Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just marathon'd the first season and a half and holy poo poo this show :stare:

I want more of everything awesome. More Slade, more Felicity loving Smoak, more Diggle, more Sara, more Barrowman, more Officer Harry Dresden, more Moire descending into awesome villainy. Everything owns.

Laurel is the only weak end and that's because they aren't giving her anything to do. Now that she's not Single Female Lawyer fighting injustice, she just is sort of there. A way to fix that is as Slade wants to corrupt people Ollie loves, who better than the girl in the picture Ollie stared at all the time. Laurel could be that person to ruin Oliver's world. A Ravager if you will :unsmigghh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Avulsion posted:

He runs an organization that kidnaps people, shoots them full of experimental drugs that will probably kill them and then brainwashes the survivors into murderous fanatics.

Sara straight up was in the League of Assassins and I'm pretty sure Oliver thinks she's ok.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Crunk Abortion posted:

I can report that FakeClockUp works with the beta of MobileSubstrate, and also makes iOS 7 a hell of a lot snappier on an iPhone 4, especially with some of the fancier graphical flourishes disabled. I'm amazed at how fluid and snappy 7 feels on here given some of the horror stories circulating about running it on old hardware. It feels like a new phone at this point.

League of Assassins plant spotted.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bunnyofdoom posted:

God, even if he's reduced to like, I dunno, throwing poo poo at Ollie from the street corner like a crazy homeless man, he'll still be the most menancing scenery chewing villain (other than :argh: BARROWMAN)

Bennet/Barrowman team up Season 3 :getin:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
All this talk of Jeffery Combs' Question and no use of this quote?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLlk0ROvcKA

Goons, you have failed this thread.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I bet Laurel would have chemistry with Slade :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
gently caress Joss Whedon, Felicity would be killed off for some dumb reason and it'd be close ups of Laurel's feet after two seasons.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrianWilly posted:

Which is, of course, entirely dissimilar from how Tommy and Yao Fei and Shado got killed off or when this show does whatever it does with Amell's abs.

Yes exacty.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
That Bomber should have been Mad Stan and it should have been Henry Rollins.

Also, Laurel being useful. I approve!

Still needs to become Slade's apprentice :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Aphrodite posted:

Laurel got fired, so she now has nothing to do but go after Blood.

Blood is gonna screw up again and Slade is gonna set up Laurel to murderize him and take his place. I'm going to keep trumpeting Slade mentoring Laurel until it happens :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

BrianWilly posted:

You keep mentioning this, but Batman has kicked everyone out of everything, up to and including his own wards from his own house. He'd kick the current Arrow and Canary out of the JLA without a second thought as well.

Because they are unrepentant murderers :confused:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Drunk! Laurel is pretty rad. I liked at the very end where she tries to lock her door but misses and they don't even focus on it.

Also gently caress yes more Canary.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Dear God, even his baseball opinions are correct :swoon:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Amell's FB page keeps spitting out gold :allears:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Guys it's happening! Laurel's world is RAVAGED. Slade gonna get him some Apprentice :neckbeard:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

croutonZA posted:

So, superherohype put up some promo images and a synopsis for the next episode: http://www.superherohype.com/news/291319-promo-images-from-episode-2-14-of-arrow-revealed

Spoilers obviously.

Felicity always looks so awkward in heels :allears:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I kinda want Ming-Na Wen to jump ship and come be on Arrow and play Lady Shiva. It'll never happen as her current job is probably better for her career but I could watch her glare hatefully for days :allears:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I hope they kill her off because her character is pretty worthless now. I still can't believe she is running for mayor. Unless that is just the set up to have Blood or Slade kill her.

Yeah, a morally ambiguous maternal figure who will probably end up in a seat of power who also isn't on anybody's side except the one that defends her family is worthless. Can't think of any way that could be interesting later on.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

Her character is kind of ridiculous super nerd manic virgin whore. Just every single cliche you could think of for a girl character in a superhero show. Clearly designed as a male nerd fantasy.

But I think she's completely awesome anyway and somehow makes it work. She should be way too cute by half to actually be charming, way too hot to be believable as a nerd, the magical hacking should be a lot more embarrassing than it is, and the character should make us feel kind of patronized, but the character just works for some reason, and that reason is the actress just doing a phenomenal job.

