Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

I would've gone with a gridiron joke for Gridon instead of changing his name to Ornac, but oh well; everything else about the episode was incredible. Pierre was magnificent in every way, and that transformation sequence was top notch. Especially the boxing bell ringing.

Oh and then there's that whole "these teenage punks fighting for play don't know about REAL WAR" is hilariously curmudgeony. Like if Solid Snake was a flamboyant crotchety "get off my lawn" dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Except Ac-orn -> Orn-ac is the same transformation from Don-guri to Guri-don. It's basically putting the first syllable last.

Yeah, but Aesir/Over-Time never were huge proponents of 1:1 translation, it just seems weird that they'd translate the name like that now rather than tweak the joke a bit.
But, whatever! It's a softsub, and it's not really a huge deal either way. It's just a nutty name. :haw:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Monathin posted:

After that, though, it's anyone's guess. :shepface:

After an incredible first run, Urobuchi will start to stutter. Pressure from trying to reconcile his vision with the increasingly worried concerns from parents and his superiors will cause ratings to drop, and eventually he will be pushed off the show.

In order to salvage it, Inoue will be brought in.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Apollove posted:

I really hope she ends up becoming a late season rider :allears:

A broom was Den-O's very first weapon, so be on the lookout for giant mounds of sand. :downs:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Mikl posted:

Shinichiro Miki is James (of Pokemon Team Rocket fame), Ryusei Date (Super Robot Wars), Lockon Stratos (Gundam 00), and Batman.

Man I knew Ryouma was a nerd with his belts and all but god drat man. :reject:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

jivjov posted:

I think they mean "dedicated team-up special". The Decade/Shinkenger stuff were just part of the regular episode count.

Kamen Rider VS Super Sentai: Super Hero War? :v:

EDIT: Well unless it's "a specific single team and specific single Rider".

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 18, 2014

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Solaris Knight posted:

As awesome as Gaim is, and I'm loving it, I'm also upset that Wizard wasn't the Urobuchi series we got. I have a big thing for magic and supernatural themes, and to see so much missed potential makes me sad.

Wizard was basically Kiva all over again. Incredible suits, kickass theme and motifs, interesting introduction, completely blows a fat one by episode 10 and never quite picks it up again.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Some Numbers posted:

Also, Kouta's actor is amazing and really sells his emotions.

The only bad thing about Gaim is that Kouta's suffering means we will never see him do his goofy grins again.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Serious Frolicking posted:

You'd think so, but then he keeps insisting he is right even though he always gets his rear end kicked.

And then gets kissed up by other characters for being special even though he gets his rear end kicked despite his I-have-the-power-thus-I-am-right mentality.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Apollove posted:

worst comes to worst we just get Gobus Gavan 2.0

Best case scenario it turns out to be a really enjoyable fun breather episode that also expands upon Gaim's plot a bit

If it's anything like the TQG episode, it'll be a fun and harmless breather episode. Urobuchi seems to be handling the mandatory marketing-based plot poo poo Toei's handing down to him pretty well.

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 11, 2014

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

So, chances that it's Oren that identifies Micchy as Melon?

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 12, 2014

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Thurm posted:

And apparently ep 37 is another movie tie-in. :argh:

Gaim is an unbelievable hit, so Toei's gonna be shilling everything they can with it. Just marketing 101, really--if you have a popular product, see if you can get other products to springboard off of it.
What's left that could use a boost? Maybe next we'll have the pleasure(?) of a Precure crossover or something.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

scaterry posted:

doesn't feel right.

Because it's not right. He is not right. He is evil, like D&D-style Evil with a capital E. He does not do "right".

There is no up for him. He is going down more and more because he is a full-on antagonist, and you build characters up as villains by doing things that are not "right".

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

DARKSEID DICK PICS posted:

Honestly, based on him already doing it once, I half expect him to just find a rifle and try to change fate himself from afar.

Kaito and Kouta beat each other to a senseless pulp but can't beat each other. Micchy comes in and kicks them both away, claims the golden fruit, uses it as a last-minute act of repentance to rewrite the world so none of this ever happened and everyone's all happy again. :downs:

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Potsticker posted:

What was the actual death count? 6? Yuya, Hase, Sid, Ryouma, Kaito and Yoko?

rip 2013-2014 all brave butt-holders who died in the line of duty :japan:

e:
oh yeah and everyone who got nuked in america i guess :911:

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Sep 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Overall out of all the seasons of 30-minute children's toy commercials, I really liked this season and is probably my newest favorite season next to Kuuga and V3.

Really looking forward to this next set of commercials and their karate punching.

e: Also will be interesting to see if they abandon the two-episode-per-arc format again.

TerminusEst13 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Sep 28, 2014

• Locked thread