Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I don't know if this was covered, but another episode is titled "The Secret Origin of Felicity Smoak".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That episode used to be called Oracle.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Closing of the penultimate episode: HOLY poo poo IM SO GLAD MERLYN LIVED.

Five minutes later: Oh.

That said, I'm loving how distraught Thea is over her dad acting like a super dorky dad. Super dorky ninja dad.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I click the next episode button but it's not there what is going on.

I don't know if it's just that I haven't watched television shows like it in a while but this show redefines what I think that sort of production is capable of. It is just so good. The city in chaos bit was just great. And there were so many shots where it's like, okay, I'm assuming this was faked computer stuff, but it still looks great, so uh... great.

Also as silly as I thought most of the island stuff was this year, they brought it around to somewhere even better than the magic tanker did at the start.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The CW has a relatively tiny production budget - a friend of mine in the industry guessed that the production costs for Arrow (not including guest stars) is probably a quarter of the size of a cheaper episode of Agents of Shield.

It is incredible how well they stretch that budget.

I can't wait for others to see that same pragmatism applied to the Flash: the pilot largely sets out great special effects at the cost of cheap looking sets. Which, like Arrow, is a sacrifice more than worth making.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Narcissus1916 posted:

The CW has a relatively tiny production budget - a friend of mine in the industry guessed that the production costs for Arrow (not including guest stars) is probably a quarter of the size of a cheaper episode of Agents of Shield.

It is incredible how well they stretch that budget.

I can't wait for others to see that same pragmatism applied to the Flash: the pilot largely sets out great special effects at the cost of cheap looking sets. Which, like Arrow, is a sacrifice more than worth making.

Decent acting & writing will always go a long way towards making a production work. Compare stage productions - they certainly don't get to have photorealistic sets and special effects, and they made that work for hundreds of years.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
What do you mean the Starling Police Department doesn't also double as their metro station

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BrianWilly posted:

What do you mean the Starling Police Department doesn't also double as their metro station

Thank God I'm practically blind or I would notice things like this.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Just watched this show over the last few weeks and it was awesome. Completely unexpected. Just skimmed through this thread over the last few days and the hateboner you all have for Laurel and her actress is weird. Completely expected.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That DICK! posted:

Just watched this show over the last few weeks and it was awesome. Completely unexpected. Just skimmed through this thread over the last few days and the hateboner you all have for Laurel and her actress is weird. Completely expected.

But her face is a Dorito!

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

That DICK! posted:

You have failed this thread.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

sbaldrick posted:

There is a moment in this trailer that makes me a fangirl

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=450362095101828&saved

Just one? :neckbeard:

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
On a show that has managed to even salvage Thea Queen, Laurel stands alone as a boring side character whose only function is to remind you she exists, in case they ever decide they need her. I mean, she isn't even one of the top 2 Lances on the show.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
I thought the general feeling was that Laurel the actress was fine, but Laurel the character wasn't very well fleshed out and kinda boring (unless someone breaks into her home and she goes all hobo-with-a-shotgun on them!). She's really there only to move a slow moving plot from point A to point B.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Burning_Monk posted:

I thought the general feeling was that Laurel the actress was fine, but Laurel the character wasn't very well fleshed out and kinda boring (unless someone breaks into her home and she goes all hobo-with-a-shotgun on them!). She's really there only to move a slow moving plot from point A to point B.
That's a really lovely way to get the plot moving along if that's her job 4 out of 5 times and it shows. That being said, 2 seasons is plenty of setup for whatever they actually want to do with her now, so I'm gonna sit here and hope for the best.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

I think that Laurel is a good character and Katie Cassidy is a good actress. It's me, I'm the season 4 villain.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Laurel was just boring to me until I saw Supernatural, now I'm angry that they wasted an actress who is genuinely charismatic and interesting on such a loving twig of beige.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

They were kinda trying pivot to Laurel being the only normal non-crime fighter to ground Ollie and to some extend she does serve that purpose.

Plus, I like Katie Cassidy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ursus Veritas posted:

I think that Laurel is a good character and Katie Cassidy is a good actress. It's me, I'm the season 4 villain.

I wouldn't consider Laurel a good character because I feel she could be written better. But she's the not at all a detriment to the show like some people pretend she is. She's just fine and Katie Cassidy is good in what little they've given her. No problems with her at all.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

Deadpool posted:

I wouldn't consider Laurel a good character because I feel she could be written better. But she's the not at all a detriment to the show like some people pretend she is. She's just fine and Katie Cassidy is good in what little they've given her. No problems with her at all.

Drunk, pill popping, "gently caress you Dad" Laurel says hi.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Drunk mean Laurel was the best arc that Laurel's had on the show by a mile.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

VDay posted:

Drunk mean Laurel was the best arc that Laurel's had on the show by a mile.

Damned with the faintest of praise.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Drunk Laurel should join Team Arrow :colbert:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I actually enjoyed that Laurel storyline. And the short one with her trying to hunt down Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

I actually enjoyed that Laurel storyline. And the short one with her trying to hunt down Arrow.

I liked that she managed to trap him pretty much immediately too.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Whalley posted:

Laurel was just boring to me until I saw Supernatural, now I'm angry that they wasted an actress who is genuinely charismatic and interesting on such a loving twig of beige.

Heh me too - I've just binge watched Supernatural for the first time and had to check that it was the same actress. Both in looks and ability. Shows that the Laurel character is the problem, not the actress (still don't know what happened with the triangle face though)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deadpool posted:

Don't listen to this Caity hater!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

zoux posted:

Don't listen to this Caity hater!

I like her in any scene where's she's not trying to act serious. She's really bad at that.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Mr Beens posted:

Heh me too - I've just binge watched Supernatural for the first time and had to check that it was the same actress. Both in looks and ability. Shows that the Laurel character is the problem, not the actress (still don't know what happened with the triangle face though)

She lost a ton of weight between seasons to better portray a drug and alcohol addled wretch.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
yeah, she's pure meth'o.d.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Rocksicles posted:

yeah, she's pure meth'o.d.

:golfclap:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Tvbythenumbers is starting the season by saying Arrow is a lock for a fourth season, because syndication economics. So, good!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

zoux posted:

Tvbythenumbers is starting the season by saying Arrow is a lock for a fourth season, because syndication economics. So, good!

Long live the Queens.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
All this off season bombardment about casting actors, characters and episode titles makes me worry the magic may slip away from lack of surprise.

I mean, what about The Salmon Ladder? I haven't heard if it's contract has been renewed yet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I'm afraid the Salmon Ladder has been cast as Fish Mooney in Gotham :(

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

zoux posted:

I'm afraid the Salmon Ladder has been cast as Fish Mooney in Gotham :(

If I heard that she chewed out some of her goons while showing off her abs and doing the ladder, I might watch Gotham.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

If I heard that she chewed out some of her goons while showing off her abs and doing the ladder, I might watch Gotham.

It could happen...

http://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/full/782601202.jpg

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Lord Bude posted:

Long live the Queens.

There's only one left :(

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

There's only one left :(