Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Very first chest in the Temple

:getin:

Edit: Now shown: A flying turtle pet from a Jungle shrine.
:neckbeard:

Have to leave it unequipped because it looks like it's constantly attacking, though.

This update makes everything feel so new and awesome.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Oct 4, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

and

The pre-hardmode version of "What is the ground?".

I refuse to admit how many hours I spent collecting all of the items for those. :negative:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Frost Armor + Repeater + Jester Arrows is the easiest way to beat Destroyer in early hard-mode. That 1-damage tick affects every single link you hit.

You can then use the bars to make a Drax and mine Chlorophyte to fight the other bosses.

E: Also, making a full arena with every Heart Statue you currently have linked with a timer makes boss fights much easier early on. Each statue will drop one heart every ten seconds for 20 hp each.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I'm lazy and just spam the poo poo out of flares everywhere. They last until you exit the world and even stay lit underwater! A stack of them costs next to nothing.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Straight off the Wiki (Here)

Based off World Size the minimum spawn heights are:
Small 360ft
Medium 640ft
Large 850ft

My own house which reaches up into the 550ish on Medium hasn't ever seen a Wyvern, so all that should be decently accurate.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Terrafirma would probably work pretty well for what you want. Also supports full color lighting.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
I actually wish flowing water would transport items like Minecraft so even more lazy automation could be done.

Dart Traps + Actuators work well enough, though.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Melee is perfectly valid up until you hit Wall of Flesh and Hardmode. Then it becomes pretty much useless outside of the Mushroom Spear to poke things through walls.

Would also highly suggest mining up some Meteorite to make a Space Gun and Meteor Armour, it's pretty hilariously powerful pre-HM.

v: Why would you use a Fire Gauntlet over a Destroyer Emblem? The knockback from the gauntlets are meh, and the loss of crit in exchange for 1 damage fire isn't the best trade off.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 3, 2013

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Chug an Iron Skin and a Regen potion if you don't feel confident, but yeah, you shouldn't have any problem with that setup.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

Well doesn't want 15 Pumpkings at once instead of just 10?

I made the horrible, horrible mistake of setting MaxSpawns to 50 and SpawnRate to 1 during a Pumpkin Moon with TShock. I really should have taken a screen of the face of pure horror as all the Pumpkings hovered over each other.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Use TShock and set SpawnTime to 1 and MaxSpawns to 500. You'll have all the ichor you could ever want in under a minute! (You'll probably also be dead without Vamp Knives, but that's the fun!)

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

mr. mephistopheles posted:

I set up an afk farm on one map to get a Hallowed Key Mold. So far it's been like a week and nothing, but for some reason every time a fairy drops a clock it also drops a megaphone as well, and they drop at a rate substantially higher than the 1% they are supposedly set at.

I did get my first Unicorn on a Stick this morning though.

Download TShock and set up a private server with your farm map. Turn the spawn rate down to 1 and the limit up to 1000 or something else insane. You'll get that mold within 5 minutes or so.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
That's a piece of Crimtane Ore which means you have a Crimson Biome In your world! It also drops from the pre-Hardmode bosses which makes it much easier to get.

e: ^:argh:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Also, even if you die, another Bulb will spawn afterwards. On a small map there should usually be ~4 bulbs up at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

graynull posted:

I wish there were world gen options available. I'd love to be able to pick my ores, crimson or corruption, number of floating islands, etc. I like starting on a snow biome, but it takes a whole lot of rerolling worlds to get one with snow pretty centrally located. I know I tried a castaway world once where I relocated the spawn point and the guide to the coast, but there just wasn't enough ocean biome/palm trees to build a cool palm fishing hut and dock. A worldwrap mod would also be great, but probably not possible.

TEdit is pretty easy to use, and very powerful if you want to create your own maps.

• Locked thread