Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Drifter posted:

I'd have thought R'as would have set up the ninjas to capture Slade themselves, since all that mirakuru blood would have totally given him super strength, and since he's halfway batshit insane it probably wouldn't have had any effect in the crazy department.

Ra's is commonly portrayed as an eco terrorist so I don't think an artificial serum is really his thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TyrantWD posted:

I have never seen a pilot that got me excited about a show.

Sleepy Hollow did for me.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

greatn posted:

I don't know who Mark Pellegrino is, but his brother San Pellegrino makes the sickest o á gaz.

Lucifer from Supernatural and Rita's Ex that Dexter had murdered.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

hcreight posted:

You mean like a villain?

He's an antagonist. Crowley (for example) is an utter cock and would sacrifice the protagonists in a heartbeat but he doesn't go around trying to end the world.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Out of curiosity, I don't even remember, did Slade and Shado know each other prior to Ollie showing up? It seemed like Slade being "YOU ARE MY ONE TROO LOVE" came really abruptly.

Slade was a goon emotionally but he happened to have brawn and cunning to back it up.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So I guess we may see Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman if it's "half" of the Justice League?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Scyantific posted:

Honestly I could go for a "Brave and the Bold"-style treatment for the TV universe. The cartoon series was amazing and I still enjoy watching it to this day.

What I'm trying to say is bring on Wildcat.

Wildcat would be perfect for like a fighting mentor for Oliver.

Like Slade but less crazy.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Crunk Abortion posted:

Why anyone would want to let the shitlords who brought us Man of Steel gently caress around with the Arrowverse will forever be a mystery to me. Are there actually people out there who don't think Arrow is putting the rest of DC's combined live action efforts to shame?

There was nothing wrong with Man of Steel.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Scyantific posted:

A few more details surrounding Season 3 of Arrow and Season 1 of The Flash.

They're pretty much saying it'll be Ra's al Ghul, but is there anyone else who might think like him and Oliver?

Batman. :can:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Scyantific posted:

Hahaha, Amell posted this to his facebook earlier.

He should be the next Batman.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rhyno posted:

So I've blocked as much Smallville out as possible but one thing has started bugging me. Did Clark go to College?

Apparently he does in Season 5.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Rhyno posted:

For what, one episode?

Reading the synopses, it seems episodes 4-8 are college related stuff and then there's a million bullshit b-plots that just sort of crowd everything else out.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

sbaldrick posted:

Those are the only two shows I could remember existing on UPN.

UPN had a lot of entertainment made for black people.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Some Numbers posted:

I'm constantly baffled as to why people care so much. It's great to be a fan and enjoy a show, but why get so bent out of shape if two fictional characters don't get together? Why is that such a big deal?

The Avengers is often compared to as the director playing with dolls. Shipping is similar.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
It'd be kinda cool if they did redo the whole Batman begins "mentor is secretly Ra's" thing but you definitely couldn't put Neeson in.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BreakAtmo posted:

I think you're missing my point. I'm saying it would be confusing to more casual audiences. Of course nerds like us grasp the concept of alternate continuities and “No, this is a different Ra's al Ghul" easily, but most people? Not so much, and you really need to make that as clear as you can - and using a totally different actor is a great start.

They're not ever going to have Batman on the show so who cares?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

VDay posted:

I don't think it's so much that it was annoying but more that it was just awkward sounding. Like, it's obviously just Miracle, but instead everyone keeps calling it MIRAKURU and enunciating it kind of weirdly over and over and over again.

The Japanese are actually really big about using English loan words so this is probably not that far off (although obviously they weren't really doing that in the 1940s).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

imperialparadox posted:

Yeah, I hate it when comic shows kill off villains left and right, it's sort of missing one of the silly tropes of being a comic-book show. Besides, once you kill off too many villains, what is left for your hero to do?

Resurrect some of those villains, thereby fulfilling a silly trope of comic books?

• Locked thread