Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Rocksicles posted:

I spend 8-10 hours a day working out on a building site and i'm built nothing like any of those dudes.

Your muscles will be built for work, their muscles are built for looking pretty. Also how much beer do you drink?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

The funny thing is, up until the last two episodes instead of an earthquake where they state it outright I thought the device/maguffin to destroy the city was going to be more focused around the subways/underground networks since that's what the logo was. A massive natural gas line break throughout that system would be just as deadly and infinitely more plausible than an Oceans 13-esque earthquake generator.

Well if they're going to have the Flash in there they need to start introducing more sci-fi style elements.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

atomicgeek posted:

Speaking of crazy-rear end trick arrows, io9 had this list recently: 16 Trick Arrows That Make Green Arrow's Boxing Glove Look Cool. I can't decide if my favorite is Fake Cat Arrow or Nuclear Bomb Arrow. :allears:

The best part of Fake Cat Arrow is that it requires two arrows to work! One for the stuffed cat and one for the "meow" noise!

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Narcissus1916 posted:

While I thought the writing was structurally pretty fun this week, I groaned at how much they played up Huntresses' moral quandry. They tried to play it like she's never killed anyone, despite her flat-out murdering a gaggle of innocent FBI agents last time she was in Starling.

That is one thing that gets me about this show. It's bad that the bad guys kill people, but all the people the good guys killed in the past is totally cool. The only thing I feel guilty about is the time that bad guy killed someone I knew and then claimed it was my fault.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm not ashamed, I yelled "YES!" when Summer Glau's eyes opened at the end.

Bravo, show.

Funny, I shouted "YES!" when Diggle shot her. Although I kind of sucks that her backstory turns out to be "a woman scorned". It's a comic book show so I don't expect super deep motivations but it's just so cliche.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

R-Type posted:

She has a martian forehead that's way taller than normal. She keeps her hair over it to try to hide it, but in the mask you can see the dome for what it is. And it is large.

It seems to bulge weirdly around the temple/ear/jaw area. It makes her look a bit like an ant. Maybe a more rigid mask that just covered the face and not half her hair would have worked better.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

VDay posted:

I don't think it's so much that it was annoying but more that it was just awkward sounding. Like, it's obviously just Miracle, but instead everyone keeps calling it MIRAKURU and enunciating it kind of weirdly over and over and over again.

You just know that if they stopped calling it MIRAKURU and called it Miracle instead there would be shitloads of confused viewers. Better to play it safe and call it the obviously strange sounding name so people know its the important thing and not just someone saying something was a miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

JohnSherman posted:

My biggest problem with the Glades is that it is probably one of the worst names for a run down section of a city. Every time some character uses that name, I have to remind myself that they are talking about the Starling City ghetto and not a Hamptons analogue.

I thought the Glades was supposed to be the city's projects area, hence being named the "Glades" to try and make it sound more attractive to the poor people they have shunted in there.

• Locked thread