Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

LTBS posted:

135F Ribeye (one of the steaks I asked about above). Was cooked then iced then reheated and it turned out great. So tender.

How did that turn out? I love rare ribeye but there seems to be a lot of connective tissue to make it hard to eat. Did that dissolve on your steak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
Ok so I got an Anova. So far I have tried two ribeyes in the puddle. 135 the first time for an hour and 130 the second time for 2 hours. My question is how is it that my steaks aren't pink or red inside when I take em out? They taste great and seem like they are juicy and tender. What am I doing wrong?

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

Just use ziploc bags. You don't need a vacuum sealer unless you are a professional kitchen

You do need one if you have a lovely freezer that burns the hell out of anything thats not vacuum sealed.

That said this is what I use: http://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-V22...FD5MYACG0NCJEBJ

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
I'm puddling a bone in ribeye tonight. Gonna throw it on my new grills searing burner after its ready to finish up. Pic's incoming.

Senior Funkenstien
Apr 16, 2003
Dinosaur Gum
First Sous Vide steak I was impressed with.