Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Moira was seriously my favourite character, so this episode greatly saddened me. She was kind of a wild card, since aside from protecting her family, you were rarely sure about what she was going to do, or what the next story involving her would be: would she be trying to reconnect with her daughter or have her husband kidnapped to ensure her silence? She could be both a concerned mother and a dangerous antagonist without either role ringing false. She was a completely normal (corrupt business)woman in a world of masked vigilantes and ancient death cults, comfortable with both family drama and supervillain intrigue. I have a feeling that they had much more stories to tell with her, so I'm afraid the show will be poorer without her.

e: ^^^ Spoilering this for the sake of people who haven't watched the episode and don't want to see spoilers on the top of the page.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Sober posted:

They really should've just gave her a normal Deathstroke mask and then had her take it off after she KO'd Diggle instead.

A major female character that doesn't show any skin, even if it's just her face? Absurd, I say.

But if they were afraid of not showing Glau's face or something, they should have done just what you said. And it doesn't look anything like Ravager's mask (because of the shape of Glau's head), so if it's supposed to be faithful to the original material, then they missed the point.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 3, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The BSS movie thread inspired me: Arrow needs Gail Simone's Catman. He's basically a perfect fit for the show: he has a cool name that you can shout out instead of his goofy alter ego ("BLAKE!"), doesn't need a high budget or an excuse for a shirtless scene, has a reason to be in China, and he's basically the perfect foil for Ollie (a former millionaire who is reborn and remade in the wilderness).

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 15, 2014

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I can't imagine Sheppard as Ra's because my brain has apparently room for only one scruffy, high-foreheaded actor of law enforcers. When I try to imagine him as Ra's, he morphs into Paul Blackthorne and it just gets confusing.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Arrow is the best drat show.

Not the show that we deserve, but the show that we need.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

dordreff posted:

I'm watching season 2 now and I got to know, what happened to Dig getting kidnapped by Slade's goons? He definitely got kidnapped after Slade did his stuff at the X-Mansion, but the next episode Dig's just there as normal. Most of this season's been really good so what the gently caress.

I think he was just knocked out.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BrianWilly posted:

What do you mean the Starling Police Department doesn't also double as their metro station

Thank God I'm practically blind or I would notice things like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe they can introduce some real Queen this season. :gay:

• Locked thread