It still makes me laugh that Felicity got kicked out of a computer system by some random security desk mooks.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
So looking froward to Felicity having an archnemisis besides Ollie's coffee maker.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

Conversations with strangers?

Conversations with anybody

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The reason lots of comic vigilantes (barring grimdark 90s anti heroes trying to prove how edgy they are) avoid killing is that vigilantism shits all over due process enough as it is and being able to murder people with you eye lasers or power rings without oversight would be some Justice Lords poo poo real quick.

Merlyn is the end result of a guy who wants to wipe out crime with that logic.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Now I know why my ancestor's comic entitled "Horror of the Corrupt Vampiric Cannibal Ghoul Cops vs the Glamorous Tortured Werewolf Dope Dealers" failed. If only they knew the Code.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
SLADE MOTHERFUCKING WILSON :black101:

Edit: God this show is loving aces. Slade showing up looking all relaxed in Moire's goddamn drawing room to schmooze is the best goddamn declaration of challenge. He might as well just showed up in the Arrow Cave and done a freaking haka, it has roughly the same effect.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Feb 27, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
The worst thing about this episode is Laurel not continuing to go off the deep end, thus enabling her to eventually become Slade's murderous engine of revenge.

Arrow, you were so close. Ollie had written her off and everything. :negative:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

WarLocke posted:

Don't worry, now we have the Felicity/Sarah jealousy thing to deal with. :unsmigghh:

If it gets Felicity on the salmon ladder bring it on.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Bozza posted:

From several pages back but holy poo poo yes. Maybe someone should complain to Amell he's a chill dude and Canadian. He might be cool with that.

The means of production (of mirakuru) should be controlled by the masses!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

OJ and Charles Manson would make an awesome black ops team.

That would have been a great Naked Gun 9

WarLocke posted:

Nope, watched it again and it's definitely hitting at eye-level

Is it tomorrow night yet?

I don't know what you're seeing there is a clear shot of his face and no arrow.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Mar 5, 2014

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Goodamn that episode. Slade was smug as gently caress and it was amazing.

And its not fair to compare acting in this show when Bennett and Amell are making GBS threads on everybody else from a great height with their performances. Katie Cassidy would be fine if her character wasn't poo poo, and Lotz is fine except when she needs to ham it up.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

jscolon2.0 posted:

You know, you did have a wife and kid before the island, Slade.

Maybe he doesn't anymore :ohdear:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Drifter posted:

Didn't morgan freeman have a mouse?

He did do a lot of voicework for a movie about...a Penguin!

My god, it's like a puzzle in four dimensions.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Spergatory posted:

So it doesn't necessarily mean much, but apparently the title of 2x20 was just revealed: "Seeing Red." Now, knowing about the original plans for 2x20, you have to wonder exactly what shade of red they'll be seeing.

Somebody is going rouge

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Popper posted:

It's actually pretty impressive that an entire series of setup around the Suicide Squad (with Diggles!) fighting Deathstroke, with the Arrow team coming together for the first time is being entirely overshadowed by 2 seconds of possible Harley Quinn in a trailer.

Uh, the best part of that trailer was Roy punching Slade, who just shrugs it off :colbert:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Edit: ^^^^^^ Beaten in a race :argh:

Ravane posted:

Quick question for the comics: Is the dude (Barry Burton?) who got struck by lightning coming back as a super villain/hero? Or is he Wintergreen level of dead (aka coma forever)?

Um, Barry Allen is the Flash and just got his own show.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Yes, get rid of the only thing that the potentially psychotic super soldier serum'd troubled youth loves and can snap him out of his rage fugues.

God Ollie, you are so dumb.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Blackchamber posted:

I'm not going to let this one slip past. That would be pretty awesome to see.

Just a few more episodes and they'll be Eskimo brothers!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I like to imagine that SWAT Captain Renegade is actually Cliff from http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118301/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_131 after getting into a career in law enforcement.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Stephen Amell has been posting some weird as pics on his Facebook all day but this one took the cake.

I don't know if I approve of the character design for Ravager or not.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Emerald City Con has only homebrewed, artisan nerd stank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

The Finer Arts > The TV IV > Arrow Season 2: "It's a little flamboyant, but I like it."

• Locked thread