Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Martout posted:

They seem really intent on keeping the show comicy and fun with just the right amount of camp and as long as they do I'll just have to keep watching it I guess. Very curious to know who's going to be Ra's but so far they have mostly nailed casting of villains so I'm not really worried.

Liam Neeson is hoping for too much though :(

Am I the only one who actively would not want Liam Neeson? The man is a brilliant actor, but when you have the same character in 2 different live-action continuities I consider it a terrible idea to have both versions played by the same actor. The 'realities' are separate and I think it's extremely important to underline that for audiences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Scyantific posted:

Yukio (the red-haired chick who could see into the future).

Oh cool, I liked her.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

Am I the only one who actively would not want Liam Neeson? The man is a brilliant actor, but when you have the same character in 2 different live-action continuities I consider it a terrible idea to have both versions played by the same actor. The 'realities' are separate and I think it's extremely important to underline that for audiences.

Not just you. Then again I'm holding out for an Oded Fehr dream-cast (even though he already voiced Ra's in Young Justice)

Error 404 posted:

Oh cool, I liked her.

Yeah, a lot of people found her to be the cool non-Wolverine person.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
My dream casting is Alexander Siddig, but he's locked up for GoT this year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

It doesn't really matter because the Nolan Batman universe is closed now.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

It doesn't really matter because the Nolan Batman universe is closed now.

I think you're missing my point. I'm saying it would be confusing to more casual audiences. Of course nerds like us grasp the concept of alternate continuities and “No, this is a different Ra's al Ghul" easily, but most people? Not so much, and you really need to make that as clear as you can - and using a totally different actor is a great start.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

I think you're missing my point. I'm saying it would be confusing to more casual audiences. Of course nerds like us grasp the concept of alternate continuities and “No, this is a different Ra's al Ghul" easily, but most people? Not so much, and you really need to make that as clear as you can - and using a totally different actor is a great start.

No, that's what I meant. There won't be anymore Nolan Batman movies and so presumably no more Neeson as Ra's in movies.

It's not going to happen anyway, but if it did I don't think that would be an issue. Only if they were happening simultaneously. The audience isn't that dumb.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

BreakAtmo posted:

You've got it backwards. The only people who care if actor A is playing character B in movie C and tv show D are turbonerds and can be safely ignored. The whole idea that a casual viewer cares enough to identify the discontinuities that result from Neeson's Ra's appearing in both Nolan's films and Arrow is laughable.

Really though, I just want to see Amell show up in a Justice League film because he's earned it, and as such find the whole "but think of the canon" argument to be dumb and petulant.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BreakAtmo posted:

They're not ever going to have Batman on the show so who cares?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I would not want Neeson for Ra's. I liked him for Begins, but the whole point of him was that he was some sort of Ra's compromise, which is pretty emblematic of a lot of adaptations at the time, like "Oh well the real Ra's is too fantastical and comic-booky to put in our super serious gritty movie about a vigilante bat ninja, so you get this white guy in a suit instead and it's a twist."

Arrow sees your adaptation compromise and it laughs*. Arrow will give us Ra's Al Ghul in his full, fantastical, comic book supervillain glory.

*not really since it has also compromised on a lot other characters but hey

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was still a white english guy in BTAS, wasn't he?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
...No?

He spoke with an English accent but that's A) Supervillainy 101, and B) not an indicator of ethnicity.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy
I liked her in Wolverine, even if it has been Retconned now..

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrianWilly posted:

...No?

He spoke with an English accent but that's A) Supervillainy 101, and B) not an indicator of ethnicity.

C: You get a chance to have David loving Warner voice your villian you take it.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I always liked to think of it as Ra's being so old that his specific ethnicity no longer exists. He checks his census forms "Vaguely Foreign."

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Moon posted:

C: You get a chance to have David loving Warner voice your villian you take it.

This is pretty much always the correct answer.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

jscolon2.0 posted:

Wasn't he already the art thief who put bomb collars on peeps?

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

jscolon2.0 posted:

drat, why do you have to both inspire and crush a dream at the same time?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

greatn posted:

Wasn't he already the art thief who put bomb collars on peeps?

That was James Callis.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

bunnyofdoom posted:

That was James Callis.

Who would win in a fight?

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Speaking of mediocre Rhas Al Ghul's, the voice actor in the Arkham game series really fails to hit the mark. David Warner is a high watermark, but Rhas needs gravitas and PRESENCE above all else. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUr8Ab0BT0Y

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

jscolon2.0 posted:

He would be goddamn amazing as Ra's

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.

zoux posted:

Season 2 is on Netflix on 9/14, so tell your friends.

That is an awesome birthday present for me!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Since this thread kind of functions as a de facto Flash thread as well, Dominic Purcell will be playing Heat Wave in episode four. Hopefully a future episode will feature him and Captain Cold staging a breakout from a prison with Clock King the new Count Vertigo.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Deadpool posted:

Since this thread kind of functions as a de facto Flash thread as well, Dominic Purcell will be playing Heat Wave in episode four. Hopefully a future episode will feature him and Captain Cold staging a breakout from a prison with Clock King the new Count Vertigo.

Well, to clarify, he apparently appears in episode four, but in ten, will team up with Captain Cold.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

The Question IRL posted:

Well they've taken Abruzzie for Count Vertigo II and Wentworth Miller for Captain Cold.
BTW, how awesome would it be if they decide to cast Dominic Purcell as Heat Wave?

Boom, I called this! I am so happy at this news!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > The TV IV > The Flash Season 1: Episode 10 is a Prison Break Reunion

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:siren:First look at S3E01 of Arrow, "The Calm":siren:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Looks like DC is doing comics about Arrow the TV-series: ARROW: SEASON 2.5.
They will be timed between seasons 2 and 3 and are about something called "Church of Blood".

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

adhuin posted:

Looks like DC is doing comics about Arrow the TV-series: ARROW: SEASON 2.5.
They will be timed between seasons 2 and 3 and are about something called "Church of Blood".

That was Sebastian's group.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Deadpool posted:

If only a mod would OK a Flash thread with me as OP.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

jscolon2.0 posted:

If only a mod would OK a Flash thread with me as OP.

Two weeks before the show starts. Get to the stickied claim thread and claim it so nobody else will make it if you want it.

Babygravy
Jun 12, 2014

I am the gravy

I am a sucker for red leather.. =\

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Astro Nut posted:

Well, to clarify, he apparently appears in episode four, but in ten, will team up with Captain Cold.

This just makes me want Fire and Ice to have a show. Superhero buddy-cops!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Luminous Obscurity posted:

This just makes me want Fire and Ice to have a show. Superhero buddy-cops!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
There is a moment in this trailer that makes me a fangirl

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=450362095101828&saved

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.

sbaldrick posted:

There is a moment in this trailer that makes me a fangirl

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=450362095101828&saved

Still more than a month to wait, damnit.

Starting to get hyped now.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Looks like Amell just mentioned on Facebook that Matt Nable will be playing one Ra's Al Ghul. I like that he's just so glib about casting announcements and bypassing normal channels.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm actually glad they picked someone that's a relative unknown for the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Disappointed that they didn't go with Fehr for the role, but they've done a spectacular job with their villains so far, so they obviously think Nable is capable of pulling it off. Still pretty stoked about Ra's though, no matter who's playing him.

• Locked thread