Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

A name means nothing on the battlefield. After a week, no one has a name.
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

Well, just figured out how to dupe gold chests on accident. Somehow I managed to do this -

Which ended up letting me "remove" it infinitely with my pickaxe. Can't try to fix the block that broke things, chest is stuck there forever, endlessly replicating.

e:An entire stack sells for just short of 10 gold. Gold's always seemed to get worthless really quick though, so :shrug:
Interesting. It would be nice if someone could figure out how to do this reliably, even though it seems like it'd be way slower than the old gold chest duplication method which could fill your inventory in under 10 seconds. The main use for gold in this game is to reforge items in order to get the best possible modifiers. And that takes A LOT of gold.

For now, maybe I'll just do some multiplayer character duplication shenanigans to double my gold 10 times or so. That should get me to around 30 platinum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

need more gold

Fun tip: you can use the hammer on metal bar stacks to make them half-height!

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone here tried the iOS version? How does it stack up? Does it include the v1.2 content?

Anony Mouse
Jan 30, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Blind Duke posted:

I hope they scale down all the bullet hell in the game currently post-hardmode

at some point there's nothing for skill and all for just getting the right equipment necessary to survive
Yeah the combat is lame as hell when it inevitably becomes a SHMUP where you fly around trying to dodge dozens of projectiles while you sink your ranged weapon/spell of choice into enemies.

I still love the hell out of this game though and I'm super impressed that they have continued updating it this long... FOR FREE. I wish I could give them MORE of my money so I usually buy a few copies when it goes on sale to gift to poor saps who don't have it yet. Over 139 hours into this game and I'll probably put another 20+ in when 1.3 drops.

• Locked thread