Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

DFu4ever posted:

Someone mentioned earlier that Katie Cassidy's face looked a bit plastic-y in the last episode, and I was thinking the same thing while watching the last episode. I think she may have gotten some lipo done on her chin and jawline.

Just marathoned season 2 up to the most recent episode. I had to check after the first episode that they hadn't recast Laurel as I thought it was a different person.

Please can we cut down on the comic references as laid out in the OP? A lot of us here don't read the comics and it is annoying to hear things like Laurel is going to become something or another, or Slade is going to do this so he can become a thing so he can do this other thing. Really annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

It's pretty hard to balance. This show is meant for the comic book fans. The writers clearly intend people to know a lot of those things. Half the impact of a lot of reveals is completely lost if you don't. It's why they haven't hesitated to say outright what's going to happen with Laurel.

You should know who (Dinah) Laurel Lance is, and Slade Wilson, etc. There's another like that soon from future episode summaries I've seen.

The OP just mentions irrelevant backstory stuff. Like basically anything to do with Merlyn, since the show went a different direction with it. If you didn't know Merlyn was a Green Arrow villain though, you missed out on a lot of clever moments up until the Barrowman reveal.

A similar thing happened with Slade and his partner. There's also more than one Blood in the DC universe, and they played that up too until the proper reveal.

Maybe Arrow needs a hugbox.

Yeah I get that it's a show based on the comics, but I don't think knowledge of the comics is required to enjoy the show at all. Talking about stuff that has happened in the TV show is cool and very interesting in reading about how they have changed things about a character once they have been revealed, but outright talking about major events that are more than likely going to happen to a character in the show at some point in the future is a bit off.
I don't want to push it too much, but would it be too hard to use the standard TVIV rules about spoilers? Some people have tried but people have just been replying to their spoilered text in the open.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

SirDan3k posted:

Speaking of Lotz have they given her character's full name? It'd be hilarious if it was Sara Dinah Lance just to screw with everybody insisting Laruel's name means her becoming the Black Canary is etched in stone.

One of the things that has been spoiled to death in this thread is that the writers have outright said that Laurel is going to become the Black Canary

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

The aunt thing came from Quentin, so all he really had to do was check her in and claim to be her nephew since that's the record the police would check.

But that is the thing - "all he has to do" is check in a woman (who is totally sane), hope that she goes loopy and is locked away for ever, and also check her into a hospital with none of her ID and just say "oh yeah, she's so and so, my aunt" here is the check for the bills. Mental hostpitals just lock people up randomly off the street as long as someone says they are their nephew.

Great episode but that was a pretty weak way of Laurel finding out the truth.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Yeah that wasn't a great episode - mainly as the quality is usually so high.
The whole drone thing was just incredibly dumb - 1 missile would take out the whole house and the bunker with foot thick concrete walls and incinerate the toxin that 0.5ml of can wipe out city blocks - no. Then they show it exploding with as much force as a standard movie grenade. I can only imagine it was budget reasons or something, but they really missed the ball here.

Ollies plan to get Sarah out of the way was also dumb. I stop sleeping with her, Slade stops going after her. What was his plan to let Slade know? Update his Facebook page to not in a realtionship or something?

Diggles plan to protect Felicity. Sit in the car out front. I guess she doesn't have a back door?

I'm going to write this one off as a blip

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Enjoyable episode but it bothers me how this show (and movies etc.) deal with people with super strength. Hit a random guy, they go flying break bones, die. Hit a main character they get knocked down with barely a scratch.
In this episode Roy clocked Sin with a backhand to the face with enough force to knock her flying. She has a small bruise on the side of her face.
Does a full body swing to Diggle's face with a metal pole, just knocks him out for a bit.

Please stop with all the Conner and Ravager chat until stuff shows up in show - these first 2 seasons they have changed enough from the comics that speculating who maps to who in the comics is pointless.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Trivial Fursuit posted:

My guess is Ollie's kiddo.

His kid that he doesn't even know exists?

Did anyone else find it hilarious when Sara took off her mask and wig? The wig that is a slightly lighter shade of blonde and about 1 inch longer than her normal hair?

Please stop with the preview spoilers :(

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

BreakAtmo posted:

It is. Some people just confuse their opinions on movies for objective fact.

And some people think one person's opionion stated as objective fact overrides their own opinion :)

Personally I thought Begins was really good, Dark Knight was a good film with some really bad bits, Dark Knight rises terrible all round.
So asa trilogy it abouts averages out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Whalley posted:

Laurel was just boring to me until I saw Supernatural, now I'm angry that they wasted an actress who is genuinely charismatic and interesting on such a loving twig of beige.

Heh me too - I've just binge watched Supernatural for the first time and had to check that it was the same actress. Both in looks and ability. Shows that the Laurel character is the problem, not the actress (still don't know what happened with the triangle face though)

• Locked thread