Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I love how ungodly stupid this show is. Like in this episode the whole scene in star labs during the latest episode. It was like Deathstroke just got caught up in chasing those two nerds around that he didn't remember that he was there to steal that thing until he actually saw the thing that he was there to steal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The fight is another stupid thing in my opinion. Not the actual fight itself, that was cool.

But why didn't he just kill them right there. I get that he has bigger plans in mind for Oliver so he has a reason not to kill him, but what about the other three? I mean he has shown that he can overpower all four quite easily and he wants Oliver to know that he's not safe anywhere. So why not kill Sarah, Felicity and Diggle? Now that would send a message and also get rid of his support and setback his operation big time. Two birds with one stone.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 19, 2014

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Bad Moon posted:

What the hell happened to Joe, Slade's son?

Presumably Slade's been to busy waving his giant revenge boner around to think about his son.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
In my opinion the whole knowing the arrows identity is kind of wasted by the fact that she's probably just going to be another drat cheerleader for Oliver. One of the things that I liked about Tommy finding out about Ollie secret Identity was Tommy calling him out over a lot of his bullshit. Then they killed him off solely for dramatic purposes at the end of the first season and Laurel mentally regressed to a fourteen year old girl so she'd have something to do.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
One thing that bothers me about this episode: Did the Japanese actually have torpedoes that required a pilot inside them? It just seems kind of stupid to me.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

ayb posted:

no way were they going to cover up the second hottest characters face

Yeah they are. She's quite hot when the glasses come off.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Actually Ollie and Malcolm will go to a trendy restaurant and talk over their differences like sane adults.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So official A.R.G.U.S policy is "Drone Strikes Solve Everything" now?
Also did Sebastian seriously not get that Slade was a crazy person who was using him to stroke his massive revenge boner and would probably kill him the first moment it's convenient?
God drat this show's dumb.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

teagone posted:

Might be dumb, but it's still better than Agents of Shield.

That's where I'd have to disagree with you. I watch both. Anyways to keep it from getting off topic. This show my be dumb but that's just part of the charm for me.

edit:

Aphrodite posted:

If he had he'd be wrong. Slade only killed him for the betrayal.

From how Isobel and Slade acted around him I'm pretty sure they would have just killed him either way once he served his purpose. His betrayal was just a good excuse.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 10, 2014

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah but the problem for me is that DC's going for the whole "let's rip off The Dark Knight trilogy by making everything all Dark and edgy because that was the only reason why people say they are good movies" thing that DC has been doing for the past ten or so years. That's honestly the biggest problem with this show. They spend so much time ripping off batman that this show honestly doesn't get enough time to be it's own thing.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
She'll be fine, just paralyzed from the waist down since she seems set up to be the equalivant to Oracle.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
It's actually Merlyn. A LOT of things will happen between now and the finale.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I will say that I liked this season over the first one. Slade just seemed like a bigger threat overall than Merlyn was. I will however say that for the island flashbacks they seem to have ran out of ideas after Slade finally went evil. After that it just kind of turned into filler until they got the submarine working. Which is kind of disappointing to me since in the first season they were the part of the show that I thought was legitimately good. Hopefully thing will pick up there next season.

Merlinicus posted:

The entire Thea plot of too many lies was ok for about two episodes, then devolved into Thea just being obnoxious. I think I might actually like Laurel's character more at this point.

Also The ending to this plot doesn't really make all that much sense considering that things were just starting to get back on the upswing in regards to the relationship between her and her family.

One other thing that bothers me was Detective Lance's death. It kind of reminded me a little bit of Tommy's death last season. Admitedly handled a bit better with how he died. But it still felt like they just sort of killed him off for dramatic purposes like they did with Tommy.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 01:19 on May 16, 2014

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Drifter posted:

Why do you guys think he is dead? They just showed him bruised and bleeding internally.

Haven;t you loving learned about needing to see a dead body?

I do hope I'm wrong to be honestly but given the parallels between the two season finales, I think it's safe to say he's dead.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Drifter posted:

One person had a building poking through his body, one person had a bruise.

I meant the whole "for Dramatic Purposes" thing then how they died (or possibly died in the case of the latter.) How Lance got injured was actually presented better than Tommy just deciding to stay in the burning building instead of booking it the gently caress out of there with Laurel.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

teagone posted:

Dude's in the league of assassins. He has a link to his bankroll. Probably 2 or 3 more too.

He's not affiliated with them. In fact it's outright stated that they want him dead.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

BottledBodhisvata posted:

What's wrong with Canary? She owns.

Her horrible awkward dialog and lovely acting. I mean say what you want about S.H.I.E.L.D at least the people there talked like real people.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well to change the subject:

After twenty four years the CW has finally announced that the long awaited second season to their cult classic show The Flash is actually happening with a premier this fall. If you're not sure the show is for you, you can watch the first episode free on amazon if anyone is interested.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
In The Fantastic Four movie Johnny Storms reaction to discovering his superpowers was basically "This is awesome!"

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Captain Mog posted:

You shut your mouth. I refuse to accept any future where he doesn't end up with Felicity, AKA the best non-Ollie character on the show :colbert:

Give him time, he still needs to sleep with the older members of the Lance family.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

King of Solomon posted:

Well, they could always do this...

Okay if this doesn't show up in season 3, I'm going to start collecting heads.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Barry changes something in the past and then returns to find everyone is evil and Barrowman is the good archer.

Barry takes Barrowman into the past and leaves him there, as a result everyone is the Son/Daughter of Barrowman including Barrowman.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
The Arrow didn't kill him but he did kill Slade's self esteem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Chokes McGee posted:

Finally, some fun trivia if no one caught it: Det. Lance's callsign was Delta Charlie Fifty-Two. DC 52. Shut up I felt clever when I noticed

The number 52 has been showing up everywhere in everything DC has made for a few years now, I've stopped looking for them some time ago.

• Locked thread