Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

New Terraria update? Woop!

I should probably update my old (made 2 years ago, sheesh) castle with all the new trimmings

and some older iterations

hopefully the world file is still hanging around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

In the dungeon in my current world, there was a King Statue right in the path of a dart trap.

I lost half my NPCs on my first hardmode trip before I realized what the gently caress was happening. :downs:

How do you actually GET an above-ground Mushroom Biome anyway, short of steampunk shenanigans that I can't afford since Redigit fixed all the easy money glitches?

Can you still make a crab engine?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSlzAndAZAQ

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Ashsaber posted:

:argh: Damnit game, start genning a world I can actually use!:argh:

I'm looking for a world with crimson and snow biomes for my singleplayer game so I can do the new hardmode content, but the one stipulation I've set other than biome presence is pissing me off to fufill. Who knew it was so hard to get a small world where the jungle isn't immediately eaten by the crimson?

Is there some way for me to give you my world seed? I have what you want in a small world

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Where do you get teleporter pads?

*edit: Nevermind, the steampunker sells them. It just wasn't in the Wiki for teleporter

Dr. Fraiser Chain fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 6, 2013

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I did it by making a long dirt path through the under world. I beat him using a mix of the Demon Scythe spell and meteorite armor with a space blaster.

I made a new building world after converting my first to hardmode. It isn't hardmode yet as I have a lot of building to do, but I did spend several hours today making an above ground mushroom farm complete with house for the mushroom guy. Its not fully decorated yet as I need to get a lot of furniture and vanity decorations yet. I can say that I am glad I have some hardmode gear because the above ground mushroom area spawns some nasty poo poo even when not in hardmode.

Are there better ways top make screenshots or am I stuck printscreening and using an image mashing program to capture an area?

edit: yeah I can take single screenshots but to take in a whole area I guess I just have to take a ton and use a program to stitch them together.

Welp here is what I am working on atm.

Dr. Fraiser Chain fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Oct 7, 2013

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Well here is a dumb thing I am doing. I mined myself into the hardmode underground crimson below a lava pool. I enclosed myself in wood along with a small wooden platform to get to drops. The crimson scepter, when cast at the wood ground, will deal damage below the wood. Pair this with the seeming inability of flying gross to fly through the wood at you, and the lava pool above you, stuff just dies for you to loot.

This is nice find since I accidentally lost my mythril pick and had to mine another ;/

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

You could give bosses a debuff to prevent life steal every so often during a fight.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

TwystNeko posted:

So I've just gotten to hardmode on my main world. I managed to get a frost staff, which is making things manageable right now. However, I can't find a demon altar for the life of me. Crimson ones are broken right now, and can't be destroyed at all. :(

Any tips for finding altars?

If you have crimson in your world all of your altars will be the crimson one. You are using the pwnhammer from the wall of flesh to break then right?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I dropped a jungle key on my first foray into the hardmode jungle. I peed all over a wasp for it. Now where is the chest to use it? In the dungeon? Can I use it in a easy mode world?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Well I finally got my first hardmode boss kill through sheer luck on skeleton prime. I had just died attempting to cheese the dungeon for specter gear. So I respawn at my base when skeleton prime awakens. I have no health and he is right on top of me. I wanted to heal at the nurse and run up to my rigged platform but I needed time. So I drop down my hell-evator with him following me. After I get some space I mirror home, hit the nurse and run to my platform. Well skeleton comes back with only one arm, the one with the little pincer. I shoot my piranha gun at him and dodge until it finally eats him. Totally cheesed!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Dana Crysalis posted:

Bone Lee makes me furiously angry, because they are rare as hell, and I *still* need a Black Belt drop from them. uuugh.

You could have mine if you really want one.

That said I got that piranha gun from a jungle chest before I got into the hardmode dungeon. Which saved me a lot of trouble with necromancers and those dumb flame trident guys. The piranha would attach itself to them and then follow them as they attempt to teleport away. Hit them once with the piranha and they were toast!

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I like the note on the wiki about the sword frostbrand. "It may be a reference to the sword of Arthas from world of Warcraft universe.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

It can be empty air as long as it is greater then 3 tiles.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Well a crash corrupted the world file I was using as my city build which is a bummer. I wasn't that far along as I only just now unlocked the teleporter, which I will need to accomplish my goal. So I want to take a shortcut this time: use TEdit. However the hosting for the file appears to be all messed up. Does anyone know of a mirror for the TEdit download?

Edit: think its an issue with adblock

Dr. Fraiser Chain fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Oct 10, 2013

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Ssthalar posted:

Edit: /\/\/\ That's a pretty cool idea!

Yar!

That is a sweet pirate house

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Mental Midget posted:

I'm at the point where I have full meteorite armor and a space gun. Phase 2 of Brain keeps owning me though. Any tips on how to easily take him down phase 2? The best weapons I have are the Crimson sword, crimson bow, and space gun. It just seems that on phase 2 he keeps disappearing and warping on top of me instantly without giving me room to move or attack/shoot him.

I've only been summoning him underground so far though by breaking 3 heats in a row. Any tips on ways I can summon him on my terms so that Im not underground in cramped caves when I fight him?

You can make a summoning item out of vertebra dropped by stuff in the crimson. Give the guide a vertebra and he will tell you the full recipe. The only thing being you need to be at one of those meat altars to craft it but those are usually all over the area where you smash the hearts. When you use the item you will summon the brain as long as you are in the crimson biome. That way you can build an arena above ground to fight it on your terms

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Verviticus posted:

I think I've looked at about 50 living trees and zero of them have had anything underneath. Is it really rare?

I've probably had more trees with stuff underneath then not. Sounds like a terrible streak of bad luck

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Edwhirl posted:

I'm at the extreme right edge of the map, right above the lava pools in the underworld.

Maybe too close to the edge? Just guessing at this point

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Is there no cooldown on the spiked ball traps? If not then you could run a bird engine and that would be ridiculous

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

watho posted:

I finally got the Ankh Shield. Only had to grind for the Nazar, Blindfold and Vitamins but it was still a pain. Nazar was probably worst.

The nazar is where I am at in making the ankh shield. Those enemies are so rare that it is a huge pain. How did you manage it?

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

I looked up the Nymph on the wiki because I have never heard of that mob. I swear someone has to be trolling the trivia section, they are so DUMB

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Mental Midget posted:

Gah, I spawned a new world for Wall of Flesh farming, and forgot you need the guide to be alive to kill it after the first time. If I build a house for the now non-existent guide, will he eventually spawn, or do I need to generate a new world and build the house before I kill the guide the first time?

He won't spawn during nighttime. Which might be a thing if you hanging out in hell waiting for him to show up so you can start your fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Verviticus posted:

They drop violet dye.

I think they are more likely pre hardmode. I got a few show up on a new easy mode jungle

• Locked thread