Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Sundowner posted:

I really disliked Zilian the whole time, irrespective of any disability fraud. He was just a real dick to his chat and even to his girlfriend who he'd have on a separate cam covering another quarter of his screen.

A few days ago I was watching some BOILeR speedruns (Binding of Isaac battles) and I cannot even begin to explain how much of an rear end in a top hat Crumps is. Every legit question brought up by the chat was responded with a scoff and a "read the rules". He'd be a huge dick to someone in the chat and ban them for no reason. Someone would very kindly ask why that person was banned, only to get banned themselves. This was happening every minute. Any even slightly negative thing said about Crumps was responded with a ban.

So what is it that makes people think they can be huge assholes on twitch? To their own viewers? The sickening thing was the dozens of other people in the chat saying things like "yeah, ban those guys! You're the best ever crumps! (twitchdogface emote)". I can't think of a time I've ever been offended so much by someone was I saw all this, and I had to turn it off.

Twitch is such a weird place. The bottom of the barrel stuff is worse than pewdiepie. But then again you do find the occasional good streamer; Denzel Glovington introduced me to Sinister1. I'm also a fan of Spelunky runs by B. Rex and BearTaffy. No face cams on any of those guys! Sinister1 is streaming right now and just did something that makes my point about being a dick to your chat. I'm sure he gets asked why he only uses Raphael in TMNT4 every 15 minutes or so, but he always answers the chat in a helpful way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

IceAgeComing posted:

I think I've just found the dumbest facecam video ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1gZHqL8Hb4

We now live in a world with facecams without faces. (Though I'm fairly certain this is a contractual thing by the makers of Oculus Rift.)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

slowbeef posted:

Maybe he really is the Andy Kaufman of Let's Play. This is loving hilarious to me.

What are the Andy Kaufman LP's we've had here? Ones where we know that the LPer was trolling his audience for no reason other than their own amusement? I can think of Taxidermist Pasta's dongs.exe, and maybe Cybershell's Half Life 2(?) LP. I tried some Andy Kaufman humor during TFTD but there's no way I could keep it up an entire LP. I'd love to see more examples but only if I know I'm being trolled. I believe DSP is just that stupid and can't watch anything of his for more than 10 seconds because of it.

Edit: Lurkdawg LttP deserves a spot on this list.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

The GIG posted:

I've been watching Achievement Hunter's GTA Heist and I have to say I really love how the video is set up, from the live action "planning" to the casing and having the guys who die during the heist cut from the audio. Though it really drags after the 15-20 minute mark until the actual heist, the heist itself makes for a really great payoff.

To anyone familiar with AH's videos the outcome was inevitable, but yeah, this was a great video. I "liked" it. I loving NEVER click that like button. It's so nice to have a video done by people with strong personalities that still focuses on gameplay instead of themselves. So few people outside of SA do that.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Nihilarian posted:

Has no one done a non-english LP on the SA forums?

raocow did a video in French once, and I thought it was really funny because he read an block of English text as if they were French words. Good f'n luck finding one specific raocow video ever again though.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

kidcoelacanth posted:

Y'all should definitely try to get Michael and Ray again for a part 2, the episode you did with them is one of my favorite podcast episodes in anything.

Completely agree with all of the above. You should also try to get Geoff/Gavin at some point too. They'd probably have some great stories as well.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

CJacobs posted:

I recently got approached by a TGN guy to join their network and be a partner:

I get youtube emails like that every month, and each one is so painfully obviously a robomailer I just ignore them. I don't even bother to look up what the company is or what they look like; I will now assume they are all fedora-wearing hipsters. Thanks!

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

slowbeef posted:

I can't watch it now, but is the DSP "Look at my skeletons, bitch" video as good as advertised?

I saw a funny DSP video recently where he was playing Sonic 06. After killing a boss, instead of heading down the obvious exit tunnel, he decides the best course of action is to walk over lava. And of course he didn't have any rings, and was on his last life so he died and lost an hour of progress. "Whadda ya mean the lava still kills me? How was I supposed to know that? Bullshit!"
Oh DSP, never change. :allears:

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

slowbeef posted:

You know, I do want to say one thing: if you're really laughing at Phil because he is bad at video games, you are missing like 90% of what makes it funny

Also that lava totally looked cooled off.

That other 90% of DSP is stuff so depressing it's hard to enjoy. I almost feel bad for the guy for being so unaware about, well, everything. Video games, social interaction, long-term financial planning, the list goes on.

But when you do something dumb like walk into lava that poo poo is hilarious. Can't wait for the other Radical Train level. :)

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
Third party add-on. Disable YouTube autoplay. Please. These videos don't deserve views.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Cheez posted:

Why would you need a third party add-on to press the toggle button that disables autoplay?

That one sometimes doesn't work. I prefer the nuclear option over trusting YouTube to work right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

chitoryu12 posted:

The Lego Movie was actually pretty drat good.

Confirmed. And if there's a Lego Batman movie I'm there opening night.

• Locked thread