I've had pixies drop both the speed clock and the megaphone at the same time four times now. I think it uses one roll for the probability and both items use that one roll.

Yeah I had this happen as well, never gotten the clock or megaphone by themselves, only in pairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

Sandstone is probably my favorite building material, and the walls look great if you mix them with the grass walls the Dryad sells, gives it a sort of overgrown ruins feeling. Normally I'm not very creative and build :effort: style towers, but I'm pretty happy with my layout so far, probably turn it into a floating pyramid, Laputa style castle, or maybe even a Jedi Temple, I haven't decided yet.

Yeah I've been using the flower tiles inside of my giant tree, definitely adds some nice variety! Really like how it looks with the sandstone, might have to steal that.

• Locked thread